Updated ACC for WadAuthor users

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

MasterOFDeath
... in rememberance ...

Re: Updated ACC for WadAuthor users

Post by MasterOFDeath »

DUMB IDEA OF THE DAY: A Contra plugin for Doom Builder where you play the game by making maps

(Well I'm still curious who uses WadAuthor exactly. ;P)
Last edited by MasterOFDeath on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

Funny you should ask that, because clearly something motivated this dedicated release of ACC.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

As unbelievable as it may sound, yes there are still some people who use this outdated piece of junk.
MasterOFDeath
... in rememberance ...

Post by MasterOFDeath »

Siggi wrote:Funny you should ask that, because clearly something motivated this dedicated release of ACC.
zipe, I didn't even think about that. Now I feel like a dumb. Oh well, I guess if you really love the interface. I couldn't stand it personally.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

I like it. It's simple and usable for basic stuff. More recently I've been using Doombuilder though because it just does things faster.
ReX

Post by ReX »

randy wrote:Now that I'm starting to get my system back in order, here's a build of ACC 1.47 that works with WadAuthor (and ZETH, but does anybody still use that?).
Many thanks. This will obviate the need for me to use the work-around that I'd been using.
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

As it stands, I am using DB under VMware and forget about 3D mode; starting Zdoom is fast enough both in Linux and Windows so that moving into DB3D is just a convenience thing. If you see misaligned textures or so, memorize it. Keeps your brain fresh.
Kilkakon

Post by Kilkakon »

Hehe for the record I'm a Wadauthor user; I tried Doom Builder twice and hated its interface (reminded me of Build :( ). I find that it's really easily to introduce people to it as well. Mind you I'm the type of person that's using IE6 until they put the menu bar back up the top of the application. :P

I will move to using IE6 and Firefox at the saem time when enough websites break. I'm not having a rant here just disqualifying my own comment

Off topic: Why have an option in the combo box for font size that it doesn't let you post? (tiny)
Gez

Post by Gez »

Kilkakon wrote:Off topic: Why have an option in the combo box for font size that it doesn't let you post? (tiny)
Because people abused the font size parameter to enter text with with sizes like 10% or 0%, and so other people whined about that until a check was added to make 60% the minimum size, but the combo box's code was not updated.
Kilkakon

Post by Kilkakon »

Fair enough. Trust people to abuse the system. ():)

EDIT: One annoying grumble about WadAuthor though is that you can't use ZDBSP or ACC with it if you have a space in its filepath. :(
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

That's what happens if you use stone aged software... :mrgreen:
Kilkakon

Post by Kilkakon »

Somebody needs to make a WadAuthor 2 or something. :P
bagheadspidey

Post by bagheadspidey »

Off topic: Why have an option in the combo box for font size that it doesn't let you post? (tiny)
Because people abused the font size parameter to enter text with with sizes like 10% or 0%, and so other people whined about that until a check was added to make 60% the minimum size, but the combo box's code was not updated.
I'm pretty sure I set the default at 50% and that was used for a while, but at some point (I think after a host move) it was set to 60%. I guess I should have made the patch change the entries in that dropdown when some went out of range, but max font size didn't do that, so I skipped it for min font size too.

The whole thing was pretty silly anyway as any decent browser will allow the user to specify a minimum font size.
Gez

Post by Gez »

True, but remember that this thread is about people still clinging on "indecent" outdated software. :mrgreen:
Borg

Post by Borg »

ZETH should be quite easy now to do under Linux. Newst GRX lub support both Win32 (Windowed) and Linux (fullscreen or X11).
I've currently maintaining my own private (for now) ZETH port for Win32. It works great.

If someone is interested, I can share sources, so work for porting in to Linux can be done.
I fixed many old DOS glinches that made Zeth crash under modern OS like Win32.
Basicaly it was inproper pointes usage and uninitialized arrays or modifing pointers with
data in code segment.

You can find Zeth thread under editing: Zeth Win32 port alive.

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”