[Code] Zombie's Resources

Post your example zscripts/ACS scripts/etc here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Skrell

Re: [Code] Zombie's Resources

Post by Skrell »

cool thanks again Zombie! Have you given any more consideration to adding footsteps back to the enemies? :)
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

I'm considering it. Still trying to think of the best way to do it.
Big C

Post by Big C »

The Zombie Killer wrote:I'm considering it. Still trying to think of the best way to do it.
Would you make the enemy footsteps optional or a separate module? My preferred DooM mod uses a TON of custom actors, so while the player-footsteps mod works fine I'm not sure how well enemy footsteps would work.
The Zombie Killer

That's precisely the reason that I'm trying to think of a decent method.
Something like monster footsteps would most likely end up being a separate resource.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Sooooo i just tried the latest Brutalv20 with his footsteps mod and i HAVE to say yours is WAYYY better!! His doesn't take into account speed at all which is quite annoying. Please keep working on this great mod and please add enemy footsteps when you think of a good way to implement it ;)
The Zombie Killer

I'll definitely get around to it eventually, just been working on some other stuff as of late
BlueDragoon97

The quest for the flashlight.

Post by BlueDragoon97 »

Wasn't there another beam flashlight mod done by someone named SlyDoyle? If so, what (if any) differences does that project have in regards to this one?
The Zombie Killer

Re: The quest for the flashlight.

BlueDragoon97 wrote:Wasn't there another beam flashlight mod done by someone named SlyDoyle? If so, what (if any) differences does that project have in regards to this one?
As far as I know, that flashlight was based on an older version of this one, and was configured to have different default colours and range (at least that's what I remember from when I last had it)
Legend

Post by Legend »

any idea why the footstep mod won't work with the psx doom tc? It works fine on it's own, but won't seem to work with the psx doom tc mod. I loaded it after everything else.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Zombie, I would like to add this lovely patch for footsteps into my mod. I'll of course add you to the credits list :)

I might be making some custom footstep sounds, but i discovered where some of the compatibilty issues might have come from for other mods when my motorcycle started making furious sprinting noises (now I have an image of some sort of foot-powered Flintstones type machine in my head that cannot be UNSEEN)

Code: Select all

$playeralias  	Scavenger	male	*stepdefault	step/default
I added lines like this to the sndinfo definitions in my mod, so it can be customised for individual playerclasses. Anyway, amazing work! Thank you!
The Zombie Killer

Legend wrote:any idea why the footstep mod won't work with the psx doom tc? It works fine on it's own, but won't seem to work with the psx doom tc mod. I loaded it after everything else.
Script conflicts, probably. I haven't looked at PSX Doom TC's sources, so I don't know what the proper fix would be.
Vostyok wrote:Anyway, amazing work! Thank you!
No problem! Glad it helped you out!
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

The footsteps link is dead.
The Zombie Killer

Blame Dropbox for being garbage, they killed all of my public links years ago when some of them supposedly generated too much traffic.
I've reuploaded the pk3s to GitHub, head on over to the repository and check the "releases" section.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Here's a thing Zombie wrote as a proof-of-concept for somebody on Discord that he was too lazy to post publicly himself. He was cool with it being posted, though, so...

This ZScript event handler hides the "M_DOOM" graphic on the main menu if you're on the Titlemap, without any MENUDEF edits necessary.
Spoiler:
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Hi! First, thanks for great work! Footsteps really add atmosphere to the game.

Second, I made a little Back To Saturn X E1-E2 compatibility patch.
It contains no new sounds, only sets existing sounds for corresponding BTSX flats.
It must be loaded after footsteps.pk3. Will not work without footsteps.pk3 and using it makes no sense without BTSX itself.
I hope I didn't miss something, especially liquids.

Return to “Script Library”