The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
scalliano

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by scalliano »

salahmander2 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:18 am Ohhhh lord, that's quite a blow. At least you backed up TOPII though along with your music. But still, what a hell of a blow.
Aye, the work folders are safe. Assessing the damage shows that a lot of stuff that was lost is either also on my laptop or is actually retrievable from the internet. It's just a massive pain in the arse getting it all back again. I suppose I was going to have to do this anyway once the new rig is up and running, but still.
AmissaAnima
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by AmissaAnima »

Captain J wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:34 am
Took extra time to make this hence a tiny bit of hiatus, sorry

Anyways I found Clodsire and Tinkaton adorable so here ya go!
No one can defeat the adorable chonky mass that is Clodsire.
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

So, I decided to start a Steam Group.

I hope nobody minds the name. It's meant as a joke, though I won't be surprised if people get mad about the name.

I tried to look up games that I think would appeal to gamers that are more interested in just playing games rather than trying to pick apart the meanings behind the things in them, especially stuff that feels more like the old stuff. Not sure how well all of it fits. I also added in some here and there that I personally like, but I'm willing to take them off the Group's listing if anyone objects.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Been addicted to RetroAchievements lately and had mastered two games so far
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Been up to lots of stuff since I was last on here...

- Developing a game of my own as a job, and picked up Quake Live to get a better feel for what direction I want to take the game. I actually began using a mouse this time around! :D
- Got into Turbo Overkill, Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun, and Prodeus.
- I'm also developing ideas for yet another game which I wish to develop in GZDoom. To that end, I will need to curate some skills necessary for that development by developing EOA 2.
- Still developing EOA. Trying to rebuild my community on Guilded after I got nuked from Discord, and combat any lies that developed about what happened that come my way.
- Thanks to my aforementioned addition of using a mouse, I picked up Team Fortress 2 after a very long time and had quite a bit of fun there too. I was recently able to acquire the necessary cosmetics to make a Demopan! :D
- Still using just a keyboard to play GZDoom, DOOM Eternal, Turbo Overkill, and Prodeus. :P
- Listened to just about everything Demon Hunter has released up until this point, damn that's some good metal. :D
openroadracer wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:33 pm So, I decided to start a Steam Group.

I hope nobody minds the name. It's meant as a joke, though I won't be surprised if people get mad about the name.

I tried to look up games that I think would appeal to gamers that are more interested in just playing games rather than trying to pick apart the meanings behind the things in them, especially stuff that feels more like the old stuff. Not sure how well all of it fits. I also added in some here and there that I personally like, but I'm willing to take them off the Group's listing if anyone objects.
Joined. :D

I've not heard of most of those games you got there. I recognize Doom, Quake, and Borderlands, of course. Just got Quake and Quake IV yesterday. :D

The only reason I know of Burnout was because of some old Burnout save data present on my GameCube's memory card (we got the console and the card both used, so it seems the previous owner hadn't cleared out the memory card prior to shipping).

BTW, love the group name. Keep it! :D
DoomDev667
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by DoomDev667 »

Well. Hi everyone.
I'm doomdev and I'm a doomaholic.
DoomDev667

Post by DoomDev667 »

I decided to migrate here. So lets talk. Wassup?
yum13241
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

Please don't double post. Anyways I had 2 nosebleeds. Yesterday's was while I was laying down, half awake and today's was at 4 in the morning. And no, I did not pick my nose. It gets really annoying and messy, really fast.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

yum13241 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:42 am Anyways I had 2 nosebleeds. Yesterday's was while I was laying down, half awake and today's was at 4 in the morning. And no, I did not pick my nose. It gets really annoying and messy, really fast.
Do you have access to a humidifier? In my past I've had problems with nosebleeds with dry air, so that may help you. Also avoid things that thin blood like Asprin unless it's medically necessary to use them.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Rachael wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:05 am
yum13241 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:42 am Anyways I had 2 nosebleeds. Yesterday's was while I was laying down, half awake and today's was at 4 in the morning. And no, I did not pick my nose. It gets really annoying and messy, really fast.
Do you have access to a humidifier? In my past I've had problems with nosebleeds with dry air, so that may help you. Also avoid things that thin blood like Asprin unless it's medically necessary to use them.
Personally, what I do and not necessarily recommend, is to grab a syringe, either without cannula or a blunt one, and fill it with saline solution (9 grams of salt in 1 litre of water, dunno about the imperial system, to make it isotonic, meaning same pH as blood, tears or other bodily fluids) and then rinse my nasal cavities in a similar vein to a nasal douche.

Edit: Forgot to mention that it's best to use lukewarm water for this.
yum13241

Post by yum13241 »

Also avoid things that thin blood like Asprin unless it's medically necessary to use them.
No sane doctor would prescribe aspirin to a teenager.

Also, Bengay and Asprin share the same active ingredient which can cause death if misused. See: https://youtu.be/Le-IKCLGT9A/. This is not to scare you from using Bengay. This is to bring light to something I found interesting.
"If you don't need to put it in your body, don't put it in your body" --Dr. Bernard aka Chubbyemu

There's an air conditioner in my room that's off. It has a "Sleep" mode. If you want I can attach a picture of the remote.

--BEGIN PGP RANT---
Spoiler: There's no PGP here lol, it's just a joke
--END PGP RANT--

Heh, that was a long one. Anyways, there's a lot of conincidence here. Something is wrong.
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

Pretty much everyone has experienced nose bleeding at some point in their life. Usually it is just temporary and caused by some blood vein bursting and the body immediately begins its own auto-repair of it. When it happens, it isn't unusual that you experience it happening a couple of times in a row like you describe. It scared me too when I experienced it, but unless the blood doesn't stop or it keeps happening again and again and again then I'm fairly sure a doctor will tell you to just relax and wait for it to pass.

By the way, if it doesn't go away in a day or two, don't follow the advice given here - call a doctor! They have the education, qualifications and ability to assess your unique situation. If you treat your body by doing random things you read on the Internet it might just make things worse.
DoomDev667

Post by DoomDev667 »

I have aswell.
yum13241

Post by yum13241 »

Well I nosebled again, but this time it was at 2PM with me trying to blow my dry snot out. At least it's not random anymore, and it wasn't as bad and I had time to react.

"The Still New When Did You Last Nosebleed Thread"

Anyways, change of topic. Been playing Micro Mages and it's a good game, considering it's a NES game. You can only fit so much into 40 KB, a picture of Mario 1 is bigger than the actual ROM file.

Return to “Off-Topic”