Level and screen projections (now with resize handling)

Post your example zscripts/ACS scripts/etc here.

Re: Level and screen projections (now with resize handling)

Postby Apeirogon » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:54 am

I seen that, what I mean is that IMO license terms must be available from the "front page" of the library.

And about comments, just comment what result of reorient/deproject/etc. functions, to make it clear what they do and which you must override to add some explosions and music to it.
Apeirogon
I have a strange sense of humour

Postby Cherno » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:12 pm

EDIT: I found the solution.I somply changed the camera's CameraFOV property and wit works flawlessly now, and I can even remove the cam texture.

Hello,

first of all, thanks for this library. Most of the math is beyond my understand but I can see that is must have been a ton of work.

I am using a camera texture to view the world from an almost isometric overhead projection (fov 18). Think the old game Desert Strike. However, is seems like the library will only use the "real" viewport fov. If I use the isometric cam as a real viewport via ChangeCamera so it replaces the player's view, stuff gets drawn correctly at an actor's screen position (like a target indicator). However, when drawing teh camera texture above it, it uses the narrow fov of 18 so I wonder how this could be solveD? I see no way to make the library use a specific fov in it's computations.
Cherno

Postby KeksDose » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:00 pm

Odd, cuz it sounds like you'd just wanna set CacheFov(18). I guess having no camera texture at all is better, though.

Cherno wrote:Most of the math is beyond my understand but I can see that is must have been a ton of work.

I appreciate the notion. Maths is my job though, so it was a cinch.
KeksDose
kek

Discord: MemeDose#2089

Postby kodi » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:46 pm

I was wondering if I could suggest a feature that may be out of scope for the library: A function that efficiently rotates pitch and angle arguments supplied to it. I'm using libeye for cursor aiming and would like to make some weapons with randomized spread 8-)
kodi
Proscrastinator

Postby KeksDose » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:45 pm

Can be arranged. Dunno if outta scope (audience groans pun) but I only gave it the name libeye to have a food pun on ribeye steaks.

nice smartgun btw haha
KeksDose
kek

Discord: MemeDose#2089

Postby kodi » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:05 pm

Can be arranged

Much appreciated!!!
but I only gave it the name libeye to have a food pun on ribeye steaks.

I had not realized this, and I almost think I was better off for it :mrgreen:
nice smartgun btw haha

Hah, thanks. It's quite satisfying to use against zombiemen.
kodi
Proscrastinator

Previous

Return to Script Library