GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ZZYZX

Re: GZDoom Builder 2.3

Post by ZZYZX »

This line is handled REALLY inadequately:
http://i.imgur.com/Hv7UQyZ.png

When you draw anything that touches it, all linedefs of the new shape will be ONE-SIDED, except those that directly merge with this line, like so:

All geometry around it is also then broken recursively, like all lines start to reference the largest sector around or smth.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Version: 2.3.0.2638
Copying and pasting whole sector structures with mid-textures (2-sided) still removes the textures and you have to readd them. This also happens when moving sectors (drag and drop), all 2-sided mid-textures get removed. I also noticed that moving vertices makes this happen, it doesn't even remove the texture but also make an impassible line automatically passible.
Chl

Post by Chl »

Um guys, Max knows about this and has been trying to fix it for some time now. Just check his latest posts.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

It's good to put a little pressure. But not too much. ;) I think MaxEd fixed this in a recent updated (R2638). I'll see if this indeed fixes it.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Hellser wrote:I think MaxEd fixed this in a recent updated (R2638). I'll see if this indeed fixes it.
It's nothing about pressure, it's simply that the bug isn't fixed in the latest version, that's why I post this.
blood

Post by blood »

I confirm it's not fixed, so now he is alerted, let's wait.
boris

Post by boris »

Latest version crashes when trying to compile a script after creating a new map and not having it saved yet. It passes an empty string to Path.GetDirectoryName in compilers/AccCompiler.cs, line 109, and that throws an exception ("Path has invalid format").
Spoiler:
MTrop

Post by MTrop »

R2638 (or a recent version) broke ACS script #include directives. Path resolution no longer resolves to paths inside included resources, and if it checks for more than one location for the path, a failure on ANY of those locations results in a compiler error, when it should be a failure on ALL of them resulting in an error.
Breezeep

Post by Breezeep »

Strangely, on R2639 of GZDoom builder, an error pops up at random whenever I try to undo something.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Moar details ples...
simc

Post by simc »

Two comments about the behavior of r2639/2638.

DRAGGING AND DROPPING SECTORS:

If you move a sector over an other sector (so that their linedefs cross each other) the underneath leaving parts of the original structure are removed.
Spoiler:
But could there be an alternative way of not loosing any linedefs? Keep everything but just add new sectors and vertices to the linedef crossings? Lots of my editing has been combining separately made ceiling structures with floor structures.

----------------------------
SECTOR VALIDITY?:

If you move a linedef going through an other line GZDB now automaticly adds a vertex to the crossing point and renumbers the sidedef sector references. But now editing any traditional special effects (invisible walkways and such) is quite impossible. Dragging and dropping lines or vertices will renumber the sidedef sector numbers instantly. Could this feature be switched off temporarily?

(EDIT: I don't want to make demands or create pressure with this. If this is the new system then all right.)
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Small bug here: When in 3D mode, pressing the keys assigned to Grid Increase/Decrease will change the grid size. (I have the [ ] keys set up to change floor/ceiling heights in 3D mode.)
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Grid size is actually used in Visual mode. There are "Move texture offsets by grid size" actions, Ctrl-Shift-dragging textures also change offsets by grid size, "Move Things" actions also change things position by grid size.
Sandro

Post by Sandro »

I found a weird behavior concerning joined sectors:

1) Create two sectors and join them.
2) Create a new sector inside one of them.
3) Now the first two sectors aren't joined anymore...

I guess that is not intentional, right?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

It's intentional.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”