Ugh.

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

randi
Site Admin

Ugh.

Post by randi »

Well, look what happens when I leave for the weekend. Lots of fake news posts here, I see.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Thank god you're back!

Now fix this forum's permissions. I'll help you if you need it. Im experianced with phpbb.
boris

Post by boris »

Finally!
arioch

Post by arioch »

woo!
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

Welcome back Randy. Make sure to glance over this thread when you have time.
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

Somehow, I find the costume people less believable than fake news.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

I'm glad to see that ZDoom.org is back to normal. Well, mostly normal.
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Ugh.

Post by Hirogen2 »

randy wrote:Well, look what happens when I leave for the weekend. Lots of fake news posts here, I see.
If that bug had been discovered during the week, it would have probably been the same problem. Anyway it's gone now (is it?).
And, why not, prune the whole fake news forum if it doesnot break phpBB.
Cool, what is that in detail?
Zell

Post by Zell »

hi randy! welcome back!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Welcome back! And I'm sorry if you find my actions criminal in any way at all (I posted a news article, and it was somewhat legitimate).
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Hirogen2 wrote:And, why not, prune the whole fake news forum if it does not break phpBB.
Because I think it's interesting enough to keep it around in archival format. And it will remind me to double check my forum permissions if I ever move the forum database again. (Yes, when I created it on the Hong Kong server, I made sure regular users could not start new topics, but I must have messed up when I moved it to the California server.)
Hirogen2 wrote:Cool, what is that in detail?
AnimeIowa: An anime convention held in Cedar Rapids, Iowa (a 14 hour drive from where I live). It was the first con I've ever been too, and it was fun being surrounded by other anime fans. I've never seen so many in one place before (1850), and this is supposed to be a small con. I only wish it were longer; it felt like I had barely gotten there, and then it was already time to leave.

There is a definition of anime conventions in general at animeinfo.org. AnimeIowa also its own homepage if you want to know more about this specific con.

One series shown there that I thought was very interesting was RahXephon. Unfortunately, they only showed about seven of the episodes (of which, I saw four), and the US release of this series isn't even finished, so I will have to pick up this series to see how it plays out. Comparisons to Gasaraki and Evangelion seem appropriate (and I mean that in a good way): They all have complex stories with giant mecha.

Fruits Basket also looks good. It's cute.

But enough of this promotion. :wink:
Lexus Alyus

Anime and manga

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Hi... again.

With all this Joke and everything over (I hope. I just saw it a few days ago, I was getting scared that Randy might just decided to abandon Zdoom, but it all seems to be back on track... I'm happy :-)). Well, I hope Zdoom is still going strong...

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I attend the Nottinghamshire Anime and Manga club every Tuesday. This Iowa thing kinda reminded me a 'little' bit of this. This thing over here is a two hour session where we basically watch animes, but my Girlfriend is the bigger fan (She draws in that style and reads a lot of Manga), I just enjoy Animes. It's aparantly a bigger thing on the net: http://www.nottingham.anime.org.uk/index.html

Happy dooming, and Animeing (don't even think that's a valid word... nevermind :-D)

:twisted:

PS: Just so the unfamiliar people know, the Anime is the film, the Manga is the comic... :-D
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

have you guys been to animenorth? tahts like THE most popular amime con - i think it goes from may to july or something liem that
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

I'm guessing this is "con" as an abbreviated convention and not "con" as a horrible rip-off. But I can imagine finding it as both. Do large groups of people who don't know each other ever join up to collectively hate something? Like... I don't know, let's say... coconuts. That sounds like a good time.

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”