The [ZDoom Community MAP] Project

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Tormentor667

The [ZDoom Community MAP] Project

Post by Tormentor667 »

I just had an neat idea *g* What about a [ZDoom Community MAP] ??? Well, here are my plans: You guys volunteer, I will make a list, and after that, we all build on map together. And this is how it goes:

- Everyone adds one (or 2) new room to the map
- Everyone is allowed to alter old rooms (means adding some detail or corners)
- Everyone is allowed to add some more ACS
- Everyone is allowed to add new textures
- Everyone is allowed to add new DECO stuff

In the end, we will have about 50 - 80 steps, means 50 rooms or more and a lot more other stuff ;) The main theme of the wad will be "Classic Doom" and "Classic Doom 2" so please add just stuff like that (for example "NiGhTMaRe Textures" or monsters from "Nanamis Monster Wad").

Just tell me what you think about it ;) Oh, and just to let you know, every person in the row has just 24h to add the new room. If he hasn't the time, the next person on the list has to do the step!

List of Mappers
1. Xaser (starts of with the map and room 1)
2. Graf Zahl
3. Lexus Alyus
4. Tormentor667
5. HotWax
6. Giest118
7. Bio Hazard
8. Nanami (no room but other stuff)
9. Destroyer (whatever)
10. Curunir
11. Nightmare
Last edited by Tormentor667 on Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Yes!!! I volunteer! I'm still a bit confused on the directions, though. :?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Xaser wrote:Yes!!! I volunteer! I'm still a bit confused on the directions, though. :?
What do you mean with that?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Good idea. I'm in! I think that's approximately the amount of mapping I can do... ;)
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

I'll do it! What's the harm in doing a few rooms :). I'll really have to show off though ;).

We can use nanamis monsters, that's for definate! :D. I think we should settle on one additional texture wad, just to make things easier...I vote for the Gothic Texture set as that would fit nicely with the standard Doom1/2 theme :).

This is going to be cool :).

:twisted:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Great ;)

@Lexus - You can add some textures on your own if you want to but please no complete texture set (like Gothic, btw, it looks good but doesn't fit the doom environment!). When adding textures (or complete sets) I just think on Nightmares textures:

...more here: http://www.doomworld.com/afterglow/textures.shtml

About Nanamis monster wad: Yeah, ok I think this one is perfect ;) So if you want to add it (or anyone else) do it as soon as it is your turn ;) By the way: This won't be a problem at all (to work with one wad, that has resources AND the lump itself) because DoomBuilder can handle that and after each save, recompiles the wad :)
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Argh. Never mind about the not understanding part. I get it now. Anyway, I'll start on it right when I finish eating.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Fine ;)
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

I'm in! Since making one or two rooms is about the extent of my abilities, this should be great. I can also ACS just about anything, so if any of the other mappers want to accomplish a certain effect but don't know how, let me know and I'll add it when it's my turn.
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

Cool. A chance to prove that my mapping ability has greatly improved. :D

I volunteer!!!!!1111111111twohundredandeleventyhundredandthousandmillion
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

i might be able to get a half a room before i decide its not cool enough...

so i guess im in

why should we be allowed to alter each other's rooms? wouldnt that break someones mapping style?

EDIT: how would we transfer this wad from person to person? if it goes over 256K, we cant upload it here and im sure not all of us have FTPs to upload to...

EDIT2: and maybe we could all talk about ideas in #NOTZDoomRelated! (hint hint)
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

I hate saying I'll make maps because I never do it, but I'll donate monsters from the resource wad!
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

I'll throw in a hand with the maps if that's OK with everyone, I'm great with storylines, so that might help.. I can also come up with some crazy scripts and prebuilt shit...
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

Bio Hazard wrote: why should we be allowed to alter each other's rooms? wouldnt that break someones mapping style?
Um... yeah, I agre with Bio on this one.
Bio Hazard wrote: EDIT: how would we transfer this wad from person to person? if it goes over 256K, we cant upload it here and im sure not all of us have FTPs to upload to...
We could e-mail it to each other...
Curunir
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Curunir »

I'm in too. Only I'm not too sure that other people should be allowed to alter previous rooms.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”