[Community Project] 20 Monsters Challenge [RELEASED!]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
isaacpop23

Re: 20 Monsters Challenge

Post by isaacpop23 »

Lud wrote: - isaaacpop23
Sorry to nitpick, but it only has two a's, not three.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Name: Crimes
Music: "first level" from Fears (Amiga ver.) by Mathieu Berthaud
Replaces: MAP01
Format: UDMF
Extra Notes: Map may contain Crimes.
Download: Dropbox
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

I noticed my map wasn't in the OP so here's a proper post of my submission, with all required info. I will blank the other one and refer to this one.

Map Name: Underglow
MIDI: Digital Onslaught by Dan Terminus
Replaces: MAP03 of DOOM2.WAD
Format: GZDoom UDMF
Extra notes: I had fun making this... you guys are probably gonna think I'm on crack or something. Lots of colored lighting is used. It won't look very good in ZDoom.

Download: Mediafire
Last edited by Nevander on Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

@lil'devil: Alright, I'll remove your other entry and give you another chance. And this competition is for best map. Next one I make might be a community project.

@isaacpop23: Phone typo. Sorry.

@Kinsie: lol'd at "Map may contain Crimes."

@Nevander: Darn, sorry mate, I remember you posted something but I forgot it was the map.

@Everyone: Submissions have been accepted and added to the list.

Extra note: Thanks to Kinsie and Nevander for boldening the submissions form and adding refined links. It saved me a lot of clicks. I do appreciate that little thing.

EDIT: Added a F.A.Q.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Oh this isn't a community project, fair enough.

I could always compile the maps if need be though.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I see the sad expressions when I tell people this isn't a community project and I'm wondering if I can't do anything about that.

The solution I can think of is that each person picks a slot now (something that should have been done since the beginning). After the deadline I will go through each map and compile them somehow. Much like what the guys who made ZPack did. I don't wanna bother you with that, Jimmy, but I greatly appreciate the helping hand attitude. :)

Alright, so it's settled.

THIS IS NOW A COMMUNITY PROJECT! PICK A SLOT FROM 1 TO 32 (if you are making MAP15, make sure to add an exit to the secret). Because we are looking for action specials compatibility, UDMF is now mandatory. Unless Hexen has the same action special numbers has UDMF. In that case, Hexen can also be used.

Oh, God, this is so embarrassing...seems like I can't make up my mind or something. First time I'm making something like this. Sorry for the failgasms.

EDIT: I am also scrapping the one-entry-per-person limit! Entries already submitted thus far will be moved to a slot of your choice! Don't worry, I'll be doing that. But it'll be easier if in the future you map for the slot you've picked. The submissions form will stay! (Except Replaces, which is now Slot) I will simply move the information to a text file which will then be shipped with the main download.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Alright, after ten thousand edits, I'm doubleposting to say that this is final. What you read in the post before this one is what you'll need to do. I need to run for uni. Back later, folks.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

I have an idea for MAP30. Can I take it?
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Sure. Any slot that's not taken is yours, if you can do it before the deadline.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Oh, that's great. As I put the music for map 02, I'll take the slot 02, so I'll update the map tonight. And for my videos, I will upload 3 maps in order of submission.
lil'devil

Post by lil'devil »

I'll take slot 01. My map will probably be a pistol-only map.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

I have no idea where mine should go since it was made prior to the swap to pick your slot. It's small and short so anywhere from map 3 to 5 I guess.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

I imagine each map change should enforce a pistol start, really.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

My map is really easy,so you can put it in a slot between one and six.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

ZioMcCall wrote:My map is really easy,so you can put it in a slot between one and six.
I think it could be in between map 06 to 11, for the theme of the map, you know. And the one that Gothic made is definitely in between 21-29.

Return to “Levels”