GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
MaxED

Re: GZDoom Builder 2.3

Post by MaxED »

Sandro wrote:That's not what I meant. If you create two sectors and modify their offset (but to the same value so they are identical) the tool will not select the second sector...
illuknisaa wrote:I think the "make brightness gradient" is bugged.
Fixed.
dbj87jb

Post by dbj87jb »

Any idea what this means? Trying to add a custom Monster to the resources, to test it and this is the 7th time the builder has crashed with this error...

Code: Select all

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
GZDB: R2657

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Config.ThingTypeInfo.SetupSpriteFrame() in x:\Source\Core\Config\ThingTypeInfo.cs:line 546
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Data.DataManager.LoadThingSprites() in x:\Source\Core\Data\DataManager.cs:line 1509
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Data.DataManager.Load(DataLocationList configlist, DataLocationList maplist) in x:\Source\Core\Data\DataManager.cs:line 428
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Data.DataManager.Load(DataLocationList configlist, DataLocationList maplist, DataLocation maplocation) in x:\Source\Core\Data\DataManager.cs:line 305
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.ReloadResources() in x:\Source\Core\General\MapManager.cs:line 2248
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.ShowMapOptions() in x:\Source\Core\General\MapManager.cs:line 2371
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin() in x:\Source\Core\Actions\Action.cs:line 256
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.BeginActionByKey(Int32 key, Boolean repeated) in x:\Source\Core\Actions\ActionManager.cs:line 557
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.KeyPressed(Int32 key) in x:\Source\Core\Actions\ActionManager.cs:line 496
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.MainForm_KeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e) in x:\Source\Core\Windows\MainForm.cs:line 1431
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.display_PreviewKeyDown(Object sender, PreviewKeyDownEventArgs e) in x:\Source\Core\Windows\MainForm.cs:line 1527
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPreviewKeyDown(PreviewKeyDownEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessControlMessageInternal(Control target, Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
Gez

Post by Gez »

It has a problem setting up the sprite for this custom monster. It'd be useful to know some details about the monster's DECORATE code (are you using //$Sprite or not?) and its sprite lumps.
Albertoni

Post by Albertoni »

Hello, I have a little bug report!

The sector search is broken:
Open a map, either Boom or UDMF format (didn't test with others), press F3, select Sector Effect and search for 9 (secret effect). Every single sector will be shown. Same happens to all other effects I tested.

I tried to see if this was already reported but couldn't find anything, so sorry if this is a repost.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Albertoni wrote:The sector search is broken.
Fixed.
dbj87jb wrote:Any idea what this means?
No idea. I'll need to see your custom monster DECORATE and sprites.
everennui

Post by everennui »

I'm having an issue with Sound Propagation Mode in the last few builds. I'm not sure if it's my map or what's going on, but I did check it in another map and it worked fine.

Here is the most recent build's crash report. It happens when I try to go into Sound Propagation Mode.

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
GZDB: R2659

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.SoundPropagationMode.SoundPropagationDomain.CreateSoundPropagationDomain(Sector sourcesector) in x:\Source\Plugins\SoundPropagationMode\SoundPropagationDomain.cs:line 63
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.SoundPropagationMode.SoundPropagationDomain..ctor(Sector sector) in x:\Source\Plugins\SoundPropagationMode\SoundPropagationDomain.cs:line 41
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.SoundPropagationMode.SoundPropagationMode.UpdateSoundPropagation() in x:\Source\Plugins\SoundPropagationMode\SoundPropagationMode.cs:line 134
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.SoundPropagationMode.SoundPropagationMode.Highlight(Sector s) in x:\Source\Plugins\SoundPropagationMode\SoundPropagationMode.cs:line 100
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.SoundPropagationMode.SoundPropagationMode.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e) in x:\Source\Plugins\SoundPropagationMode\SoundPropagationMode.cs:line 383
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.display_MouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) in x:\Source\Core\Windows\MainForm.cs:line 1244
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I also get this under errors and warnings: SoundPropagationMode: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Curious. This crash can happen only when one of highlighted sector sidedefs is not attached to a linedef. I guess I'll need to see your map, because that's not how sidedefs are supposed to work.
Chl

Post by Chl »

Bug; dragging a 2 sided line over a 1 sided in vertex mode breaks the sector again.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Fixed.
everennui

Post by everennui »

camaxide

Post by camaxide »

I get this when trying to save the file:

mscorlib: An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file.

Full error message is:
Spoiler:
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

everennui wrote:I'm having an issue with Sound Propagation Mode in the last few builds.
Fixed. The crash was caused by single-sided lines with only back sidedef attached.
Which raises the question: are such lines actually required for anything, or should I add some logic to flip them on map loading / modify "Flip Linedef" action to only flip them to point "correct" (front side only) way?
camaxide wrote:I get this when trying to save the file
Not sure what's going on here. I've added some debug code right before this crash happens, so if this happens again, the exception should contain more details... So, your goal is to make it crash again and post the new error message :)
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

MaxED wrote:The crash was caused by single-sided lines with only back sidedef attached.
Which raises the question: are such lines actually required for anything, or should I add
some logic to flip them on map loading / modify "Flip Linedef" action to only flip them to
point "correct" (front side only) way?
I was wondering how it is possible to get such linedefs, which made me experiment a bit and I came up with this scenario
Spoiler:
While employing Make Sectors Mode in everennui's map fixes the sidedness, it does not fix all linedefs shown in the video-clip. An additional check for such linedefs would be good.
everennui

Post by everennui »

Thank you. I wasn't sure what all that sidedef/linedef stuff was, but Kappes Buur's video made it more clear. The notches shouldn't point into the void. I'm still a bit of a noob, but I'm learning new stuff every day. Thank you so much. I want to try it right now, but I gotta go to the laundromat :/.

Addendum: It works now even with my sidefs screwed up. I know there's a way to find specific linedefs, but I don't remember how. Is there also a way to go to whatever the issue is directly from the errors and warnings menu? I thought I saw someone do that. I can see how it's good practice to point the linedef notch toward the map, if not only to learn good vanilla rules. There's a lot of stuff that UDMF lets you get away with when compared to Doom format I've noticed.
illuknisaa

Post by illuknisaa »

I got this when trying to save my map:
Spoiler:
I'm also getting this in errors and warnings:

System: Vain osa ReadProcessMemory- tai WriteProcessMemory-pyynnöstä suoritettiin
translation:
vain osa = only part of
tai = or
pyynnöstä suoritettiin = call was executed
I tried to save after making this script:

script 16 OPEN 
{
	Delay (35);
	Thing_Activate (90);
	Delay (35);
		Thing_Activate (91);
	Delay (35);
		Thing_Activate (92);
	Delay (35);
		Thing_Activate (93);

}
If you want the map (its a 200mb file) where this error happens post a reply within 8h, after that I can't reply for another 10-12h.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”