GZDoom 2.4.0 and QZDoom 1.3.0 released

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Wiki] [Bugs & Suggestions]

Re: GZDoom 2.4.0 and QZDoom 1.3.0 released

Postby Solus » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:41 pm

Hello!
I was looking for the right place to post my comment and maybe here is the best place.
I just want to thank everybody involved in the development of GZDoom. I've been using it and following it's development for years now and it's so good to see how much the port has grown.
I've been a Doomguy since I was 8 and it's so sweet to be able to play DooM 24 years later. I'm amazed to see such old tech being worked and developed in 2017, with so much dedication and commitment.
I'm no programmer or technician so I can't really "see" the amazing development of GZDoom but I see it on mods and levels that I play. Incredible what is possible to do with mods on GZDoom! I don't even think that John Carmack dreamt of the work that has been done with his id Tech 1.
Anyway, that's all I have to say. I hope you guys keep your work for many more years to come. Hopefully you won't get tired of it or loose time in your life to work on it.
So, big thanks from just another DooM fan!
Solus

Postby Rachael » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:15 am

For anyone curious, here's the download numbers one month after release.
gzdoom-240-downloads.png

This might help prospective mod makers in what kind of platform and/or renderer interest there is in these builds.
Rachael

Postby Graf Zahl » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:50 am

I'd write off the QZDoom downloads as potential duplicates, but that's 32000 downloads for GZDoom in one month. Finally beating the record Doom Legacy posted in July 2002... :)
It's really too bad that there are no usable statistics for Doomsday and Eternity, that's numbers I'd really like to see...
Graf Zahl

Previous

Return to ZDoom (and related) News