[UDMF] SNDSEQ: Different sounds for Move (NOT Door)

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
MartinHowe

[UDMF] SNDSEQ: Different sounds for Move (NOT Door)

Post by MartinHowe »

Setting up a poly object sliding door as a door with Polyobj_DoorSlide and with the sounds and sequence as per the Wiki article, works fine.

However I want the player to be able to open and close the door at will, without waiting for the poly object to return. Polyobj_Move, in a script that remembers whether the door is open or not, works fine; however, it seems one can only have one sound sequence for a move operation, as opposed to a door operation. This is because the start line only allows one sound to be set. You'd think that special would contain only static, immutable properties of the poly object and indeed, that special cannot be modified one the map is loaded. So the sound should be in the move or door function call; but it seems that isn't the case.

I can hack around it by putting a map spot, in the gap where the poly object goes, and playing the sound via the script; but that is rather hacky.

So my question is: is there an official way to do this?

Return to “Mapping”