Experimental release based on GZDoom 4.6.0 and GLES branch

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Experimental release based on GZDoom 4.6.0 and GLES bran

Postby ReX » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:26 pm

Redneckerz wrote:Download the latest drivers. However, the HD3000 is a generation older than what i use (HD4600). Runs 60 fps however.

The latest drivers get installed every time I do a Win 10 update. In the past year I have had to revert to older drivers, which allowed a "custom" version of GZDooM (created by drfrag) to run. With subsequent Win 10 updates I am unable to run either the custom version or the GLES version, regardless of which drivers I use.
ReX
Title? I don't need no steenkin' title!

Postby Redneckerz » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:36 am

ReX wrote:
Redneckerz wrote:Download the latest drivers. However, the HD3000 is a generation older than what i use (HD4600). Runs 60 fps however.

The latest drivers get installed every time I do a Win 10 update. In the past year I have had to revert to older drivers, which allowed a "custom" version of GZDooM (created by drfrag) to run. With subsequent Win 10 updates I am unable to run either the custom version or the GLES version, regardless of which drivers I use.

Maybe the new 4.7.0 is of use?
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team

Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Phredreeke » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:06 pm

We've had users on the BuildGDX Discord with similar issues.

Intel never put out a driver for Sandy Bridge GPUs on Windows 10, so instead it defaults to a generic driver Microsoft supplies which lacks OpenGL support.
Phredreeke

Discord: phredreeke#6500

Postby drfrag » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:55 pm

The only thing the custom build did was that you didn't need to run it in win8 compatibility mode as i said.
I find strange that win10 is no longer compatible with win8 drivers. But yes you should never have "upgraded" to 10, performance on old hardware is much worse. And i should never have installed it here btw, i should have installed 8.1 instead even when my machine is from 2018. And those shitty big updates degraded it even more, as if it weren't bad enough already. There's a lot of system junk taking away a good amount of ram and causing 100% disk usage.
drfrag
Os voy a romper a pedazos!
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Discord: drfrag#3555
Github ID: drfrag666

Postby ReX » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:05 am

Redneckerz wrote:
ReX wrote:Maybe the new 4.7.0 is of use?

Yes, I saw the news about v4.7.0. I just didn't have time to read through and figure out if it incorporates GLES support or if I'd need to use a forked version of v4.7.0

[EDIT: I just read Graf's announcement about v4.7.0, and it clearly states in the first sentence that GLES support is incorporated. Bad me.

Phredreeke wrote:Intel never put out a driver for Sandy Bridge GPUs on Windows 10, so instead it defaults to a generic driver Microsoft supplies which lacks OpenGL support.

Yes, this is what has clearly been the source of all my issues with Win10 since last year. Graf had suggested I also install Linux, for which the intel drivers provide adequate support. However, not being sufficiently tech savvy in dual installs, I am reluctant to proceed until I have educated myself.

drfrag wrote:I find strange that win10 is no longer compatible with win8 drivers.... There's a lot of system junk taking away a good amount of ram and causing 100% disk usage.

The OS itself works fine for every other application that I need (e.g., MS Office productivity suite, browsers, SLADE, etc.) But I have noticed that the computer (laptop) gets quite hot with even just an hour of moderately heavy use. This must be because of increased RAM & disk usage.
ReX
Title? I don't need no steenkin' title!

Postby ImTooYoungToDie91 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:51 am

Will there be a Linux release anytime soon?
ImTooYoungToDie91

Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Postby wildweasel » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:46 am

OpenGL ES support is in mainline GZDoom as of 4.7.1. Use that.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Rachael » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:04 am

Indeed - this has been superseded by an official GZDoom release now.
Rachael
^ walking stack of unfinished projects ^
Admin

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle

Previous

Return to Game Engines