Fill Spectre v3.1

Re: Fill Spectre v3.1

Postby Apeirogon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:40 am

Hey, pixel, I found, not like someone try to hide it, function like a_setrenderstyle. What interesting about it function that it can paint monsters sprite to some color, say pink, without losing sprite "relief" like in this picture.
https://imgur.com/a/IQqqQJx
So, maybe it can be used to make every/some monster on map cloaking without sprite crutches?
Apeirogon
I have a strange sense of humour

Postby doomfiend » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:09 pm

omg that would be awesome if that could be done. O_o
doomfiend

Postby Pixel Eater » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:24 pm

CUBEKid04 wrote:Just a request, could you create a shader for heatwave distortions, say like when an explosion occurs or the after effect seen with fire and stuff, it would be nice to see heatwave distortion effects for like when an explosion occurs.

I've posted a suggestion that would allow for that sort of effect but it requires some heavy modifications to the engine.

Just for fun though here's a different heatwave effect (pour in some lava with a dash of godmode):
Heatwave.pk3

@Apeirogon: I think I might already be using a_setrenderstyle so it can be toggled? I've been working on updates for a bunch of other projects so I'm probably misremembering...

@Doomfiend: I concur :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pixel Eater
I sense evil I fear it here today, Like a bad dream that never goes away -MBerry

Location: In between the Moon and you, between the buried and me.

Postby Apeirogon » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:06 am

Its easy, just create event with this lines
Code: Select allExpand view
override void WorldThingSpawned(WorldEvent e)
{
   if(e.thing.bIsmonster == true)
   {
      e.thing.a_setrenderstyle(1, STYLE_AddShaded); e.thing.SetShade("color in hex notations");
   }
}

to paint monster in some colors.

It also possible change color which shader must "cloak", to match monster color if some custom texture color on map interfere with default shader color.
I try to pick color for you shader by hand, but looks like it hardcoded in it and Im not familiar with shaders enough to change it.
Apeirogon
I have a strange sense of humour

Previous

Return to Shaders