[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Orka

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Orka »

I made a minigun thing from the Duke Nukem devastator and from a chaingun that I found in a Doom mod called "Equinox".
Made in Doom palette.
Last edited by Orka on Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RSSwizard

Post by RSSwizard »

The Angled BFG there is awesome. It might be the equivalent of a dirty wireframe but its still a reference model to paint over. Im sure somebody will make a usable version.

Thanks ALOT for that centered Q2 Railgun. Though that isnt how id imagine a railgun would fire (still works excellent for a Particle Beam Accelerator tho). I guess the tube can have anything placed in it, whats important is the architecture.

I modded the D64 arachnotron rip, changed the color a little (reddish brown light shading instead of blue). The idea is to replace the Spider Mastermind with it. No gatling gun this time, instead it shoots dual high powered plasma shots (green) and scatters them around a tiny bit. Up close it opens up full blast with mancubus style sprays of fireballs (or micro missiles?) but continuous rather than a short set so it just annihlates anything close like a flamethrower. Thinking of applying positive scaling actually, making it maybe 1.1 or 1.15 size since the spites are abit larger than the standard arachnotron, making it just a tiny bit larger will make it seem much larger than the usual one.

I can definitely see a largish size critter like this still having a good 3000hp to it, might not be as big as the normal mastermind but its harder, thicker skinned, tougher metal. Given the damage output im not sure it will stand up against the Cyber in a duel, but oh well, it should still be just as dangerous to the player up close (im making the shots cause light explosive damage).

Got the sprites in a wad already, the attachment is a preview. No decorate code yet, I just wanted to get the critter set straight first before I start that.
Attachments
D64ArachSample.png
D64ArachSample.png (34.62 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
01Spid.wad
(241.62 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Below average double barreled chaingun. Credit to Neccronixis for the Doom 2016 sprites.
Use for a turret or something, I dunno.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Here's something that's actually double barreled, because mini guns have many barrels. :P

enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Here's something that's actually double barreled, because mini guns have many barrels. :P

*12 barreled

My bad :P
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

SmarineS wrote:I made a minigun thing from the Duke Nukem devastator and from a chaingun that I found in a Doom mod called "Equinox".
Made in Doom palette.
Nice touch on that pickup sprite's barrel. except the hud one, though.
Minigunner

Post by Minigunner »

RE: responses to my rant last page:
Captain J, Don't feel like you have to discredit yourself or move everything over to a new thread. Really, I'd just like to see an improvement in the model ripping posted here, as it currently seems like a meaningless dump instead of something that can be used in a mod. At least your screencaps have the potential to be edited enough for use, like Railgunner said.
I think I might get a tutorial set up for doing weapon renders (with Blender, which is what I use). It'd certainly help those who have the capacity to do good renders but can't figure out/afford the proper software.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I see, and yes. That would be the best, then.

EDIT:
Phalanx T-3 Service Fundamental Rifle.PNG
I did my best this time, and always will... And i'm sorry again if it's not enough.

Original by SparkyPillow at Sketchfab.com.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

enderkevin13 wrote: *12 barreled

My bad :P
3.5² barreled!
nakkemake

Post by nakkemake »

Captain J wrote:I see, and yes. That would be the best, then.

EDIT:
Phalanx T-3 Service Fundamental Rifle.PNG
I did my best this time, and always will... And i'm sorry again if it's not enough.

Original by SparkyPillow at Sketchfab.com.
I wish people would use different kind of hands. That hand (which is used most of the time) looks very odd, especially the thumb.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

IF, someone can make even more of hand sprites. That would be so cool.

Soooooo cool...

EDIT:
Sigh. Good concept, bad edit. My bad. Anyway Re-Editing before use is advised!

Original by Rayco Haex at Sketchfab.com.
RSSwizard

Post by RSSwizard »

The results for the BFG10K equipped spider mastermind (from the d64arachno) turned out brilliant.

BTS pal compatible, three frames for the projectile (ripped from a d64 fireball impact). Recolored smooth doom explosion (its from smooth doom I believe?). For the last 3 frames the translucency switches from add to standard and then becomes increasingly transparent.

The iterative forced scaling on the explosion sprite size at every tic also works really good, I mean really good for the standard vanilla style shell explosion. It almost looks like a shockwave.

The spider shoots 2 at a time at 6 and -6 offset and they combine pretty well, there isnt really a gap between the projectiles.
Spoiler:
The code ive got for it
Spoiler:
CWolf

Post by CWolf »

I hate myself...

Don't ask...
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

CWolf wrote:I hate myself...

Don't ask...
Where is the eye
becuase if those 2 green things are the eye then you are doing it wrong
other than that is scary
Last edited by Redead-ITA on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

There's very little "wrong" when it comes to art.

Return to “General”