[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Nmn wrote:I was sick when I've seen comments on DW saying "I played the maps, they're ok".
rofl that sucks :evil:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@All - I asked for Bloodskull to participate because I like his style and about the level of detail: I think he can handle that. Right now, I plan how the following weeks will look like till the end of february, so everyone gets his task for the last few weeks before the release. Just needs some overview, so wait a few hours till I have it :)

@NMN - I'd be happy to be as frequent as before, but due to 2 big problems I encountered (the pc problem in the end of decembre and some personal big bad thing right now) I can't concentrate all my motivation and power into this. Forgive me, but I there is no other chance to do something about it right now.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

So who takes which map?

Torm-I know what You mean. Real Life is a pain >_<

Testz0r:
Last edited by Nmn on Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Risen

Post by Risen »

Life gets you sometimes.
Don't worry about it. We're with you, Torm.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Round 3 - The Final Big Thing
Introduction:
Okay, progress now heavily slowed down and I have this special "Mordeth" feeling right now, which makes me really upset, so this is the point, where I need to force a final step towards the release of our amazing project.
In the last few days we had some major changes on the end of Round 2 which still is running: 3 new/old members are recruited, Vile1011, Bloodskull and NinjaOfDoom are in now, power and work, we need to get the thing done (as Nightmare already pointed out!). Included are also the other persons which still work hard in round 2 on their maps: NMN, Risen, Nightmare, BioHazard and myself. This makes a total of 8 persons at all, 8 persons for 10 Maps plus the TITLEMAP, the CREDITMAP and the INTERMISSION map! Something we should be able to manage, shouldn't we? cccp_leha got out of Round 2 due to mapping block and timeproblems, so I don't consider him to work again in Round 3! Nothing about ellmo - unfortunately - ,he didn't reply to any email NMN and I sent him so I also consider him out.

What's left to do?
Well, we have a huge buglist first at all! All things we must fix at all will. Also, some maps are still not as well done as all the other work is, so we need to polish up things a bit (and after playing through the maps at all, you will know what I mean), other maps are visually finished but need heavy work on gameplay and coop-support, we also know which maps are meant with that.

So when do we start and when must this thing be finished? What are the .plans?
I set up a very strict and exact time-line for the upcoming few weeks and we must hold on to that! It IS important, if we want to release KDiZD before March 2005 (and this is what I aim at!) Round 3 will start on Monday, 24th of February. Before this Round 3 is going to start, everyone who is working on a map right now, has to upload his latest version of it (this means, every mapdate will be around January 17th till January 23th, the faster the better it is, except those maps, which nobody works on right now). On sunday, and the first day of Round 3, Risen gets time to incluide the intermission script to each and every map on the ftp server (EVERY, also E1M10), so every map works with the intermission and we don't need to touch that piece anymore! On the second day of Round 3, Week 1 starts, everyone can sign up right now, but consider to take those maps with low detail and few new stuff in them, this is the first detailing week! On the second mondy - just one week after the Round 3 start - the second detailing week starts, Week 2! Everyone can once more sign up for this (actually everyone out of the persons I listed for Round 3!), and once more, consider the lower quality maps (don't work on pieces like E1M5, prefer maps like E1M1!). After this second week, the first week of Gameplay & Monster setup starts, which means that we concentrate on placing items, monsters and work on the gameplay, heavy fine-tuning considering this piece of cake! Already we have to take an eye on the Coop Compatibility, but not that close at all. Then Week 4 starts, the first half of this week (Monday till Friday) is supposed for final Coop-Compatibility! Sign up for this, if you are skilled in doing Coop-Scripting and also able to test them Coop! The second half of this piece is the final testing phase, everyone in Round 3 gets all the files and plays through the thing (maybe also merging together all the files to have one piece at all), in this time, we also have to finish the MAPINFO and also the alternative "-no soundtrack version-" of our project (waves with no content as oggs, no music at all!) If everything works fine as it is planned now, we can release the piece of work on 21st, 22nd or 23rd of February which should be a fine date at all!

The Final Signup List

Code: Select all

####################
# ROUND 3 DATELIST #
####################

WEEK NO.        #1              #2              #3              #4a             #4b
DATE            24.01 - 30.01   31.01 - 06.02   07.02 - 13.02   14.02 - 18.02   19.02 - 20.02
THEME           DETAILING       DETAILING       GAMEPLAY        COOP-COMP       FIN.&BETATEST

E1M01           TORMENTOR667-   NIGHTMARE----   RISEN--------   RISEN--------   NINJAOFDOOM--
E1M02           NIGHTMARE----   -------------   -------------   RISEN--------   BLOODSKULL---
E1M03           NIGHTMARE----   NIGHTMARE----   -------------   RISEN--------   -------------
E1M04           VILE1011-----   -------------   VILE1011-----   RISEN--------   -------------	
E1M05           BLOODSKULL---   VILE1011-----   NIGHTMARE----   RISEN--------   NIGHTMARE----
E1M06           TORMENTOR667-   NINJAOFDOOM--   -------------   RISEN--------   RISEN--------
E1M07           RISEN--------   RISEN--------   -------------   RISEN--------   -------------
E1M08           -------------   -------------   -------------   RISEN--------   -------------
E1M09           NINJAOFDOOM--   BLOODSKULL---   NINJAOFDOOM--   RISEN--------   -------------
E1M10           RISEN--------   TORMENTOR667-   TORMENTOR667-   RISEN--------   -------------

TITLEMAP        NMN             NMN             NMN             NMN             NMN      
CREDITSMAP      BioHazard       Biohazard       Biohazard       BioHazard       BioHazard
INTERMISSION    Risen           Risen           Risen           Risen           Risen
So, here it is, sign up now!

Anything else we should know?
No apologies are accepted! Get the thing done! Oh and by the way, if you find something, I unfortunaterly forgot to mention, tell me! So, now, start to sign up and upload your maps right now!

Some more info on Round 3
I have put up a set of rules, so work will proceed faster and more efficiently, so read them and do so!:
- On every wednesday and saturday of the weeks, mappers have to upload screenshots of their work in progress (just in Week 1+2 if persons don't work on the map structure on 3+4)
- On every wednesday and friday of wvery week, mappers have to upload the latest version of the map to the ftp, so other users can download them and look for bugs, neither they are visual or gameplay issues!
Last edited by Tormentor667 on Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:29 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Week 2 E1M4?

I'll leave it up to you to decide whether I can satisfy that position or not Torm
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Kirby - I'm sorry, no! I already put up that list with mappers to work on Round 3! :|
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Self assignment
E1m6 will be done before end of week 1 (at least primarily).
My jobby:
week1 - e1m6
week2 - e1m4
week3 - whatever
week 4 - dunno
week 5 - ^

So I'm finishing e1m6 first week and e1m4 (what I've began must be done :rock: ) second week. Every1 ok with that?
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Tormentor667 wrote:Round 3 will start on Monday, 24th of February
Surely you mean January? :)

Anyway, put me down for E1M2 week 1, and E1M1 week 2. I'll decide what maps to work on in week 3 and 4 later ;).
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

I also have a plea for You guys.
Kick my ass!
Oo
yes, I'm a lazy SOB, send me mails, pms and things to keep my goddamn head on KDIZD rather than Twice Risen, Doom3TC, Haze and Blood2 TC. And do it at least daily. Plz, I see no other way to do it it seems and I must be focused on KDIZD.

Heh, wonder how I'll keep myself motivated on my own projects. I guess I'll keep a robot around that will slap me when I'm forgetin my work. :lol:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Nighty - Sure, sorry, will fix that :) BTW: What about E1M10? Do you work on that this week?

@NMN - *assigns* but please tell me maps for Week 4a/b and Week 3!
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

ok, week 3-e1m10, week 4 -e1m10 :biggrin:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@NMN - Sorry, /me was faster :) Just some hundreds of miliseconds, but faster :) Same goes to Nightmare, please choose your Week 4ab and Week 3 slots now!
Woolie Wool
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

I call E1M7!
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Not in the list!

Return to “Levels”