Brutal HeXen - BETA RELEASED

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Brutal HeXen - BETA RELEASED

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Brutal HeXen will be a complete revamp of HeXen's gameplay. It's not just more gore and fancy fire effects and particles. It takes the fighting to a whole new level, making the combat way more dynamic, brutal, realistic, and interesting.
Spoiler: SCREENSHOTS
Features:
Very dynamic and violent melee combat. Create chain combos, and study the enemy's behavior and learn when is the best time to attack or defend.
- Earn experience points by killing enemies (bonus points if you gib or execute them) and level up and increase your max health and get perks at every level.
- Blood, gore, and guts everywhere!
- Flares, new dynamic lights, and particles for fire, smoke, projectiles, and others.
- Better liquid textures. Lava also creates glows on walls (OpenGL only feature).
- Widescreen support for all weapons.

Planed features:
- Dynamic scenario with almost everything destroyable.
- Heretic compatibility
Spoiler: Baratus info

BETA 1 Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2cs10ch2hpa96c2
In this Beta, you can only play with Baratus. All weapons are working (but still need some touchups and new sounds). All monsters are "brutalized" and give XP. This Beta is for public testing purposes and feedback, and does not reflects the quality of the final product.
Last edited by Sergeant_Mark_IV on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:35 am, edited 7 times in total.
Crudux Cruo

Re: Somebody said Brutal HeXen? (still WIP)

Post by Crudux Cruo »

If you keep this up you are going to permanently crash the forums with your awesomeness. I WANT YOUR BABIES :wub:
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

WHATISTHISIDONTEVEN
epic40k

Post by epic40k »

Thou art a SMITEMEISTER!
Blox

Post by Blox »

but doth this solvest the problem of the maps?
Jinal

Post by Jinal »

For those who are expecting fatalities in Brutal Hexen prepare to be disappointed since I've recently left a comment on the video:
So much potential how brutal you can make Hexen to be especially the fatalities...I guess this can be a poor person's God of War?
And Sergeant Mark responded:
There will be no fatalities in Brutal HeXen. Brutal Doom has fatalities because unlike HeXen, the Doom community during the years created many Doomguy sprites that could make the fatalities possible. So, unless somebody can draw the fatality animations and send them to me to script them, it's not going to happen.
Although this could change in time hopefully....
Last edited by Jinal on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

Blox wrote:but doth this solvest the problem of the maps?
Probably not. But it looks to me like the hacking and slashing as well as the violence has been improved and looks very attractive. So that's a positive note.
Jinal wrote:For those who are expecting Fatalities in Brutal Hexen prepare to be disappointed since I've recently left a comment on the video:
HeXen would be fun with fatalities, but I think the only reason Sarge even considered the fatality feature in Brutal Doom was because of the berserk power-up, and the creation of the Doom comic.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Nice. Are there any good level sets for Hexen though? The original levels are almost painful to play as a giant switch hunt. I'd definitely play this though, it might be able to make that base "campaign" more bearable. :P
BlueFireZ88
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

Seems like an interesting premise so far, I'd like to see what this becomes.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Blox wrote:the problem of the maps?
This. :|

It's the difference for me between "Yes! HeXen needed something like this! I would definitely play it." and "I don't care. I never play HeXen." (which ultimately gets my vote for the time being). 20 seconds into that first map and I usually stop playing.

Looking forward to this nonetheless.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

HOW ARE YOU BLOCKING WITH THE SHIELD OMG
Blox

Post by Blox »

The first map is alright.. But then..

Ugh. I never got past the metal realm. And that's like, the third portal. I'm absolutely lost from there. (Not to mention how cripplingly boring the entire thing is.)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah, that's the only thing I'd worry about. It could be a lot of effort for a game that doesn't really have any fun maps to play. I really like the *idea* of Hexen, but not the execution.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

I try to play and enjoy HeXen, but I just stop playing at a curtain point. But I tend to love hacking and slashing things up, so I'm pretty pumped. I think it'll make the gameplay more tasteful.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Perhaps we can convince Mr. Chris to make a Brutalized Hexen map pack that removes the puzzles and adds more baddies.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”