GZDoom 3.2.0 Released

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Blue Shadow

Re: GZDoom 3.2.0 Released

Post by Blue Shadow »

Korell wrote:Just a little bit confused here, but if GZDoom 3.2.0 was released on 4th October, then why was gzdoom-g3.2pre-598-g4f35940 released on 7th October? Surely it should have been a 3.3 pre-build, the first of which actually released today (gzdoom-g3.3pre-1-g69abf09). What does gzdoom-g3.2pre-598-g4f35940 have that's not in the 3.2.0 release, or was that dev build just released a few days late?
The version change/bump happened on the 7th, which was after that build was uploaded. You can consider that build as part of the 3.3pre family.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I will let Graf speak for himself on the issue, but the issue of the tagging and version bumps is reflective of another issue entirely, and not necessarily a bad one, at that, but one that does affect us. To sum it up, I'll put it in two words: "Real Life." Again - I am not trying to speak for Graf on that, though.

At any rate, the underlying maintenance of the overall organization scheme itself falls to the remainder of us developers, and I realize I was a day late on that version bump, but I was not sure if that was my decision to make to do that, but in order to maintain the status quo I had to take action before too many more commits were made while still on the 3.2pre schedule. Graf hasn't been very clear on what he wants to do with the management of the port, just yet, and to be quite honest I don't think he's fully decided yet, either.

Again, before you all get your panties all up in a bunch and start screaming the end of the world and the apocalypse is upon us and to start running for the hills, I will reiterate two simple words on this subject - "Real Life." So you can rest easy now. ;)
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

Still stuck on GZdoom v 2.2.0 with the Wrath of Cronos mod. I tried updating and it made all my mods useless (with tons of script errors), so i had to revert back.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Sorry to be blunt, but it sounds like you did something wrong. There's no reason a game engine that's been designed for backwards compatibility should be causing that much issue with that many mods.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Rachael wrote:I will let Graf speak for himself on the issue, but the issue of the tagging and version bumps is reflective of another issue entirely, and not necessarily a bad one, at that, but one that does affect us. To sum it up, I'll put it in two words: "Real Life." Again - I am not trying to speak for Graf on that, though.

The issue is simply that with a new job I have a lot less time to dedicate to Doom. Even for getting 3.2 out I had to invest a full weekend I'd have preferred to spend differently. So what can I do? Right now I simply have no time to allocate to GZDoom programming and that won't change for several more months to come.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

irontusk341 wrote:Still stuck on GZdoom v 2.2.0 with the Wrath of Cronos mod. I tried updating and it made all my mods useless (with tons of script errors), so i had to revert back.
Rachael wrote:Sorry to be blunt, but it sounds like you did something wrong. There's no reason a game engine that's been designed for backwards compatibility should be causing that much issue with that many mods.
Unless the mod never updates, WoC(1.8a and the unofficial v2 from moddb) seems gives Fatal error then abort on startup(Execution could not continue.: 629 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts) with GZDooM 3.2.0 release, but since the mod never get proper updates so not surprises.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Rachael: At one point, Graf fixed an issue where things like missing parameters weren't detected. I.e.

Code: Select all

TNT1 A 0 A_Jump
This was never an error until within the past year or two. Chances are, it's probably the modder's doing, intentional or not.

It certainly broke AEons of Death and Doom 4 For Doom.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

so all you have to do is deleting the zd_extra.pk3 and you can comercially sell your game?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Correct. As long as your game otherwise abides by copyright and you have the correct licenses for any assets you are using.

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”