The [ZDoom Community Map] Project "Take 2"

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Tormentor667

The [ZDoom Community Map] Project "Take 2"

Post by Tormentor667 »

Well, so far the first "ZDoom Community Map Project" will soon be finished and as we all can see (considering the length of the thread) it was or will be a real success for us! :) This is why I thought about doing one more project and finally you can now sign up, if you are interested in participation this time or even once more :) This first post is now all the necassery information, you will need with all the important rules and all the important bases you need ;)

Requirements:
There are no real big requirements which are needed for the participation. Just be a good mapper and maybe have some other useful skills (musician, sprite artist, texture artist, etc.) and I will put you on the list ;)

Rules:
Every participant will have exactly one day to add his rooms, his sprites, his textures or his other wad-related stuff. After this time expired, he has to upload it somewhere (please not Geocities *g*) so the follow-up person can download it on his day and continute with his rooms, his sprites and so on. After the first round is over, I will choose ten persons to do final touches to the map, clean it up, and finalize it for the release.
Easy, isn't it? :)
By the way: It is allowed to add some personal signatur to your part of the map, as texture, as sector or as anything else like that. Just take a look at "Take 1" and you will see what I mean ;)
So far, you are allowed to add: Your Mappart (recommended), new sprites, new decorations, new monsters, new GFXs, new weapons, new textures, new flats, new sounds, new ambience, new scripts and everything else supported by ZDoom :)
And follow-uppers are also allowed to alter previous parts in a minimal way (adding detail for example or changing some textures) if they don't fit the rest of the map. Please no complete removements or deformation of previous parts, so the creator itself can't recognize it anymore!!!

More Info:
If you have still questions, take a look at the following thread: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t= ... sc&start=0

Take 2 Info:
This time, I think we should work on a special map theme, so we have all of us a small idea, what to place on our turn. This time's maptheme is a high-tech space city on the solar system's planet Venus! Just take a look at this picture:
Yes, it has no atmosphere and looks very hellish *g* (just a tip for the skybox creator)

Ok, so here we go, volunteering for the second part of our community project :)
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

I don't think I'm gonna do a map this time, because it will just get modified and stolen and I don't get any credits or other chances to modify stuff or whatever.

However, I really would like to create a new weaponset for this level, replacing all weapons and everything (with DEHACKED, lol). Please say yes! I want to do something that people can see right from the beginning of the map to the end. :P
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Yes, why not?! (as long as these weapons still feel like Doom!)
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I'm in. But I don't want to be one of the first contributors this time. I have better ideas when there is already some content to play with... ;)
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Tormentor667 wrote:Yes, why not?! (as long as these weapons still feel like Doom!)
Yayz0r!

Anywaay, what do you have on mind besides just "doomy" weapons? slightly futuristic? overpowered? what? I need some ideas here. :P
MasterOFDeath
... in rememberance ...

Post by MasterOFDeath »

Sorry, I would love to be a part of this(really wanted to be a part of the first but I didn't find out about it until it already had alot of people), but I really don't have the time right now, mostly with, ding ding, other maps I am making. Sorry, really would love to add to this, but I just don't have the time. :(
Xenaero

Post by Xenaero »

Xaser. Calm. Down. :D

Sorry can't take part in this either, getting tied up again. :(
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

I'm in. Although my part in "take 1" was more of a brick/tech theme, I love tech/space bases.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

I'm in. What wuold be easier for me is if I just say when I want to take a turn, because some days I'm really busy, then others I am not so busy. Actually, can I start this tomorrow? I'll start the first room. I plan to add a few textures, a nifty sky box, a starting song (it would be cool if others added more songs too, just for fun :D) and a few rooms to start this off.

I'll have to double check back here this time tomorrow and see whats what. This should be fun.

Right, I'm off to d some pre-planning stuff ;).

:twisted:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Ok, here a small update of participants:

Xaser
Graf Zahl
Cccp_Leha
Lexus_Alyus
Tormentor667
Chilvence

Post by Chilvence »

Should I or shouldn't I... should I or shouldn't I...

Hey, if I find I've completely forgotten how to map, and make something really crappy, will you guys hate me? :D
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

You should, because I already added you ;)

Xaser
Graf Zahl
Cccp_Leha
Lexus_Alyus
Tormentor667
Chilvence
Chilvence

Post by Chilvence »

I guess I better start sharpening my fingers and polishing my eyeballs then :D
Macil
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Macil »

Yes, it has no atmosphere and looks very hellish *g* (just a tip for the skybox creator)
Venus has no atmosphere? rrrriiiggghhhhtttt. If you are correct, all my books about the planets that mention venus are wrong. Unless you mean oxygen by atmosphere?
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Is Doomguy upgrading his space suit? Venus is much, much hotter than the moons of Mars, and it couldn't even handle a little lava before . . .

Return to “Editing (Archive)”