[Code] Wide Titlescreen Backgrounds

Post your example zscripts/ACS scripts/etc here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
The Zombie Killer

[Code] Wide Titlescreen Backgrounds

Post by The Zombie Killer »

By default, TITLEPICs are squashed when they are widescreen.
This resource fixes that by stretching them back out.
Take a look at cvarinfo.txt inside the PK3 to find out how to use this resource.

Updated: Now works with all resolutions, without cutoff (although 5:4 resolutions will have windowboxing)
Updated again: Added scaling modes (scale, crop)
Download
Last edited by The Zombie Killer on Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nash

Re: [Code] Wide Titlescreen Backgrounds

Post by Nash »

Cool trick, I assumed it was a TITLEMAP even before I took a look at the file, but to be honest, this is something the engine should take care of and has no business being hacked through ACS/TITLEMAPs. :/

Also it doesn't look right in 1920x1200 (16:10), the sides go beyond my screen and get cut off.

Not putting your work down though, that's some neat scripting there. :D Cool stuff.
The Zombie Killer

Yeah, it does get cut off in some resolutions. I'm planning to fix that eventually.
I agree that this should be an engine-side feature though, kinda surprised it hasn't been added yet.
The Zombie Killer

Fixed. Now works with all resolutions (although 5:4 resolutions have windowboxing)
camaxide

Post by camaxide »

Jummy - I'd like to be able to implement this to the load-image of all my maps as well.. Which is also cut when playing at a different resolution than the image is (even if aspect ratio is the same).
I really hope they will make image scaling and un-needed cropping/cutting better in zdoom - its quite poor today I think.

Return to “Script Library”