The Monster Resource Wad

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Sadly, some engines aren't quite as customizable as Doom 3's. :roll:
GeeDougg
Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Post by GeeDougg »

Graf Zahl wrote:
geedougg wrote:
NiGHTMARE wrote:ZDoom provides one of the most versatile game engines in existence. It may not have all kinds of fancy 3D graphical effects, but when it comes to modmaking the possibilities are almost limitless.

I really don't think something that allows you to make anything from a standard FPS to a machinima to a platformer to a puzzle game to an RPG to some kind of bizarre mixture is in any danger :).
Again. That's far too optimistic.
No, it's not!
Oh, OK! :roll: That's just childish. I could continue this with "IS TOO!" but I'm not going to....
Graf Zahl wrote:
GeeDougg wrote:Graf: How about, NO! Seriously dude? Anyone who doesn't agree with you has to go? What the fuck's with this Nazi attitude you (and a certain person other than you) display from time to time?
How about saying something positive about our favorite game? Why are you here if you don't have any faith in it?
Don't even think about trying to say I'm negative about ZDooM. That's one of the first "negative" things I've ever said about ZDooM, if "negative" is what you'd use to describe it anyway!

By your logic (or lack-there-of), I shouldn't be in any game forums or even PLAY any of the games because I don't really have faith in ANY games surviving as long as you seem to think ZDooM or (Doom in general) will....
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

Heheh.... GeeDougg is a fagt... heheh. Heh.

No offence.
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

Damn straight he is! The bastard stole my postcount spot... :D
GeeDougg

Post by GeeDougg »

giest118 wrote:Heheh.... GeeDougg is a fagt... heheh. Heh.
No offence.
:shock:
cccp_leha wrote:Damn straight he is! The bastard stole my postcount spot.... :D
:shock:
Risen

Post by Risen »

geedougg wrote:I just think it's not going to survive into the next century.
I probably won't either, so I really don't care what happens after that.

Newer engines are way more customizable, but that doesn't change the fact that building things with ZDoom is just fun.

That's why I'm here.
GeeDougg

Post by GeeDougg »

Risen wrote:
geedougg wrote:I just think it's not going to survive into the next century.
I probably won't either, so I really don't care what happens after that.
Of course. But that's not really what I was talking about. It's a given that most likely none of us will be here next century.
Mr. Tee

Post by Mr. Tee »

giest118 wrote:Heheh.... GeeDougg is a fagt... heheh. Heh.
No offence.
cccp_leha wrote:Damn straight he is! The bastard stole my postcount spot.... :D
What the hell guys? I get along with geedougg fine. Jesus Age Christ if you must jump on a bandwagon, do it for something positive instead of flaming someone who, if you get to know him, is a nice person! :(

I know someone will say "Oh, but geedougg replies to every single thread in this forum" well Lexus has been writing a lot of wierd things recently, and nobody's mad at him, right? Why? Because he's our friend, and geedougg is my friend, so please try to be nice.
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

I said 'GeeDougg is a fagt', and also put 'heh' around it three or four times and said 'no offence'.

Leha put a :D.

We have no problems. We were joking.
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

Okay... just because I don't want this to be known as my final project...

I'm going to attempt to finish ZooM.
Mr. Tee

Post by Mr. Tee »

@Geist: OK, I just didn't perceive it like that, that's all. No biggie!

@Nanaminami: Yay! Zooooooooooooooooooooooomy!
GeeDougg

Post by GeeDougg »

Mr. Tee: Heh thanks for backing me up. Yeah Giest and Leha anda few others are nice enough people. They're usually not waiting to jump on that bandwagon every chance they get. What's funny though is that even when I had like 1 very on-topic reply to just one thread in one sub-forum (back when I had mid.terms) a few people whom I won't name were still saying the same shit about me for no reason. And they themselves were posting one-line (and sometimes one-word) messages with no more than a custom smilie or a useless addition to a meaningful thread. THat kind'a bothers me but I have to deal with people giving me attitude in real life as well so I'm used to it.

Nanami: OMG! Yay! I knew you weren't gonna leave ZooM to gather dust on your HD in a malformed state.... Thanks for reviving it (was it truly dead?).... All the naysayers said ZooM would never see the light of day, but hopefully we'll get to race around Map 01 in multiplayer ZooM sometime.... :D BTW I think the lobby in that ZooM demo was one of the most fun creations ever. Just the bathroom alone was sheer amazingness. And I can't tell you how many times I broke the Window that looks outside to the parking lot! :P Please do add more feaures like that! The detailz0r is amazing.
clarence144

Ideas

Post by clarence144 »

I got some ideas for monsters, I can't program, but I would love to see monsters that instead of using attacks, mabye paralyse people, blind people, turn people into stone, or mabye pull people towards them like a tractor beam. How about a monster that can't do a freaking thing? That would be annoying.

Also baron species and cacodemon species should never fight each other. That's what I didn't like about the monster wad. But some of the monsters were really good, I liked the bats and the warlord imp. Monsters with sheilds was a really good idea. I also love the smog clouds and that skull with lightening. The cacodemons that breath acid breath are cool too. All and I like these new monsters, good job and thanks.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Ideas

Post by Graf Zahl »

clarence144 wrote:I got some ideas for monsters, I can't program, but I would love to see monsters that instead of using attacks,

mabye paralyse people,
can't be done without ugly hacks
blind people,
not possible
turn people into stone,
Not that easy unless you are satisfied with the frozen shattering corpses.
or mabye pull people towards them like a tractor beam.
THere's one projectile in the game that works like a grappling hook so something like this might be possible.

How about a monster that can't do a freaking thing? That would be annoying.
Huh?
clarence144

Ok.

Post by clarence144 »

Mabye so, but it can still blind people. Just make it hit you and the screen turns right white, and slowly fads back to normal. Also monsters that can't do anything would be cool. They would be very low health so you could punch them.

Imagine this imp tries to hit me, but hits this stupid useless monster, and it goes after the imp... but NOTHING happens. Amazing and fantastic in my opinion.

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”