Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Rachael »

Glad that it's getting better for you.
DoomDev667
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by DoomDev667 »

I've been reading Spawn, and my god. Its good.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Got into the new Shadow Warrior games. :D

I completed the first one last night. It was an interesting game, but didn't feel at all old-school as it claimed to be and it was plagued with so many graphical issues I just turned everything down to the lowest settings and played using the x86 version to allow for a smoother experience. Plus, the button combinations for executing stuff were super clunky, the RNG was broken, fall damage was broken as all get-out, and the guns were underpowered (except for the Crossbow and Rocket Launcher, those were pretty good). The shotgun had Doom 3 tier spread coupled with a super slow reload speed and made for an ass weapon.

I'm stoked for the next one 'cuz I love looter-shooters (I heard a lot of not-so-great things about it but I'm excited nonetheless, especially after watching a whole playthrough... gotta love that Zilla-tech!). As I plan to make a looter-shooter of my own, it will serve as a great point of research for managing inventory. :D

Shadow Warrior 3 is a lot like DOOM Eternal, and looks a lot more fluid and a lot less clunky than the other two Shadow Warrior installments. I'm super stoked for that one when I get to it. :D

Pipe dream: I want loot like Shadow Warrior 2 and gunplay like Shadow Warrior 3. Let's make it happen for Shadow Warrior 4! :P
AliciaPendragon

Post by AliciaPendragon »

So I've been working on a guide to Doom modding, which contains instructions on not only how to get into doom, but how to download various source ports and how to acquire the IWADs, my mod recommendations, etc. for people outside of the doom community to enjoy one of my favorite games. My way of contributing, if you will.

I havent worked on it in a while b/c I'm lazy but figured I'd mention it in case I decide to post it here, if its okay with everyone, as I am aware that people probably created much better guides than mine.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hello there! B-)

These last weeks I barely post here, since I'm REALLY busy in the next update of my Heretic mod... And there is still a lot of work to do, since it is going to include a new horde of enemies, as well as several new weapons and some interesting features and elements, too...

So for now, i estimate until the last days of August (or maybe the first days of September) the aforementioned new version will see the light... It will be released soon, anyway. :yup:

Until then, please stay tuned... HeXeReTiC Fantasy v3.0 is on the way, my dear friends! :thumb:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I've been keeping most of my gameplay and mod advancements to my Discord server or to other places i wander. But i'm officially working on a sequel (prequel, actually) for Nightmare Logic.

Lore wise, while the first dabbles with the hypotetical Y2K38 bug and cyberterrorists taking control of outdated military equipment, NML2 just plays with the idea of the original Y2K bug. The arsenal rolls around the most cliché and famous weapons of the 90s, with loadouts (soon to be added) so the player can balance the gameplay around a certain necessity (more powerful weapons, more accurate stuff...), everything themed to a 90s aesthetic, down to Windows sounds.

So far i've added a sprinting system, different accuracies for weapons when crouching (just like in Nightshift), a portable nightvision system (Like in Kriegsland 2), and the plan, or at least the initial plan, is to have more weapons (sans upgrades) and be even smaller than the first mod. So far i'm on the right track, the mod is only 660kbs now.

Expect more info. Peace!
yum13241
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

Just found out GitHub is requiring 2FA. Fuck.
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

yum13241 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:37 am Just found out GitHub is requiring 2FA. Fuck.
You have to help secure the supply line of corporations using open source (while rarely contributing anything back)! It is best practices after all!
yum13241
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

As if I contributed anything worth more than a single hydrogen atom there.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

So my previous GPU (AMD Radeon RX 580) decided to let out the magic smoke, temporarily confining myself to the only backup GPU I had available, a 10 year old AMD Radeon R7 260x.

I wouldn't be that salty about that if it wasn't for the fact that literally the morning after AMD announced a new set of mid-range cards for the AMD Radeon RX 7000 line, instead of doing so long before. So I'm now stuck with the decision of either buying outside of AMD's mid range for the current gen (which would have to be the highest end cards since the RX 7600 is abysmal), picking up a previous gen card, waiting the week and a half to see if the 7800 XT is any good (and more importantly actually purchasable), or just make the transition over to team green.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

Oh heck, waiting in hospital after surgery to recover. And hoping it's not cancer...
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Yikes .... hoping it's not cancer too.
Alfred Don

Post by Alfred Don »

yum13241 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:37 am Just found out GitHub is requiring 2FA. Fuck.
Infuriating.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

Just wanted to let everyone know. I'm back!
Took a sabbatical, and working at Amazon in their Tom Team. With my new schedule, I got some free time to tinker with mods, try out some mods, while still publishing my books.
DoomDev667
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by DoomDev667 »

Hey uhh, I have a file off of mega that I cannot download. I reached the transfer limit.

What do I do?

Return to “Off-Topic”