ÆoD (patch 6.02 (01-22-12))

For in-development or completed ZDoom projects
Forum rules
Got a cool project idea but nothing else? This forum is NOT for you! Put it in this thread instead!
Please read the full rules for more details.

ÆoD (patch 6.02 (01-22-12))

Postby DBThanatos » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:10 pm

//********************************************************************************************
//********************************************************************************************

AEoD v6.02 & Contest
(01/22/2012)

Download AEoD v6.02

New patch is up. But is no simple patch. See the readme for the changelog of the bugfixes. What's important here, is what's new in it.

"Portal Run" mode

Straight from the Readme
Is a brand new mode where you get the portal gun right at the beginning of the game.

Specifics:
-Player gets the portal gun, but no other weapon when the game starts.
-By default, player cant pick more weapon (as it will say all slots are full)
-Player can disable the weapon slot limit system to pick weapons, but that's optional
and not adviced for the purpose of this mode
-Player will get Earth Symbols and a Pentagram at the beginning of each level, this is
of course, to grant some protection.
-At the beginning of each level, player will loose all powerups that he gathered in the
previous level, except the earth symbol, pentagram, medkits and life urns.
-If player doesnt cheat, is a guarantee that he will be able to kill the bossbrain when
he makes it to map30; after the main voice finishes it's line, try switching weapons,
or just cycle through the weapons in slot 1, and get your prize.

So, the idea is to finish the game as fast as you can. Simple, huh?

Well, it is. But, turns out, that this is a little contest. Players have up until February 18th 11:59 PM (GTM - 6:00) to upload their videos running through Doom2. On February 19th, at 10pm central time, the winners will be announced, and they get to pick their prize.

The rules

-No cheating (doh!)
-Player will have to record the whole thing from start to finish. It doesnt take that long. If they cant upload it in one piece, upload it in as many videos as needed, but without any special video editing.
-Player can play in the easiest skill.
-No fancy video editing of any sort. Plain and simple video showing how he managed to get past through doom2.
-Player can jump, crouch, and any trick the can do to move faster, as long as is not a cheat (say, you can wallrun, but you cant "turbo" yourself via console)
-Player cannot deactivate the Weapon Slot Limit system.
-Map 31 and 32 should not be played.
-Once finishing map30, player must let the game show all the stats.

All the entries must be posted individually in this forum, in a thread per entry:
http://aeod.forum0.net/f2-portal-run-entries

The criteria

Once the video is submitted, we'll watch the whole thing, and at the end of map 30, we'll see what the internal game clock says. The lenght of the youtube video will not be taken into account, just the game clock.

The Prizes

What are the prizes? Well, games.

There are 5 games to choose from:
  • Half Life 2
  • Nation Red
  • Portal
  • Serious Sam HD: The second encounter
  • The Binding of Isaac

There will be of course, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. First place decides what game he wants. Second place chooses after that, and third place at the end.

Games will be delivered through Steam. So, an steam account is needed to claim the game.

There's no PAR time right now, as Im not THAT good at remembering doom 2 maps and the location of the keys, but even getting lost a couple times, the total time I made was 15:57

Example video of the first 5 levels:

If we dont get more than 3 entries, then those 3 people win. Isnt that nice?
Remember to go to this forum to post your entries

The winners (02-19-12)

Well, two people actually participated and therefore, both of them win.

First place with a time of 18:17: krokots.
Second place with a time of 21:47: eaglemf.

Thanks for participating, and enjoy the prizes!

//********************************************

Effects choker. by Major Cooke
An experimental addon that should help a good deal with performance.

AEoD v6: Effect choker

Major Cooke wrote:
  • All props are now the default doom ones (they have no special interactions, i.e. bleeding when shot)
  • All generic explosions have had the default amount of particles reduced, as well as added sight checks. If spawned out of sight, the particle count is reduced almost down to 1 particle for the smaller ones, while the larger ones still spawn a few just in case the player catches sight of it after it spawns.
  • Flying debris duration cut down, and chances to spawn debris reduced.
  • Blood persists through frozen time, allowing for the player to freeze time and help get rid of some effects while in heavy fighting.
  • Gibs disappear very quickly once they stop making trails.

-The AEoD Team

AEons Of Death v6
Released 12/18/11

It all started on December 18th 2005

And 6 years later, AEons of Death comes in it's 6th version.

Introduction

Every version has tried to do something, if not new, at least different; or in the worst case, something bigger. Not for the sake of being big. For the sake of variety.

Someone once said "just to see the guns and point and click them at different pictures". Well, we love to have a ton of pictures to shoot at.

Whether it is just adding new weapons, or adding dynamic lights to almost every projectile, or adding new effects, or adding damage types and damage resistance to all monsters, each version has tried something new in the AEoD's book.

And the 6th version of AEoD is no exception.

What is it?

The all so loved and hated uber randomizer mod. Random monsters. Random weapons. What else?

Main Features

New weapons: You cant reinvent the wheel. But you sure can fancy it up.

New monsters: And perhaps add more little decorations to said wheel.

New spell system: Because changing weapons to bring the spellbook, cycling through it's pages for the right spell and then switching back to the weapon you were using after the spell was cast, wasnt exactly practical, now you can cycle through the spells in the HUD and fire the one you want whenever you want.

New nightmare skill: Tired of having those same monsters respawning every X seconds? Well, this time it wont work like that. Is it harder? Maybe. Is it more fun? We certainly think so.

Themes / Games : Having a dozen of games mashed into a single mod was always the idea. But what if you wanted to use all the same arsenal, but this time, say, against the Hexen 2 monsters? Have you ever thought that the second episode of Scythe 2 would work wonderfully with those Powerslave monsters? What about playing Requiem.wad with Strife monsters, just for the sake of it? Well. Now you can.

Screenshots? Yeah

Big blurry screenshots FTW! Because I was not going to upload 25mb of screenshots.
Spoiler:

Videos?
Sure!
Spoiler:

Download
What are you waiting for? Download it now!

AEoD main package
AEoD coding package

AEoD coding package. Mirror by Vict.

Remember. You need both files.

Note

Read the readme. It contains useful information ;)

AEoD team

Spoiler: "AEoD v6 is:"

AEons of Death previous releases:
Spoiler: "Prev releases"
Last edited by DBThanatos on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:12 am, edited 66 times in total.
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.

Re: ÆoD (4.21 patch: jan-14-2009)

Postby X-CrAzYkOoL-X » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:26 am

yes, a new patch! finnaly! hey Thantos, you fixed the nailgun?
X-CrAzYkOoL-X
Just me... Jumping on the Creepypasta bandwagon...

Postby zitro » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:26 am

If I install the new patch, will my saves work or do I have to start over?
zitro

Postby Imp Hunter » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:34 am

Hell cool screen shots :)
Imp Hunter
I put on my raep smile.

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:41 am

zitro wrote:If I install the new patch, will my saves work.....

No, they won't work, you have to start all over again if you install the new patch.

Wow, that's a hella lot of things fixed, but I didn't see the Korax issue addressed as fixed in the changelog; is he fixed, or is he still attacking all the kekking time, even though I'm standing right in front of him?
Last edited by Princess Viscra Maelstrom on Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom

Postby Lolo_is_cool » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:59 am

Yeah! thanks DBT :D
But... i have to say that the SuperNAilgun looks weaker than the Nailgun. I mean, the Fire of the S.nailgun is Too slow.. I think a bit faster may be better :wink:
Lolo_is_cool
Michael DooMson will surprise you!

Postby .ex.inferis. » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:10 am

Screenshots 5, 14 and 17...which maps are those?? I'd like to play those with the mod. :D
.ex.inferis.
Thirsty vampire is thirsty.

Postby X-CrAzYkOoL-X » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:24 am

and the video with the city map, what is it? i want to get it.
X-CrAzYkOoL-X

Postby Nightmare Doom » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:59 pm

X-CrAzYkOoL-X wrote:and the video with the city map, what is it? i want to get it.

You can get it here and it's map 09.
Nightmare Doom

Postby X-CrAzYkOoL-X » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:52 pm

thanks , nightmare.
X-CrAzYkOoL-X

Postby DavidB1000 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Okay, this is weird, I keep getting a bunch of errors. It loads and all that, but I get a boat load of errors about unknown class.
Did it get corrupted somehow? I'll download it again. This weird.

Errors like unknown class minirocketbox.
Well, so far it seems to be running. But even after I downloaded it again, it still gives me these errors. I even upgraded to the newest Zdoom SVN and I still get tons of errors. :( What the hell is going on here?

I also see a lot of errors like unknown class 0, about 150 of them, and a couple of unknown class null, and a unknown class zzzzz. Unknown class bishopsmoke, skeletonspawnersmoke, superimpclaw, etc.
This is weird. I mean, it still runs, but it's like the files have been corrupted.
Oh, great, now even autoaim is broken! Even at 5000, or always, I never autoaim. This is great! Even more of a challenge. :) also, a bad thing.
Last edited by DavidB1000 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DavidB1000
I need Scissors! 61!

Postby Project Dark Fox » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:46 pm

DavidB1000 wrote:Okay, this is weird, I keep getting a bunch of errors. It loads and all that, but I get a boat load of errors about unknown class.
Did it get corrupted somehow? I'll download it again. This weird.

Errors like unknown class minirocketbox.
Well, so far it seems to be running. But even after I downloaded it again, it still gives me these errors. I even upgraded to the newest Zdoom SVN and I still get tons of errors. :( What the hell is going on here?

I also see a lot of errors like unknown class 0, about 150 of them, and a couple of unknown class null, and a unknown class zzzzz. Unknown class bishopsmoke, skeletonspawnersmoke, superimpclaw, etc.
This is weird. I mean, it still runs, but it's like the files have been corrupted.

Confirmed.
Project Dark Fox
Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant

Postby DavidB1000 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:46 pm

Is Autoaim broken for you as well? Because it doesn't work for me at all.
DavidB1000
I need Scissors! 61!

Postby Project Dark Fox » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:31 pm

I never use autoaim so i wouldn't know.
Project Dark Fox
Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant

Postby Arch-Valentine » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:41 pm

I don't see the Chaos Spellbook in the 4.21 changelog so I assume it didn't make it into this patch. :( Ah well, so far I'm liking the fixes. Also I seem to be getting more varied boss monsters now...maybe I'm on a lucky roll :) Oh and I finally picked up teh Heavy Rocket Launcher...wow that thing is awesome.
Arch-Valentine

Next

Return to Projects