[Code] Beam Flashlight

Post your example zscripts/ACS scripts/etc here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
WARCHILD_89
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Code] Beam Flashlight

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

forget about my problem that your flashlight is slowing down my computer in some map areas, the real problem is that my laptop is just too old to run your flashlight properly.
gjk2014

Post by gjk2014 »

Hi can anyone help me? I'm using footstepsv2.pk3 with Zandorum. Here is the link of the topic http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=35388 and here is where you download it https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uwwg1ulvkr9u ... kfQ7xlpnVa. I loaded Footstepsv2.pk3 BEFORE beamflashlight_zan.pk3 but when I walk it has the clicking sound of the flashlight instead of the footsteps. I tried loading footstepsv2.pk3 AFTER beamflashlight_zan.pk3 and the footstep sounds were there while I walked but there were a lot footstep sounds going off all at the same time and my game lagged while the flashlight was left on. I'm wondering if there is any way to make the sounds work? Maybe there is a way to alter the files?
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

gjk2014 wrote:Hi can anyone help me? I'm using footstepsv2.pk3 with Zandorum. Here is the link of the topic http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=35388 and here is where you download it https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uwwg1ulvkr9u ... kfQ7xlpnVa. I loaded Footstepsv2.pk3 BEFORE beamflashlight_zan.pk3 but when I walk it has the clicking sound of the flashlight instead of the footsteps. I tried loading footstepsv2.pk3 AFTER beamflashlight_zan.pk3 and the footstep sounds were there while I walked but there were a lot footstep sounds going off all at the same time and my game lagged while the flashlight was left on. I'm wondering if there is any way to make the sounds work? Maybe there is a way to alter the files?
Confirmed. That's a really weird bug, I'm looking into it right now.
EDIT: Aaah, I see the issue. There are script numbering conflicts. I'll attach a pk3 that has FootstepsV2 and BeamFlashlight_Zan combined in a minute.
EDIT 2: The file is in the Dropbox folder for the footsteps, the filename is "footstepsv2_withflashlight.pk3"

https://www.dropbox.com/home/DoomFootsteps/Archive
gjk2014

Post by gjk2014 »

The Zombie Killer wrote:
gjk2014 wrote:Hi can anyone help me? I'm using footstepsv2.pk3 with Zandorum. Here is the link of the topic http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=35388 and here is where you download it https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uwwg1ulvkr9u ... kfQ7xlpnVa. I loaded Footstepsv2.pk3 BEFORE beamflashlight_zan.pk3 but when I walk it has the clicking sound of the flashlight instead of the footsteps. I tried loading footstepsv2.pk3 AFTER beamflashlight_zan.pk3 and the footstep sounds were there while I walked but there were a lot footstep sounds going off all at the same time and my game lagged while the flashlight was left on. I'm wondering if there is any way to make the sounds work? Maybe there is a way to alter the files?
Confirmed. That's a really weird bug, I'm looking into it right now.
EDIT: Aaah, I see the issue. There are script numbering conflicts. I'll attach a pk3 that has FootstepsV2 and BeamFlashlight_Zan combined in a minute.
EDIT 2: The file is in the Dropbox folder for the footsteps, the filename is "footstepsv2_withflashlight.pk3"

https://www.dropbox.com/home/DoomFootsteps/Archive
Oh wow thank you so much for this! You are awesome. And I didn't even realize you were the one who made that topic lol. Merry Christmas!
winz

Post by winz »

The zandronum one is not working. Any help? I get this when I launch a map:

MAP01 - entryway

Execution could not continue.

Error: Script number 65535 exceeds 999!

I searched for script number "65535" inside the pk3 but nothing there.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Mainly because script 65535 isn't a numbered script, it's a Named script, Named scripts uses those high values for indentification, currently Zandronum 2.0 doesn't works anymore with scripts highter than 999, but Torr extended it to 32767 here, however Zandronum still doesn't support 65535 scripts yet.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by phantombeta »

Revilution wrote:Named scripts uses those high values for indentification
They don't.
Revilution wrote:however Zandronum still doesn't support 65535 scripts yet.
And it never will.

Named scripts do not use high numbers. They use negative numbers.
The reason that it says script number 65535 is invalid is because of the way signed integers work. -1 in a signed 16-bit integer's bits is 11111111 11111111 11111111 11111111, which is 65535 in an unsigned one, I believe.

[edit]Before anyone says anything, I meant that Zandronum will never have support for a script number that high. Of course, it'll someday support named scripts, which will require changing the integers used for the script numbers from unsigned to signed.[/edit]
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

I never mentioned "high numbers", i mentioned high values, this includes negative ones. :P
phantombeta

Post by phantombeta »

Uh. No.
Even though they are treated like that in binary they are still considered low values.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Alright then, but i wasn't referring to binary, but taking it this way i understand.
winz

Post by winz »

Then why did this guy release it as specifically "zandronum compatible" ?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Just tested, and the "beamflashlight_zan.pk3" version indeed bombs out in Zandro. May have been a bork'd half-upgrade or something, since everything seems to be set up correctly aside from the presence of a named script (which weren't a thing until either 2.6 or 2.7; either way post-current-Zandro-version).

Here's a fixed version:
beamflashlight_zan.pk3
Also renamed scripts to the 8xx range for less script conflicts, hopefully.
(24.3 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
phantombeta wrote:
And it never will.
Source?
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

Before 2.0, named scripts worked in Zandronum, because the script number limit wasn't enforced by the engine.
Zandronum 2.0 enforces the limit, which is why this no longer works. I'm going to fix it up later when this is rewritten in GDCC.
phantombeta

Post by phantombeta »

Xaser wrote:
phantombeta wrote:
And it never will.
Source?
[edit]Before anyone says anything, I meant that Zandronum will never have support for a script number that high. Of course, it'll someday support named scripts, which will require changing the integers used for the script numbers from unsigned to signed.[/edit]
ZDoom itself only supports up to 32767 (max script number, not amount. Amount already IS about 65535, if you count both named and numbered.) and I don't think anyone will need a number higher than that. We also have named scripts now, which makes conflicts pretty much impossible if you put prefixes in your script names. (For example, "LEETDEWM_LEETWALLJUMPING")
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

I thought it was pretty clear that Revilution's post was (in a roundabout way) saying "Zandronum doesn't do Named scripts yet," making your post read as "Zandronum will never support named scripts," which is what I was asking for a citation for (since frankly skipping that feature wouldn't make sense :P ).

Return to “Script Library”