Sprite Batch Render Ex (Blender 2.79b, 3.2.1)

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

Sprite Batch Render Ex (Blender 2.79b, 3.2.1)

Post by Nash »

Alright, after talking about it for several years, and more years of internal use, I have finally wrapped this up to be presentation-ready and added documentation.

Sprite Batch Render Ex is a fork of cce's Sprite Batch Render plugin that introduces several usability changes and improvements.

Main differences between my fork and the original are:

- Automatic handling of more than 26 animation frames (a sprite called SARG will be renamed to SAR0 after 26 frames, SAR1 after the next 26 frames, etc - right up to SAR9).
- Support for mirrored rotations (5 angles), no rotation (only 1 angle) and 16 rotations. All of these are also keyframe-able, so you can keyframe it such so that the death frames would only have 1 angle, and then export an entire animation set with 1 click.

Consult the README for more detailed information.

License: MIT
Click here to download

VERSIONS SUPPORTED: BLENDER 2.79b, BLENDER 3.6.5 LTS
Last edited by Nash on Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Nash

Re: Sprite Batch Render Ex (Blender 2.79b + 3.2.1)

Post by Nash »

Well, turns out it wasn't too hard to update it to Blender 3.2.1. :P

Still WIP, but tested and confirmed to work.

Usage is still the same; check the README (images and text haven't been updated yet; will update and push to master branch after enough testing)

https://github.com/nashmuhandes/SpriteB ... ender3.2.1
7Soul

Re: Sprite Batch Render Ex (Blender 2.79b, 3.2.1)

Post by 7Soul »

This is perfect! I was just rendering my first sprite today and renaming the files was the most annoying part (even with a batch naming program)

I went and added the frame step value to the script, since for my render I only wanted to render one in every 4 frames. You can add it to your script if you want, the lines I changed are the ones that include "frame_step"
Spoiler:
Nash

Post by Nash »

What use case would you want to render only one frame in every X frames? I don't understand.
7Soul

Post by 7Soul »

My monster animation only has keyframes at 1,8,16,24 and 32, but the head bobbing is offset by 2. I don't want the full 32 frames because there are touch ups I need to do afterwards and I want to keep the workload to a manageable minimum

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”