ZDoom 2.7.1

News about ZDoom

ZDoom 2.7.1

Postby randi » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:52 pm

ZDoom 2.7.1 is now available from the download page. This version includes the following changes from 2.7.0:
  • Added new additive GameInfo keywords: AddCreditPage, AddPlayerClasses, and AddInfoPage.
  • Added a new DONTDRAIN flag to mark actors as ineligible for vampirism attacks.
  • Compatibility fixes for Ultimate Simplicity map07, Cheogsh map01, Super Sonic Doom map31
  • Polyobject mirror numbers can no longer be changed with SetLineSpecial. This was never a supported feature and caused problems for legitimate uses of SetLineSpecial on polyobject lines.
  • The powered-up Gold Wand was not puffing on actors.
  • Disabled Heretic's punishment cheats when in allcheats mode.
  • Objects that explode on death no longer deal the damage they were dealt instead of their own.
  • Vampirism attacks now respect damage reduction.
  • Demo recording now writes correct user info to demos.
  • ACS's PlaySound for looping sounds now works properly when using channel flags.
randi
Site Admin

Re: ZDoom 2.7.1

Postby Blue Shadow » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:51 pm

A new release already! Are we expecting frequent releases from now on?
Blue Shadow

Postby randi » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:12 pm

I would like to do more frequent bug fix releases now. That's what the maint branch is for. I would have liked to do it for Subversion, too, but branches are kind of a pain to work with in Subversion compared to Git.

Feature releases may or may not be more frequent.
randi
Site Admin

Postby Nash » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:13 pm

Out of curiosity, what does "maint" mean? Is it the equivilent of SVN's "trunk"? Is "maint" a standardized name?
Nash

Postby Blzut3 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:23 pm

"master" is equivalent to trunk. maint is short for maintenance, it's a branch that contains primarily bug fixes.

Or another way of putting it:
maint = ZDoom 2.7.x
master = ZDoom 2.8.0
Blzut3
Pronounced: B-l-zut

Postby Xtyfe » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:40 am

randi wrote:I would like to do more frequent bug fix releases now. That's what the maint branch is for. I would have liked to do it for Subversion, too, but branches are kind of a pain to work with in Subversion compared to Git.

Feature releases may or may not be more frequent.

More frequent releases in general is an awesome development :p
Xtyfe

Return to ZDoom News