Ghastly Dragon's Quake Vore

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Gothic

Ghastly Dragon's Quake Vore

Post by Gothic »

Years ago, Ghastly made the Vore from Quake using sprites by Nmn, to be included in ZDCMP2. Later it was added to the Realm667 Beastiary, but after being fed up with people complaining about it, he decided to take it down from the repository.
Honestly, I think it is a really well made monster, and plenty of other people here agreed. It's a shame that due to a few complaints/misunderstandings it had to be sealed away from public use.

I was considering giving it another chance, but sadly asking permission to the original author is impossible, since Ghastly passed away in November 2022. So I though asking people from here, where he was active and well known, if it would be a good idea to make it public again, or should I just keep things the way they are.

Any thoughts?
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Ghastly Dragon's Quake Vore

Post by NeuralStunner »

He was not against it being used altogether, he just hated the negative publicity it was getting from your typical "throw it in" mods of the time. I'd like to say the community has moved well beyond the expectation of "run forward and shoot" monster behavior by now...

I think it should be utilized and appreciated. I would say to put it back up and see how things go.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Gothic wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:08 pmI was considering giving it another chance, but sadly asking permission to the original author is impossible, since Ghastly passed away in November 2022. So I though asking people from here, where he was active and well known, if it would be a good idea to make it public again, or should I just keep things the way they are.
The fuck. Sorry for derailing, I didn't know this until today... this is sad news to me. What has happened?

By the way, it's available again on the Realm...
Doom64hunter

Post by Doom64hunter »

Tormentor667 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:32 pm
Gothic wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:08 pmI was considering giving it another chance, but sadly asking permission to the original author is impossible, since Ghastly passed away in November 2022. So I though asking people from here, where he was active and well known, if it would be a good idea to make it public again, or should I just keep things the way they are.
The fuck. Sorry for derailing, I didn't know this until today... this is sad news to me. What has happened?

By the way, it's available again on the Realm...
The original thread is here: viewtopic.php?t=76838

Though it appears you already posted in it...?
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

Well, it's back up. Thanks NeuralStunner for your feedback. I guess there's no reason to keep this thread open.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Looks like my brain somehow ignored knewing it… still, very sad.

Return to “General”