[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
GeeDougg
Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Post by GeeDougg »

@Tormentor: That's exactly what I said!

@HotWax: Heh that's too blurry though!
Risen

Post by Risen »

Left to go:
- M10 exterior
- Time/Weather adjustments (I have started on this, but it needs to go much further)
- Building exteriors and terrain: more detail!
- Figure out the remaining crash (reported in another thread, waiting to hear more about it)

I am getting close to a point where I would like to pass this off to another mapper. I have very little free time for a while, and I am close to a good stopping place. I'd like to get this crash ironed out before I pass it along, but hopefully it will be a quick fix. I'm looking for a high-quality mapper to work on the map elements, not the script workings. However, there will necessarily be script modding in order to get the desired effects.

Then, when you are done, I will want to take it back up and make sure the script engine is nice and clean and optimized. I will incorporate your scripts into the engine so it all works seamlessly.

So... who wants it?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Risen wrote:Left to go:
- M10 exterior
- Time/Weather adjustments (I have started on this, but it needs to go much further)
- Building exteriors and terrain: more detail!
- Figure out the remaining crash (reported in another thread, waiting to hear more about it)

I am getting close to a point where I would like to pass this off to another mapper. I have very little free time for a while, and I am close to a good stopping place. I'd like to get this crash ironed out before I pass it along, but hopefully it will be a quick fix. I'm looking for a high-quality mapper to work on the map elements, not the script workings. However, there will necessarily be script modding in order to get the desired effects.

Then, when you are done, I will want to take it back up and make sure the script engine is nice and clean and optimized. I will incorporate your scripts into the engine so it all works seamlessly.

So... who wants it?
Well, actually NO, because I think you should finish this up on your own in case, someone else destroys the amazing work you did

Oh and btw, unfortunately I suffer from a gastro-intestinal diseases and besides puking all day long, I don't have much time to work on this project, so don't miss me in the next few days!
Risen

Post by Risen »

That is fine, but let me warn you in advance that I have less free time for this now so work will be slow for a while.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Map List & Status
E1M1 - cccp_leha is working on the map, got some preview and gave some tips
E1M2 - finished (link?)
E1M3 - ellmo is working on the map, preview would be great, finished till friday?
E1M4 - nightmare worked on this the last time, still not finished, who works right now on that?
E1M5 - finished (link?)
E1M6 - NMN is working on the map, will be done on friday
E1M7 - Nightmare worked on that, finished? link?
E1M8 - finished (link?)
E1M9 - Biohazard, is he working on the map? any preview? finished till friday?
E1M10 - Nightmare works on that right now (I hpe), some preview? finished till friday?
Intermission Map - Risen is working on that piece, how long will it take?
Credits Map - Biohazard wanted to do that, but I haven't heard something about that for ages, any news?

@Risen - Good work needs more time so it is okay with me :)
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Tormentor667 wrote:Map List & Status
E1M3 - ellmo is working on the map, preview would be great, finished till friday?
Hate to say this, but no.
But to show you that I AM working on something:
File Size: 2,20 Mb
Sector Count: cir. 2300
Completion Percentage: 60-65%

And also, I'm starting to rebuild that big nukage area, with the "O" shaped stony bridge. I think I'll have to do it from scratch, as I'm too confused, thus not satisfied, with what was done to this place, and editing sectors->tags->scripts is too much of a bother to me :roll: . There are serious misalignments, the undernukage areas are textured only with SHAWN2 :stuppor: And there is a Cpu console with... Purple Lightning, right on the other side of the bridge. Whoever did this, should be ashamed of himself.

One more thing to mention. I have built a nice looking ladder, leading her way up the ceiling. It has good texturing and I'm also content with lightning, but it serves no purpose. Should I make it operable? And then a small area, probably with maintenance equimpnet accessable via it?
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

E1M6 - NMN is working on the map, will be done on friday
Hate to say this, but no. Saturday if all goes well, if not, Sunday. If not this weekend, than I have no fucking idea when :( I'm sorry but Life has gotten very complicated, I barely have time for anything, including KDIZD.
I will do this map, but don't expect too much from me, even the launcher will be delayed because of all this.
ellmo

...you fail it!

Post by ellmo »

At least - when we fail - we fail together, just like a Team, NMN... :laff:

How about that ladder? Good, Bad?
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Your sense of humour is lethal to brain cells. :?

Ahh.. Ladder-fantastic, super, whatever. Why to remove an element because it lacks sense? And what the hell does a storage do in the mines (e1m3? )
Risen

Post by Risen »

Nicely done. I look forward to the whole thing.

Tormentor: I need a current version of every map in order to proceed with the atmoshperics in the intermission. My repeated requests for skyboxes haven't gotten any response, so now I am looking to you for a solution.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

E1M9 - Biohazard, is he working on the map? any preview? finished till friday?
I havent even touched it since last week, i am so sick of this map its unbeleiveable!
Tormentor667 wrote:Credits Map - Biohazard wanted to do that, but I haven't heard something about that for ages, any news?
im still going to do it, but you and i need to talk about it more, i have lots of questions (#NZDR hint hint)

-----------------------------------

i think im drifting away from the doom community again, as i do every year or so. ill probably be away from the site and the events (not #NZDR though) for a few months to take a breather. i'm doing a lot of work increasing my skills in many fields, not leaving much time to be creative tworads doom. sorry that it happened in the middle of a project... :?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@ellmo - Okay, screenshots look great, no doubt but I am not pleased with the fact, that your work isn't finished for today... but as it is the same with other mappers I am ok. So, what about the next monday as deadline?

@NMN - Same to you but we can't change anything about it so what about the next monday? BTW, did you get rid off the bug?

@Risen - Well, I have some maps on my harddrive but they are not final, though I know all of the maps daytime so here is a list of that:
E1M1 - Full daylight
E1M2 - Full daylight
E1M3 - Dark Night
E1M4 - Half Night, Half Day (Dusk, Twilight)
E1M5 - Full daylight
E1M6 - Break of Dawn (this orange/red/beige one from NMN)
E1M7 - Not relevant, no sky visible, maybe make as for in E1M4
E1M8 - Night
E1M9 - Day, but not full light (just 208), maybe because of cloudiness
E1M10 - Full Daylight (if Nightmare won't change something about it)
So I hope that's all you need!

@BioHazard - If you want me to, I could continue work on E1M9, just tell me what you have in mind with several areas. And concerning the credits map, just tell me (in Middle European Timezone - MET) when I have to be online, then we can discuss that!

I also have sometimes one of these... holes and a break is often inavoidable but PLEASE get the Credits map done because in my eyes, you are the onley person here who can do this right :) I loved the credits map of TZDCMP1 and I really want to see something like that in here!!! :)
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

Wouldn't it be better if the times were somewhat chronological? Like:
E1M2 - Full daylight
E1M3 - Dark Night
E1M4 - Half Night, Half Day (Dusk, Twilight)
Those are a couple big jumps (E1M3 to E1M4 especially) where would all that time go?
E1M5 - Full daylight
E1M6 - Break of Dawn (this orange/red/beige one from NMN)
I'd think that'd be better fit as dusk/twighlight. Conversly, making E1M4 dawn would fit all these together nicely.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

E1m4 is early morning actually or a cloudy day.

E1m6 is dusk, not morning. Besides, by the end of e1m6 it's night (script changes evening to night, really easy honestly ;) )
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Chris - We already discussed that and it will stay as it is for each map! The time can pass when travelling between each base, so there is actually no problem for me! So stop that discussion and proceed with real important stuff!

Return to “Levels”