Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
StarController

Re: Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod [0.10.0 Beta]

Post by StarController »

Azalius wrote:Ok. My ability to save and load characters is completely FUBAR.
Do I need to just outright delete my .ini and start from scratch or is there something less nuclear I can resort to?
Give us some deets here: Your game runs normally, you can load your wad, and the RPG mod, and everything works, but your character saving fails? Or character saving says it works, but loading fails?

With no information to go on, scrapping your whole directory, downloading new copies of everything should fix any corruption that's crept in, and update you at the same time.

Deleting your ini would just remove all your custom keybindings and your current character progress, i think. If you can load a game and play properly, then all the data stored there should be intact.
Azalius

Post by Azalius »

Or character saving says it works, but loading fails?
This. I also proceeded to update to the June 17th build, overwriting all files replaced. Some things are wonky now, though, like I think the loot tables are messed again (found Nuclear Powerboots in a Common crate) and using stims to enhance stats results in massive stats boosts after expiring (I'm talking going from 30 Strength to 150) and I have no idea if that comes from the possibility that I should just be clearing the entire Doom RPG directory when updating or if that's just bugs no one else caught?
Tranthula

Post by Tranthula »

Azalius wrote:This. I also proceeded to update to the June 17th build, overwriting all files replaced. Some things are wonky now, though, like I think the loot tables are messed again (found Nuclear Powerboots in a Common crate) and using stims to enhance stats results in massive stats boosts after expiring (I'm talking going from 30 Strength to 150) and I have no idea if that comes from the possibility that I should just be clearing the entire Doom RPG directory when updating or if that's just bugs no one else caught?
I explained in a earlier reply about finding armors/boots in weird places. Too lazy to go dig it up but I'll say quick that if you have lets say, Angelic Boots, it will be without a doubt that you will find Angelic Armor in the first crate you find. That goes with any set of armor. Or you just got very lucky.

As stat boosts for stims go, do you mean that you still have the boosted stats AFTER the stim expires?
Azalius

Post by Azalius »

Tranthula wrote:As stat boosts for stims go, do you mean that you still have the boosted stats AFTER the stim expires?
Worse than that, they seemed to multiple my stats after it expired, hence me going from 30 strength to 150, and yes, that happened after the stim expired.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Finishing any level with wadsmoosh and the latest wadsmoosh patch with drla causes a large amount of Runaway script monsterinit consistently.
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

Anyone else experiencing the odd glitch that removes some of your hud at the start of a map? The modules, health, and credits icons disappear entirely. Says something about runaway script with turrets. I'll have to screenshot it next time it happens.
PerilousPear

Post by PerilousPear »

Anyways, I've experimented a bit, and every time I pick the "kill reinforcements" mission, I get the runaway script error on the level after that. Kill, Kill Auras, Assassination, Find Secrets and Find Items missions seem to be working fine.

Is there a way to increase weapon, mod pack and armor carrying capacity? No matter how much I up the capacity skill, they stay the same...
Tranthula

Post by Tranthula »

Someone64 wrote:Finishing any level with wadsmoosh and the latest wadsmoosh patch with drla causes a large amount of Runaway script monsterinit consistently.
PerilousPear wrote:Anyways, I've experimented a bit, and every time I pick the "kill reinforcements" mission, I get the runaway script error on the level after that. Kill, Kill Auras, Assassination, Find Secrets and Find Items missions seem to be working fine.

Is there a way to increase weapon, mod pack and armor carrying capacity? No matter how much I up the capacity skill, they stay the same...
Runaway scripts are being looked at, as I have already submitted these bugs to subenji, the person working on DRPG.

As far as increasing weapon, modpack, and armor capacity for DoomRLA, they will always stay the same. Weapons at 6, packs at 4, and armor is I think 4 or 6. Now, to bypass this, just store things in your locker, and take it out when needed.
Doomguy914 wrote:Anyone else experiencing the odd glitch that removes some of your hud at the start of a map? The modules, health, and credits icons disappear entirely. Says something about runaway script with turrets. I'll have to screenshot it next time it happens.
Screenshots are helpful. Keep around saves also, subenji might need of your saved games maybe.
Tanksy

Post by Tanksy »

The problem my friend was having with his game freezing not long after starting may be related to his processor -- He has an AMD Phenom II or whatever it's called -- that broken one that doesn't work for many things. (The most recent being EDF). Another possibility is that his graphics card doesn't support OpenGL 3.0, but this doesn't explain how he could play fine beforehand (which is why we're putting it down to a problem with the recent updates)

The annoying thing is, due to the way his game crashes there's no errors and nothing printed to console because the game just freezes up and stops responding.
AlumiuN

Post by AlumiuN »

Tanksy wrote:The problem my friend was having with his game freezing not long after starting may be related to his processor -- He has an AMD Phenom II or whatever it's called -- that broken one that doesn't work for many things. (The most recent being EDF). Another possibility is that his graphics card doesn't support OpenGL 3.0, but this doesn't explain how he could play fine beforehand (which is why we're putting it down to a problem with the recent updates)

The annoying thing is, due to the way his game crashes there's no errors and nothing printed to console because the game just freezes up and stops responding.
Two things -

1. I have a Phenom II (specifically an X4 965) and while I do get occasional freezes, they're almost certainly not related to the CPU, even though I'm running 0.9.14 and not 0.10.
2. If his graphics card is doesn't support OpenGL 3.0, the game won't start at all.
TheGmanID

Post by TheGmanID »

Something really weird has happened, I was playing this wad a couple months ago when the sound messed up after launching it one time, the sound of picking up credits had this weird kind of echo and pitch to it and the outpost music is near silent, I've yet to be able to fix this.
I've reinstalled Doom, the wad, the launcher, Gzdoom, nothing fixes it.
Nothing is wrong with my headset (and I've tried multiple) and I have no issues on any other games or wads.

I know this is super vague, but there really isn't much else I can add, does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to fix it and what could've broken it in the first place? Seriously, that outpost music is nearly completely in-audible.
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

I think I found an incompatibility with spawn multiplier mods and the summon skills. I summoned a Cyberdemon to help clear out a horde of enemies I couldn't handle on my own. At first it worked fine, but after about 30 seconds, the Cyberdemon turned hostile and tried to kill me. Not only that, but it also multiplied itself into several copies, which were also hostile. I know the latter problem has to do with the spawn multiplier mod I'm using, but why would it turn hostile after a short time?

I found another glitch subsequently. I was playing this mod with a custom wad, and after moving on to the second map, I realized that I could no longer bring up any of the DRPG screens. Neither the stats screen nor the shop would come up for me. I could hear the audio cue, but they were invisible. I reloaded my save from right before exiting map 1, did the map transition again, and the same thing happened. So I tried running DRPG in vanilla Doom 2, and used CHANGEMAP MAP02, and the glitch did not occur. I tried running the custom wad again, warped to the second map, and the glitch did not occur then either. It only happens after I've cleared the map and try to go to the second map normally, as well as if I try to warp to the UAC base after clearing a map, but it happens every single time. In addition, normally when I start map01 of Doom 2, I get a rank increase notification. This does not happen when starting up any other wad.

Update: OK I finally figured it out. The second glitch is also caused by the spawn multiplier I was using. I disabled it and DRPG ran fine. I think the scripts were conflicting.
GuardStrike

Post by GuardStrike »

Anyone know how the new payout system works? A notification pops up in-game that looks like a PDA saying "PP" on it and I have no idea what that even means.

I don't even know how to accept my payout since it says "ready" whenever I open up the in-game menu to apply stat boosts and the like. I just wish I had an in-game tutorial or something for this mod.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

GuardStrike wrote:Anyone know how the new payout system works? A notification pops up in-game that looks like a PDA saying "PP" on it and I have no idea what that even means.
The PP was supposed to be part of the new system, but that aspect was never fully implemented before Kyle pushed his last commit and took a break from the project.
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

Wasn't there supposed to be a section of the Doom RPG wiki that covered RLA and had a list of assemblies? I spent the past few minutes searching through it, but I can't seem to find that section. The last time I saw it mentioned in this thread was Oct 2015.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”