gregbowers

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by gregbowers »

Hello, I'm new here! I like this place, it's nice
Bit Crust
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10, Ubuntu 2X.XX

Post by Bit Crust »

Hello, I am new here, and somewhat new to Doom, directed to this thread by a newbie thread from a decade ago.

I like the classic Doom games and reading the code of the maps and mods I've gotten, so I figure it natural to make an account on the forum of the source port I use.

In all likelihood I'm mostly gonna lurk, but fingers crossed, I will publish something, probably something with swords, at some point in the future. Being new, I can only hope that's not something done-to-death.

I'm specifically making this account NOW instead of when I've got something to post because I wanted to check a certain account's activity to see if a mod's dev had discontinued the project, or if any word was available.

Hopefully, this is the requirement to view an account and this won't look silly in retrospect, but that's to be determined.

Thank you for reading, later.
NoobMarine
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by NoobMarine »

Hello, my name is NoobMarine or just Marine, i've been on this forum before (mostly lurking lol) years ago, but i got my account deleted and i decided to create another one.

I've been playing Doom for years already and i also started a project years ago (sadly with a slow development), which i'm looking forward to finally share with the community what i'm working on soon.

I like to play all Doom games, including Doom 3, and numerous megawads, TCs and gameplay mods this community has made over the years. The source ports i mostly use are GZDoom and Zandronum (the first one being Jdoom/Doomsday Engine back then, and it's where i started making maps).

Currently, i'm a level designer and artist trying to improve my skills each today. Hopefully i can make resources to help in some projects in the future.

I'm looking forward to interact with the community and become part of it o/.
FPV

Post by FPV »

Alright, hello there. I make weapon sprites since i'm fascinated by gun design, althought more on the fiction and unrealistic side of things. :P Will show off some sheets i made later on to you guys. Right now I'm having problems with some parts of the forum because of this "the solution you provided was incorrect". That out of the way i will release something. See ya :D
MetalSnake
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): macOS 14.3.1
Graphics Processor: Apple M1

Post by MetalSnake »

Hi there,
I'm new here, but my first experience with Doom was around the time the Mac version got released in the 90s. Back then we (friend of mine and me) mostly played it with iddqd, idkfa, idclip though. :oops:
I play Doom occasionally every now and then. But currently, after playing Sigil 1+2, I'm in something like a Doom (engine) fever. Playing around with gzdoom, find cool wads, addons, total conversions or just play HeXen, Strife and others.
And with that also came reading doomwiki, zdoom wiki and of course this forum. And now I thought I might as well make an account here and just see where this leads me.
No_Zink
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10

Post by No_Zink »

Hello everyone!

I have been picking up the original Doom2 with all sorts of mods again and again since around 2010, starting with ZDoom and occasionally Skulltag (or Zandronum today).
I use GZDoom these days and always preferred to play a more modern version (Mouselook, higher FOV) of the game.

I never cared for vanilla Doom controls much, especially the lack of freelook is a turnoff for me.
Since the game was already "ancient" when I picked it up I never cared much to stay true to its roots as I have no nostalgia for the original. I oddly feel more nostalgic for WADs like Sunder and Plutonia2 than for the original levels. Not like I ever beat Sunder without cheats.

I've been wanting to make my own mod for a while, and yesterday I released my first Megawad! Took me long enough.
Wocht11K
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Wocht11K »

Greetings beautiful people :D , I'm Wocht11K (Or you can also call me just Wocht) currently I'm a modder with decorate (Although I left decorate half dead) and pixelart artist (Actually I liked more this and my inspiration was the art style of Project Brutality 3.0)
I am a fan of classic Doom (and its derivatives like hexen, strife and more) and ULTRAKILL.

My first contact of Doom was in a random video about a top of powerful weapons in videogames (You can imagine what weapon it was) at that moment I didn't give it importance, then with time (When I say time it was like 2 years lol) I remembered the game out of the blue and started to research about it, first I played freedoom because I thought DOOM was free (I'm an idiot), Actually I have the original Doom and it was a pretty nice experience. The best boomer shooter.

The first mod I played (of course) The Brutal Doom I enjoyed it a lot and today I still enjoy it (Of course I prefer other mods I liked more like PB3.0 or RussianOverkill).

As I said I'm currently more into DOOM pixel art and I like to make a lot of sprite sheets (I plan to share them here for people to use).

I guess that's all I can say about myself for the moment
I wish anyone reading this have a nice day ;D.

(And if I use a fucking translator, my main language is not English but Spanish, I am warning you so that there is no confusion with the bad translation of this :oops: ).
popcar2

Post by popcar2 »

Hey folks! I'm a long-time Doom fan but I've never really interacted with the community. Today I released a mod loader for Doom (CleanDoom) and am looking to spread the word!
hjkl

Post by hjkl »

Hello! I have played Doom for a good long while and just made a cross-platform launcher I'd like to share! I know there's a lot of them, but thought it'd be fun to build one.
ect0s1

Post by ect0s1 »

I lost access to my old account, so this is my new account.

Previously I had only posted a RIP of the Killing TIme PC assets and thats about the only activity I've had on these forums.

viewtopic.php?p=909401#p909401

At the time life got pretty busy, but I was working on the 3DO version, and finally found it on an old hard drive and decided to share.

But I can't post to resources till approved, so hopefully a moderation can help me out.
ByRntStarOEI

Post by ByRntStarOEI »

Greetings fellow Doomers. Long time doom player, but first time member to the forum. Lurk these boards for awhile, however, usually looking to see how certain things could be accomplished in zdoom or UDB. Relatively new to mapping as I've only attempted it a handful of times in the past without much success. Finally managed to get a wad near completion recently, though, and figured it would be a good time to join the doom community to get some feedback on it. Mostly to see if I'm heading in the right direction or not and if it's worth my time to potentially keep pursuing. Also, what's a better way to introduce yourself than with a doom map :)

Here is the link for those who are interested:

viewtopic.php?t=78996
Last edited by ByRntStarOEI on Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off-Topic”