Please help me install Brutal Doom AND Russian Overkill

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
BDROFan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win11

Please help me install Brutal Doom AND Russian Overkill

Post by BDROFan »

Hello to everyone. I'll go straight to the points with my first post:

1) may anyone please help me out with installing Brutal Doom AND Russian Overkill? I just simply can't do that anymore after changing PC (and with the previous one I've played them together some years' ago, not remembering the procedure).
I've ALREADY searched in this forum of the "how to" but I didn't see any post specifically addressing this. I've searched in YouTube, just gameplay videos. Googled it, no description. Asked ChatGPT and it just suggests to ask in forums.
As for setting up ZDL I've followed this internal link:
viewtopic.php?t=76814

If it's possible to install RO with the first DOOM. I had so much fun with the absurd weapons and mayhem this mod does.

2) may someone please link me to those new maps in Doom2? Can't seem to find them either, and I dunno their name.

I apologize if these requests might have already been answered in this forum, but again I didn't find them. I'm not an expert either in criss-crossing mods (as you've already noticed), and years ago when I've managed it was due to pure luck but in a rather incomplete manner as many maps weren't installed properly, missing entire walls/sections ingame.

Any help is deeply appreciated. Even links are absolutely fine, if explaining will take away your time.

Thanks in advance!

[mod edit]Title edited to be more meaningful - Enjay[/mod edit]
hitmanx

Re: Please help me install Brutal Doom AND Russian Overkill

Post by hitmanx »

I don't think these 2 mods would be compatible with each other without a lot of editing. It may work with brutal monsters only, in which case you'd probably load brutal monsters after russian overkill.

I just had a quick look and found this mod. Don't know if it still works but seems to be what you're looking for: viewtopic.php?t=52593
BDROFan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win11

Post by BDROFan »

Thank you for replying, was kinda giving up hope.
I've actually seen that link before but didn't understand much. I'll try again, hopefully with more luck... 🤞

Thanks again.
wolfmanfp
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by wolfmanfp »

Brutal Doom is not supposed to work with other gameplay mods. However, Sarge made Ketchup for this reason. Or you can use Bolognese, which is an updated version of Ketchup. Or you can use Nashgore.

Return to “General”