GZDoom v3.1.0a bug

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
mutator

GZDoom v3.1.0a bug

Post by mutator »

When I change music for different level, sometimes I get a bug that music for changed level's music don't play...It sometimes play after like 5 minutes or so, I'm not sure what sort of bug this is but I would greatly appreciate if someone can take care of this issue
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: GZDoom v3.1.0a bug

Post by Graf Zahl »

THe 'issue' first needs to be reproduced. We need more information here (e.g. which music did you play, if MIDI which synth, and a bit about your general music settings.)
mutator

Post by mutator »

It's mostly map24 music of alien vendetta wad that I switch to when playing that wad
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Remmirath »

I've experienced this "bug" when working on a mod that uses different custom midis. The issue here is not related to GZDoom, but rather to the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth. Apparently, it's so broken that its interaction with OpenAL messes up the playback of some midis.

Long short story, use a different MIDI device (like Fluidsynth or Timidity).
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

That synth never interacts with OpenAL, it uses a different sound input for the system mixer and with FMod it was showing the same issues. But FMod came with its own MIDI synth which was set as the default.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”