[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Blooskull - E1M2 Week 1 is already taken by Nightmare!and E1M4 Week 2 by NMN! Choose other slots please!

@Risen - Done, every map is assigned to you and your Team for Week 4 part 1! I hope you can keep with the time!

@Krillancello - Please get this thing done finally! We need a working ftp to get the thing done before3 the deadline and we need all the users to be able to get their maps and wads when they need them! This is important now, so we really need to rely on you and your server!

@NMN & Attention: Finally, news from ellmo :) This is pleasing me! Concerning the size of the map: It got to cramped right now and to be honest, that Lee Szymanski part is not necassary at all. Beyond that, it is full of bugs, problems, wrong tagging and misalignments and would cause the one who is continueing on that map more work then we can do in the two weeks of extra detailing. So cut it out. I think it is already enough work to even fix up and clean the complete rest of the map (sometimes it is hard to find out what to do next, maybe some "Marine Messages" would help here very well!) ... and by the way: What is so great about Lee Szymanski? Never heard of him before!

@Risen - That would be something I could cope with, putting the LS Part into E1M1 for instance, this one is still a bit too small and some areas of it are too boring to be left in the final (but thx god I will work on it ;))
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

By the way, I set up several important rules for Round 3, so please read and follow them as they are direct instructions from me!

- On every wednesday and saturday of the weeks, mappers have to upload screenshots of their work in progress (just in Week 1+2 if persons don't work on the map structure on 3+4)
- On every wednesday and friday of wvery week, mappers have to upload the latest version of the map to the ftp, so other users can download them and look for bugs, neither they are visual or gameplay issues!
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

ATTN:
Confusion is my name:
Give me e1m6 for this week. As Tormentor instructs, I'll cut the Lee Szymanski part out and leave e1m6 as it remained before uploading. I'll then finish the map as it remains without adding new details.

Tormentor-Lee Szymanski made Alien Vendetta map 06, particapated in Darkening 2 and... I believe that's enough to show You all that he is one of the Doom gods.

About Lee Szymanski's map-I believe it would be a shame if it got wasted, but such is life. I waste it :( now, the version of e1m6 rite now is obsolete, so let me finish the right one (right one means-without Szymanski's area). Cheers.
Ninja_of_DooM

Post by Ninja_of_DooM »

Heh, Torm, I hate to say this but I don't think E1M8 can possibly take anymore detailing. I palyed it today and I can't see anything that I can think of improving in any way, and anything that's gone in already is more or less what I would have done myself.;) I think it's done with detailing TBH.:p
Risen

Post by Risen »

NMN: We're not wasting it... send Lee's map fragment to Tormentor to include in M1 instead.

Tormentor: Page 171 is disappearing fast... could you put this timetable on page 1?

Our team will be very thorough! I will ask each member to keep that week clear of other obligations. If there is anyone else willing to help co-op test that has strong experience in this, I will coordinate it; please contact me.

Our weekday test time will be between 18:00 and 23:00, GMT -5 (EST). The weekend will be more flexible. We will arrange as necessary when we move closer to test time.
Last edited by Risen on Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

If he's already deleted it, I have it saved on my hard drive from when I wanted to take a snap at it.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@NoD - Then, choose another slot!

@Risen - I'm okay with that, will do it right now! (btw, it is already linked!)
Ninja_of_DooM

Post by Ninja_of_DooM »

OK Torm, here's the changes. Could you put me in for E1M9 for #1 & #3 please and remove me from E1M8 altogether? Thanks.
Risen wrote:Tormentor: Page 171 is disappearing fast... could you put this timetable on page 1?
It would also be very useful to have this under the tabel too.
Tormentor667 wrote:By the way, I set up several important rules for Round 3, so please read and follow them as they are direct instructions from me!

- On every wednesday and saturday of the weeks, mappers have to upload screenshots of their work in progress (just in Week 1+2 if persons don't work on the map structure on 3+4)
- On every wednesday and friday of wvery week, mappers have to upload the latest version of the map to the ftp, so other users can download them and look for bugs, neither they are visual or gameplay issues!
Last edited by Ninja_of_DooM on Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@NoD - Okay, I am done with that! Put also some more info on the 1st page towards this!

@NMN - Still waitng for the grenade launcher pics for comparisation so we can pick the best variant!

####IMPORTANT####
####IMPORTANT####
####IMPORTANT####

It is very likely that I won't be here for a few days due to several changes in my job, so I just wanted to say, how this will turn right now: Upload all your MAPS IN PROGRESS (persons like NMN, Nighty, etc.) to the ftp until sunday, so RISEN can adjust them so they will work fine with the intermission system. On monday, get your asses off and start working on the maps you have been assigned to! Don't be lazy, don't be inaccurate and don't be out of time, if you have to upload your work! You are the best of the best concerning ZDoom and - to keep a certain seriousity - we must keep our times and our deadline! Now we have HYPE, so don't lose this!
If there are problems with the server, contact KRILLANCELLO as soon as possible (@Krill - Please make backups of the server as often as possible!), if there are problems concerning your map, contact the person which worked on it before if possible. If there are questions left open, ask me here or via PN if this isn't meant for the public zdoomers!
And now, get startet, and may the force be with you!!!!

####IMPORTANT####
####IMPORTANT####
####IMPORTANT####
Last edited by Tormentor667 on Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ninja_of_DooM

Post by Ninja_of_DooM »

OK-Dokee, grabbing the new files then.:)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

BTW, Buglist.txt is messed, check E1M4 and you will see what I mean! Anywhere a working version?
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Hmm, not to be picky, but I would still ike to submit an E1 room if possible :P
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

##### IMPORTANT #####
##### IMPORTANT #####
##### IMPORTANT #####

2 more things, which are heavily important and are still not clear:

1. The style of printed text messages heavily variies throughout the maps, so I consider a certain consistency. As base, we should use the way, NMN behaved with printed messages (check E1M4 and E1M6 for demo). If you work on your maps, alter the messages ingame and in the map in the style of NMNs maps!
2. I found out, that we happen to get several unique and new puzzle quests which is not typical for Doom. Some maps are the simple "search key open door style", others are much more complicated (soulsphere secret in E1M3, quests and doors in E1M4 and E1M5) and this makes it even more complicated. And that's why I consider the following thing: We need to create a new DECORATE object for doom, something equal to the particle effects and raising sparks in Heretic and Hexen (teleporter) so we can marke objects, (like terminals, batteries, or just other puzzle stuff in secrets) making them easier to see! I thought about one object which creates twinkeling and glittering small stars around the spot it has been placed (maybe with a radius of 16, width and height!) so you can mark your "special activators" with these things. It isn't fun to search and search for terminals if you need them somehow so please someone create the small DECORATE item with sprites, so we all can place them in Week 1-4!
Here is something which might help creating the object:

##### IMPORTANT #####
##### IMPORTANT #####
##### IMPORTANT #####
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Kirby - Feel free to do it!
Risen

Post by Risen »

I do not think that we need this object marker. I don't think it will look very good, and it will hurt the atmosphere. It will feel like another game.

Upload your maps by Saturday. I plan to adjust them on Saturday or Sunday.

Return to “Levels”