RELEASE: Wolfenstein 3D TC Version 3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RubyEyeShabranigdu
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Wolfenstein 3D TC (Version 3.0) Final Beta Release!

Post by RubyEyeShabranigdu »

AFADoomer wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:48 pm
RubyEyeShabranigdu wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:16 pm Awesome!!! Btw, no "Wolf3D_TC_3.0b5.zip" download link?
Oops. Thanks! Added the link above and fixed the link in the first post.
:D
RubyEyeShabranigdu
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by RubyEyeShabranigdu »

EddCase wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:26 pm
RubyEyeShabranigdu wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:16 pm Awesome!!! Btw, no "Wolf3D_TC_3.0b5.zip" download link?
Direct Link is here https://github.com/AFADoomer/Wolf3D-TC- ... beta-5.zip

I use this batch script, to grab the latest version from the Github master files.

Code: Select all

@echo off
set DLLink=https://github.com/AFADoomer/Wolf3D-TC-3.0/archive/refs/heads/master.zip
set OutName=Wolf3D
color 1F
cls
Echo Downloading %OUTNAME% Master
echo.
echo Please Wait...
powershell -Command "$ProgressPreference = 'SilentlyContinue'; Invoke-WebRequest %DLLINK% -OutFile %OutName%.zip
rename %OUTNAME%.zip %OUTNAME%.ipk3
That's cool! Thanks!
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

it would seem like the latest version is doing that thing where the guns are lowered below the hud when in fullscreen again. also, something seems to be wrong with the Spear Of Destiny games. i got the full versions, and i placed them in the same place as the IPK3, but the SOD games says there demos when there not. what gives?
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

MrRumbleRoses wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:56 pm it would seem like the latest version is doing that thing where the guns are lowered below the hud when in fullscreen again. also, something seems to be wrong with the Spear Of Destiny games. i got the full versions, and i placed them in the same place as the IPK3, but the SOD games says there demos when there not. what gives?
For the gun lowering issue - What renderer are you using? What is your screen resolution? Can you provide a screenshot?

For the SoD issue - Are the files actually loading when you run the game? Open the console and scroll to the top where the list of loaded files is, and you should see the file name(s) there. If they *are* loading, make sure that the file is the original, unaltered file - the MD5 hash of the file must match the original release version.
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Hi there ..I get a bad syntax error when trying to play it modes it need GZ4.9 ?
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:07 pm Hi there ..I get a bad syntax error when trying to play it modes it need GZ4.9 ?
Yes, it needs 4.9 (possibly higher); 4.10 is the current version, and is what I'm running right now.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

AFADoomer wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:59 am
MrRumbleRoses wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:56 pm it would seem like the latest version is doing that thing where the guns are lowered below the hud when in fullscreen again. also, something seems to be wrong with the Spear Of Destiny games. i got the full versions, and i placed them in the same place as the IPK3, but the SOD games says there demos when there not. what gives?
For the gun lowering issue - What renderer are you using? What is your screen resolution? Can you provide a screenshot?

For the SoD issue - Are the files actually loading when you run the game? Open the console and scroll to the top where the list of loaded files is, and you should see the file name(s) there. If they *are* loading, make sure that the file is the original, unaltered file - the MD5 hash of the file must match the original release version.
1st part: the opengl part. i don't remember off the top of my head what it's called. 2nd part: 640X480 like i usually do. it's worked before it the previous build. 3rd part: no i can't

and for the SoD issue. yes there loading. and nothing has been altered. there from the Steam version i got a long time ago
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

MrRumbleRoses wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:25 pm and for the SoD issue. yes there loading. and nothing has been altered. there from the Steam version i got a long time ago
Is it all of SoD (the regular game, plus the two expansion packs) that is affected? Or just one?

I'm using the file hashes that are supported by ECWolf... Can you download the lastest Git version (save as Wolf3D.ipk3) and try running it? It will print the hash of the "bad" file in the console if it isn't recognized... I need that value.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

AFADoomer wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:43 pm
MrRumbleRoses wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:25 pm and for the SoD issue. yes there loading. and nothing has been altered. there from the Steam version i got a long time ago
Is it all of SoD (the regular game, plus the two expansion packs) that is affected? Or just one?

I'm using the file hashes that are supported by ECWolf... Can you download the lastest Git version (save as Wolf3D.ipk3) and try running it? It will print the hash of the "bad" file in the console if it isn't recognized... I need that value.
i don't know how that works really. to have it save as a ipk3. it always ends up just being a zip still or whatever. that's why usually i go for the pre-built ones to save the hassle

and yes. it's all the SoD games
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

I cannot reproduce your weapon sprite problems. Are you also loading other mods?

The hashes that I have included are the only ones that were used in commercial releases... Are you running the mod as an IWAD (in other words, did you put the Wolf3D.ipk3 file and the .SOD, etc. files in the same place as you keep doom.wad, doom2.wad, etc.)? Or did you just run it and choose Doom as the IWAD?
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

AFADoomer wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:03 pm I cannot reproduce your weapon sprite problems. Are you also loading other mods?

The hashes that I have included are the only ones that were used in commercial releases... Are you running the mod as an IWAD (in other words, did you put the Wolf3D.ipk3 file and the .SOD, etc. files in the same place as you keep doom.wad, doom2.wad, etc.)? Or did you just run it and choose Doom as the IWAD?
no. i'm not running any other mods for the thing, and i'm honestly surprised because this was happening previously.

and to answer the other question. i didn't run it and choose Doom as the IWAD. it runs as the ipk3. and i have the Wolf 3D, and SOD stuff in the same place as the ipk3 is, and once again there not altered at all or anything. Wolf 3D works just fine. i can play all 6 episodes with no demo stuff, but SOD for some reason says it's demo when it's suppose to be the full games. so clearly somethings a miss here with the latest builds. i mean i can't put my finger on it but something doesn't seem right, and it's overall quite annoying. i mean how much more official release can ya get? if the Wolf 3D sourceports can pickup the games then these should to
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

MrRumbleRoses wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:16 am
AFADoomer wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:03 pm I cannot reproduce your weapon sprite problems. Are you also loading other mods?

no. i'm not running any other mods for the thing, and i'm honestly surprised because this was happening previously.

and to answer the other question. i didn't run it and choose Doom as the IWAD. it runs as the ipk3. and i have the Wolf 3D, and SOD stuff in the same place as the ipk3 is, and once again there not altered at all or anything. Wolf 3D works just fine. i can play all 6 episodes with no demo stuff, but SOD for some reason says it's demo when it's suppose to be the full games. so clearly somethings a miss here with the latest builds. i mean i can't put my finger on it but something doesn't seem right, and it's overall quite annoying. i mean how much more official release can ya get? if the Wolf 3D sourceports can pickup the games then these should to
And you have provided me with nothing to work with except vague complaints. Give me screenshots, log files, something...

I need you to provide the md5 hash of the GAMEMAPS files that you are using. Right click the link to the Git build that I gave you and save that file over your Wolf3d.ipk3 file, then run it as normal and tell me what the red hash error in the console says.

Wolf3D source ports work with modified files... This mod does not.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

AFADoomer wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:50 am
MrRumbleRoses wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:16 am

And you have provided me with nothing to work with except vague complaints. Give me screenshots, log files, something...

I need you to provide the md5 hash of the GAMEMAPS files that you are using. Right click the link to the Git build that I gave you and save that file over your Wolf3d.ipk3 file, then run it as normal and tell me what the red hash error in the console says.

Wolf3D source ports work with modified files... This mod does not.
listen. i'm not trying to start anything here ok. but the reason i haven't posted anything like screenshots or log files. is because i don't know how to post that kinda thing here on the site. this site doesn't have like a simple way of posting stuff without like. uploading it here. and. make a link there. or even something like, attach things here but it's gotta be this size to the point of not knowing how the hell that's suppose to be done. maybe i can DM you these things or something

this is the best i can do to show what's up https://twitter.com/MrRumbleRoses/statu ... 6632561664

i tried that whole thing about the git build to save that over the ipk3 i had. and i looked at the log or whatever when i pressed the ~ button. nothing was in the red. and as i said before. the SOD games are from the Steam version. nothing altered or fiddled with. so it shouldn't say "Demo" when going to try & play them with this mod. i got all the things you posted that this mod needed. and there all in the same place as the ipk3 file. so. i've done all i can. i'm sorry if i'm making you tear your hair out or something in frustration. but i don't know how this mod stuff works. i just play the mods. and this whole thing with SOD makes NO sense at all to me. because if that was happening with those games. then why not Wolf 3D itself? cause that comes from Steam as well. and once more. nothing has changed or been tampered with. i'm not trying to shit on this mod or anything, cause i'm not doing that. i'm liking this quite a bit, i just don't understand SOD's situation. even if i don't play it from a sourceport, the games are still the full things. i'm sorry if i'm pissing you off, but this is to me as well. cause in previous builds. specially when you started making it to where it read the game file stuff needed. things were going fine it seemed. but now with later updates, things made the SOD games become demos for whatever reason and it's weird. like how much more official can ya get if there from Steam and there the full games and not demos? hm?
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Please set the 'g_showhashes' CVar to 1 in the console, then close GZDoom and restart the mod. There will be additional output in the startup log - farther down that what was in your screenshot.

You'll see this about halfway down:
Wolfenstein 3-D Total Conversion 3.0 beta 5 699f09c Checking for valid GAMEMAPS files...

Then you should see output for the GAMEMAPS files that have been found. If SoD is found, it will show up as Enabling Spear of Destiny. If not, the output will show the md5 hash of the file (Example: File 'GAMEMAPS.SOD' has an unknown hash: d207cb87dd35db2c68db80ce788b840b). I need that hash value from your version of the game.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

AFADoomer wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:24 pm Please set the 'g_showhashes' CVar to 1 in the console, then close GZDoom and restart the mod. There will be additional output in the startup log - farther down that what was in your screenshot.

You'll see this about halfway down:
Wolfenstein 3-D Total Conversion 3.0 beta 5 699f09c Checking for valid GAMEMAPS files...

Then you should see output for the GAMEMAPS files that have been found. If SoD is found, it will show up as Enabling Spear of Destiny. If not, the output will show the md5 hash of the file (Example: File 'GAMEMAPS.SOD' has an unknown hash: d207cb87dd35db2c68db80ce788b840b). I need that hash value from your version of the game.
i couldn't get the hashes stuff to appear, but i'm noticing something weird. i'm seeing The Ultimate Challenge appearing twice. cause with this stuff you're telling me. i'm seeing Wolf 3D, TUC, RTD, & TUC again

in other news though bout this whole thing. i managed to find a version that seemed to work where it has "Enabling Spear of Destiny" be a thing that works. now, take this with a grain of salt or whatever, but i feel like the Steam version of Spear of Destiny is for whatever reason not wanting to work properly with the mod. in my various tests i did with the mod, where i have only Wolf 3D & SOD. it still said it was the ultimate challenge. which makes no sense at all. because i have SOD from Steam installed on my computer. and it thinks it's not the main game or something? i'd probably look into that. but anyway. i guess it's all fine for now at least

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”