ZDoom 2.1.6

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

HotWax

Post by HotWax »

You seem to have forgotten the script lump
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

Nash

Post by Nash »

HotWax wrote:You seem to have forgotten the script lump
I believe that was intentional. :(
solarsnowfall

Post by solarsnowfall »

Nash wrote:I believe that was intentional. :(
Yea, sorry. I posted it because a friend prompted me to. I also left the SCRIPT lump out for the same reason; it's going to be used in a project (*COUGH*zdforums.wad*COUGH*) and we wanted to maintain some mystery about it.

It's not like it would have been that helpful though. Even if you managed to decompile it, it's only the output, or second stage of the whole mechanism.
Psycho Siggi wrote:Oops, I got him stuck.
You can't do that while he's in motion, so the appropriate fix would be to remove him once he's completed his path.
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

I was trying to see if I could shoot him off the obstacle course. That happened just as he finished the run. He isn't coming down from up there either. :P
Nash

Post by Nash »

But from the looks of it, I at least guessed right in the previous page (uses pre-recorded movement data ).
Zorro

Post by Zorro »

I have no Idea if this is new (in this version), or related to my system, but under linux (gentoo linux) the mouse movement seems to be bound between 2 points (like the invisible mouse isnt being put back in the middle of the window and getting stuck on the side of the screen). Also, switching out of fullscreen crashes X so badly the comp needs to be rebooted via the button (no responce to mouse other then movement, no keyboard responce at all. Sauerbraten [another game engine using SDL] does this as well.).

Usually running zdoom on windows would cut it for me, but I plan on starting my own port, and I dont feel like developing on windows.

I am running AIGLX + beryl + nvidia beta drivers, can this be related?
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

Well, considering you had to hard-unmask all the XGL stuff since it's still "unstable". That may have something to do with it.

ZDoom in Linux is very, very funky. Nobody really wants to clean it up and even if someone did Graf would probably revert it all.
Zorro

Post by Zorro »

I might consider doing it, though I havent modded zdoom's source before (I have rummaged through it though - I do that to alot of opensource projects) and that would be a terrible place to start :/. I'll start tomorrow after some sleep and see how it goes. No garentees I'll accomplish anything though.

Basically I wouldnt stand for something of mine not working as well on linux as it does on windows (well, zdoom isnt mine, but still :P). I am just like that. The more things I can do without having to reboot to windows, the better.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

Wow, if you really help out with the Linux port effort, many Linux ZDoomers will sing praise and bring you apples.

Go for it! Maybe others will join in if there is a real effort.
Zorro

Post by Zorro »

mabey I wasnt specific enough when I said port. I was using it the in the way zdoom is considered a port of doom, but still, since I'm developing on linux, I'll try to help in whatever way I can. (secretely, I'm planning on making another [the fifth] client server port, which is compatible with modern zdoom, but I dont want to really publicize or anything because that is god knows how far off)
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

okay.. why won't hudmessages display graphics anymore?
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

oic what u did thar

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”