ZDoom is Dead. Long live ZDoom.

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

printz

Re: ZDoom is Dead. Long live ZDoom.

Post by printz »

What happens to projects such as The Shores of ZDoom, now that "ZDoom" is legacy?
Gez

Post by Gez »

I don't think this will change anything for them: they'll just keep on never getting released.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

That project is deader than ZDoom itself, so no worries there.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Gez wrote:I don't think this will change anything for them: they'll just keep on never getting released.
I'm glad it can be said now without folks grabbing up pitch forks, unlike the last time I mentioned I thought it was dead.
6XGate

Post by 6XGate »

Since Graf and company are going to maintain the ZDoom sites; why not take over the project. Hate to see ZDoom itself die out, would be nice to see the three ports merge to one (as just ZDoom with an option for the old-school (8bit) renderer, the new-school (24bit) renderer, and the hardware renderer). Hell, I would be happy to see GZ and QZ just become the new official ZDoom as a single port.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

As has been said before and repeated again, ZDoom is not our project to do that with. Randi clearly stated her intentions in the title of this topic and any conversation with her about it is ignored.
underskyzx

Post by underskyzx »

Just made an account to say thanks a lot for all your hard work, know that a guy from Brazil appreciates your efforts!
Orb Swallowing Fox

Post by Orb Swallowing Fox »

I only just now came to learn this, I must say I too greatly appreciate the fruits of your labor for so long Randi! Some of my most memorable and inspirational mods to play were made possible by your work!

I must also mention that I thank you just as much for your work on GZDoom too Graf Zahl as it's been my go to choice ever since I learned of it long ago, I know that my truly favorite experiences playing rich and aesthetically pleasing mods too would not have been possible without your hard work over the years as well, I hope you continue to find enjoyment in doing so!

I do understand what it's like to work for many years on a gaming related project, and wrestle with the will to continue at times, it's really an emotionally hard thing to do in many ways and sometimes one has to make difficult decisions. Best of luck and success to you all! The Legacy of all this work will continue for a VERY long time to come!

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”