[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

*cough*
I could always give you a hand... I'm currently working on a little project of my own ATM. If you'd like to see it, PM me or something...
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

Why not just postpone the WAD? I can wait an extra month for this thing if it means it'll stay top quality. I'd rather do that then push it out the door quicker after patchworking it with mappers who did nothing for the project except for the last week or two.
Risen

Post by Risen »

Bio, Lexus is intentionally not reading this thread. If you want him, find him another way.

I also must scale my involvement back significantly due to personal reasons. I think pushing the deadline back is a better solution, but we need to get all the maps in one pleace so that they can all be worked on by people who do have time to do so. I'm not sure bringing new people in at this point is a good idea.
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

I appologize; I am also sick and tired of computer problems and my own haplessness. To make the long story short, here is E1M1, not as full as it could have been at this point in time. Hey, I tried.

E1M1.zip
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

You have managed to post this at 2:01 AM my time o_O
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Tormentor: well, there's shaviro, ReX, lu_wang, Agent Spork, Chris Hansen, chopkinsca, Sphagne, MasterOfPuppets, Kaiser, zarkyb, Virgil, SgtCrispy, hobomaster22...

Posting a few screens on WIP may also help generate a bit of extra interest :).
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Big News for today
Okay, deadline will be postponed to the 31st of January 2005, another one and a half month for us to get this thing finished! I took some time to put up another list with links and stuff to the list of maps, so we have yet another overview:

E1M1 (unfinished) - http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wmaiorov/ze1m1.zip
E1M2 (finished) - Link?
E1M3 (unfinished) - Ellmo has it
E1M4 (unfinished) - Link?
E1M5 (finished) - Link?
E1M6 (unfinished) - http://ccc.1asphost.com/Sonybono/ze1m6.zip22
E1M7 (unfinished) - Nightmare has it
E1M8 (finished) - http://home.arcor.de/tormentor667/kdizd ... -ze1m8.zip
E1M9 (unfinished) - BioHazard has it
E1M10 (unfinished) - Nightmare has it
Credits (unfinished) - BioHazard has it
Intermission (unfinished) - Risen has it

EDIT: ftp://66.27.139.97/zdoom/kdizd/ (most recent versions(?))

As you can see, there are several "Link?" entries, first at all to the finished E1M2 and E1M5, I actually need and don't have! Where are they? And who works on the unfinished E1M4 at the moment? For all the others: I would like to have some statement, how the developement proceeds and so on!

@Nightmare - Great names doubtlessly but I have the bad idea that most of them won't spend some time in our project. And about the WIP thing: I will consider this today!
Last edited by Tormentor667 on Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krillancello

Post by Krillancello »

I've decided to take this opportunity to start a kind of test for my FTP server. Within about the past hour or so, I've gone through the entire KDiZD thread in reverse order and downloaded the most recent available version of every development file I could to my server. The files are in a single directory which can be accessed from the address below, along with a filelist.txt file. This file lists the filename, a brief description, the time of the link being posted to the thread, the poster, and any comments I could find in Tormentor's project update posts (un/finished, who's working on it currently, whatever).

ftp://66.27.139.97/zdoom/kdizd/

As mentioned, this is to be a test of sorts. The test is to make sure there aren't any problems uploading to or downloading from my server. There shouldn't be any unless I somehow get more than 40 people trying to connect at one time, in which case you'll just have to wait for someone to disconnect. If, for some reason, someone does encounter a problem other than this, I encourage you to contact me about it via AIM, MSNIM, email or PM as soon as you can so I can see about fixing it. Again, for uploading the username and password are "ZDoom" and "ZD-Dev," respectively. (The comma is for proper punctuation, it's not part of the password. =_=)
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

What's your upload rate there?
I'll host the files if neccessary on my backbone(155Mbit)-connected server.
If you need it, that is.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Tormentor: well, speaking purely in terms of statistics, if we were to approach everyone I mentioned (and there are other people I didn't even mention, such as boris and codeimp), the chances of all of them saying no are rather small :).

E1M4: http://uk.geocities.com/nb_nmare/ze1m4.ZIP
E1M5: http://uk.geocities.com/nb_nmare/ze1m5.ZIP

Both have had some minor bug fixes done since I last uploaded them. The E1M4 teleporter bug is still present, since I couldn't figure out what's wrong with it. Also, I forgot to use a different nodebuilder on E1M5, so the polyobject doors are still screwed up - just run it through ZDBSP and it should be fine.

EDIT: oh yeah, currently working on the warehouse...
Last edited by NiGHTMARE on Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Krillancello - Thx alot for this :) Very kind of you to provide us with your server and all the files! Could you also upload Nightmare's latest versions of E1M4 and E1M5? Me changes the link now!
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Good news

Post by Nmn »

Take my post back :? ... :D

I stink for spreading lies :| But I didn't know things will turn out that fortunate ;)
They taking my sister in my place to go see the grandma, thus I'm staying at home. I'm not omitting school tough >_<

Anyway, /me is back. Woah, release date moved? o_O

Don't touch E1m6. I need to finish that sucker :D
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

BTW E1M5 is only finished in regards to architecture - it definitely still needs someone to take a good look at monster and item layout (someone with more talent in such regards than myself ;)).
Krillancello

Post by Krillancello »

The following file info is taken directly from my server's filelist.txt file:

Code: Select all

File         - Description            - Date & Time                      - Poster       - Status

Resources
zd1res.zip   - KDiZD Resources        - November  21, 2004 (12:55:41 PM) - Tormentor667
musicres.zip - KDiZD Music            - November  21, 2004 (12:55:41 PM) - Tormentor667

Maps
ze1m1.zip    - KDiZD e1m1 Map         - December   6, 2004 ( 3:06:38 AM) - Tormentor667 - Unfinished
ze1m2.zip    - KDiZD e1m2 Map         - November  21, 2004 ( 1:56:01 PM) - Tormentor667 - Finished
ze1m3.zip    - KDiZD e1m3 Map         - November   2, 2004 ( 3:15:59 AM) - Nmn          - Unfinished (ellmo)
ze1m4.zip    - KDiZD e1m4 Map         - December   6, 2004 ( 4:36:27 AM) - NiGHTMARE    - Unfinished
ze1m5.zip    - KDiZD e1m5 Map         - December   6, 2004 ( 4:36:27 AM) - NiGHTMARE    - Finished
ze1m6.zip    - KDiZD e1m6 Map         - December   6, 2004 ( 3:06:38 AM) - Tormentor667 - Unfinished
ze1m7.zip    - KDiZD e1m7 Map         - November  21, 2004 ( 1:56:01 PM) - Tormentor667 - Unfinished (NiGHTMARE)
ze1m8.zip    - KDiZD e1m8 Map         - November  21, 2004 (12:55:41 PM) - Tormentor667 - Finished
ze1m9.zip    - KDiZD e1m9 Map         - September 25, 2004 ( 5:56:19 AM) - cyber-menace - Unfinished (Bio Hazard)

Non-Standard Maps (No Doom E1 equivalent; made specifically for KDiZD)
inter.zip    - KDiZD Intermission Map - October   31, 2004 ( 5:58:48 AM) - Nmn          - Unfinished (Risen)
The listed dates and names are the exact GMT -0800 times and poster usernames, reported by the ZDoom forum, of the post in which I found the file link. Meaning, for example, that the version of the intermission map (inter.zip) I have on my server is the one Nmn posted on October 31 at 5:58:48 AM.

My server is configured so that I don't necessarily have to do anything; the ZDoom developers are free to use the server's ZDoom account to upload or modify development files. Thus, if Nmn were to finish e1m6, he would be able to go to my server's zdoom/kdizd directory and upload it over the file currently there. However, if anyone does take advantage of this, I ask that you update filelist.txt with the new information (instead of the date and user of the posting that I have, you would put the date and time of your upload, and your name, as well as update the status).
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

The intermission map version You have is made by me because Risen haven't posted his version. IIRC all buildings were 100% rebuilt from scratch with higher level of detail. Seems he wants to take full credit for it :grumpy: ;) .

Return to “Levels”