[Code] Safe and Combination without GetPlayerInput!

Post your example zscripts/ACS scripts/etc here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Isaacjedi5

[Code] Safe and Combination without GetPlayerInput!

Post by Isaacjedi5 »

I recently read a Zdoom Wiki article about GetPlayerInput. I liked the idea of the safe thing, but the code seemed a bit too complicated for what
I thought could be much, much simpler.
Then, I remembered variables. :idea:
So, I took some number graphics from Strife and made a good safe script to use, maybe if you want Doom 3-style combinations. :)
Included is a demo map with the script in it. The script is easy to modify, to put your own codes,
maybe a 4-digit lock rather than a 3-digit lock. Very customizable. :wink:
Also included is a seperate "safedemocode.txt" file which is a copy of the SCRIPTS lump in the map wad
with added comments to explain (so that you do not have to open my map in a wad editor to see it),
although I still recommend playing the demo wad to see it in action (for proof it works).
The download is right below.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
EDIT:I noticed that the number textures looked messed up, since I used HUD graphics that should be transparent.
This doesn't happen in GZDoom. It's just black in some spots, that's all.
Also, no need to credit me for this.
Attachments
safedemo.zip
A demo map plus a copy of the scripts lump in a seperate .txt.
(4.93 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Tristan885
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Code] Safe and Combination without GetPlayerInput!

Post by Tristan885 »

Nice! I was looking for a better safe and combination way making since I had one before that could work well in single player but not when in an online game. I guess that one will be useful. :)
Isaacjedi5

Post by Isaacjedi5 »

Glad you like it! It's good to know that my first resource won't be totally looked over, even if it's just a couple of people. Helps me know that I am actually contributing a little bit. :)

EDIT: What project are you using it for? I would like to see my safe system in action.
Unless its not announced yet, then don't tell me. :shock:
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

This project (@ least I consider this as is) can be used in maps w/ a mystery theme (i.e. System Shock 1 and so on). The safe can also be used w/ symbols and stuff like that. Of course, I don't really mind reading computer screens to obtain the combination in a megawad too.

Return to “Script Library”