Mikk's ZScript resources [Smooth fire / Universal Headshots]

Post your example zscripts/ACS scripts/etc here.

Mikk's ZScript resources [Smooth fire / Universal Headshots]

Postby Mikk- » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:03 pm

I've been tinkering away at some small resources as a practice for ZScript modding

Here's what I've come up with:

Smooth Fire

Nicely animated (non-particle) fire FX, comes in 2 shapes and 5 colours - massively customisable!!
Spoiler: Things to note:

Universal Headshots

Simple mod which adds headshot hit-boxes to all enemy types, also includes an enemy blacklist for those that shouldn't take headshot damage.
Spoiler: Things to note:
Mikk-
yooooooooooo

Discord: Mikk0451#3922

Re: Mikk's ZScript resources [Smooth fire / Universal Headsh

Postby Matt » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:14 pm

Nice! I didn't even realize you could do that with eventhandlers! [apparently I had completely glossed over that fact when you posted it on the other thread -_-]

Revenant shoots own hitbox, so it has been blacklisted.
I take it that there's no precaution against when an imp is shooting at a target at a very steep pitch upwards? That's always been the reason why I've tended to avoid headshot actors.

This does not currently transfer ownership of kills to the player
If you use master.DamageMobj() instead of A_DamageMaster() (and use the hitbox's DamageMobj() instead of constantly polling hitpoints) you can specify the inflictor and source so that the monster is recorded as being damaged by whatever hit the headbox.

anyway, bumping because this deserves more attention than the other spaghetti headshot thread.
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Ryuhi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:31 pm

Loving this system, but a quick question:

Is there a way to set the headshot hitbox to take on the species of the monster that calls it? If so, you could theoretically use mthruspecies to allow its own projectiles to pass through it to avoid enemies from hitting themselves (especially when aiming upward) I don't think you can do it in decorate, but I was wondering if it was maybe possible with zscript?

edit: Giving the headshot hitbox +Spectral did the trick, but its a bit hacky since it means the player will need to apply +Spectral to any projectiles that can score a headshot (and no enemy projectiles will be able to use the flag in the process, lest they repeat the problem)
Ryuhi

Postby Leon_Portier » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:15 pm

It looks very nice and works well!
The code looks complex though, may I ask questions if any come up?
Leon_Portier

Discord: Leon Portier#2527

Postby Mikk- » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:50 pm

Yeah sure. If you have any questions feel free to post them here or message me privately
Mikk-
yooooooooooo

Discord: Mikk0451#3922

Return to Script Library