ZDBSP finally released

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Okay, it's fixed now. I was writing the entires in the SSECTORS lump as 4 bytes each instead of 2 bytes each. Version 1.1 was compiled with Visual C++ 7.1 again because it turned out to be noticably faster than the Visual C++ 6 version, but now it's statically linked so you don't need any external DLLs to use it.
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

Good, i'll remove the vc71dll.zip from SF, and update with new ZDBSP.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

randy wrote:Okay, it's fixed now. I was writing the entires in the SSECTORS lump as 4 bytes each instead of 2 bytes each. Version 1.1 was compiled with Visual C++ 7.1 again because it turned out to be noticably faster than the Visual C++ 6 version, but now it's statically linked so you don't need any external DLLs to use it.
The new version works great, and fixes the polyobj bleeding in wolfen_p. As always, thanks for your hard work!
Hirogen2

Post by Hirogen2 »

Are those nodes compatible with vanilla Doom2?
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Since he went to the trouble of allowing a vanilla-compatible reject map (the -R option), the nodes should work with any version of Doom. The WadAuthor section in the help file even specifically says that using the -R option will "Create a map that can be played with Doom or any source port".
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

typo in the 1.3 exe link (left out the . before zip), http://zdoom.org/files/utils/zdbsp-1.3.zip
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

So... this is a more recent version of the node building object run automatically by the current no-framerate-limit version of Zdoom?
Hirogen2

Post by Hirogen2 »

It was in there since ZDoom 2.0.38 or so.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

ZDoom has had an internal node builder since one of the 1.23 versions, and it hasn't been updated since 2002. So, no, this is not a more recent version of the node builder than what you can find inside ZDoom 2.0.47. The only difference is that ZDBSP saves its results in a wad and ZDoom does not.
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

I only assumed an update because of the version notes in the first post. Ehhh. I have a level that terrifies the internal node-builder (surely due to a mistake of mine), but it's only a minor annoyance to use zennode, since that's what I did before zdoom anyway. Thinking now, even a "yes" response wouldn't have changed that so... nothing. But at least I've acknowledged it.
Hirogen2

Post by Hirogen2 »

Uh then the internal ZDoom node builder is just as bugged as 1.2 and 1.3 were?
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Hirogen2 wrote:Uh then the internal ZDoom node builder is just as bugged as 1.2 and 1.3 were?
Those updates for ZDBSP had nothing to do with building nodes, only for saving them to disk.
Evil Mittens wrote:I have a level that terrifies the internal node-builder
I would like to see this level.
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

I doubt it. I switch between editors a lot, and always end up with lots of lines occupying identical space or set 2-sided on a solid wall because I don't know what I'm doing. Stuff exceptions shouldn't be made for. But... you'll see. Maybe. I will fetch it later.

No I won't. I've changed my mind. It works now. I will try not to fix it so quickly if such a thing happens again.
Anonymous

ZDoom in Hi-Resolution?

Post by Anonymous »

I have been a keen doom2 player for many years now, and I tried ZDoom for the first time today. While it runs very nicely in WinXP, it would be even better if I could run it in 800x600 resolution. This was possible in Frontend/Windoom, until I re-installed XP a week ago, but now I can't get the mouse to work in it. So I have two choices: ZDoom with low-res plus mouse, or Frontend on hi-res and no mouse.
Any help you can give me would be very gratefully received.
Thanks
Derek
Enjay

Re: ZDoom in Hi-Resolution?

Post by Enjay »

hyperscan wrote:Any help you can give me would be very gratefully received.
This would have been better in the bugs thread, or as it seems to be more to do with your system, the general thread, rather than tagged on to an oldish news item discussion.

Anyway, Zdoom should work at any resolution your video card supports. It should list all supported resolutions in the video mode menu. I certainly have no problem running at 800x600 and can play at 21 different resolutions from 320x200 to 1600x1200.

You didn't say which version you are running, but make sure it is the latest one. You'll find it here:

http://zdoom.org/files/lars/47i.cab

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”