BD Enhanced Edition v19g (UPDATED 25 oct 2014)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

BD Enhanced Edition v19g (UPDATED 25 oct 2014)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

This is a slightly modified version of Sgt. Marks IV's Brutal Doom v19, created and tweaked some time ago by me, just for fun and also for trying to improve some things that are missing in the original mod. Note that you DON'T have to load this with original Brutal Doom file! For the main list of changes, read the description below.

Here is the main list of changes respect from original Brutal Doom v19:

- Replaced the old v0.18 Minigun and Rocket Launcher sprites for the new v19 ones published in previous test releases.
- Replaced Rifle, Shotgun and SSG sprites by the respective DoomNukem's Weapon Pack versions. (They're even cooler than the original ones, don't you think so?)
- Restored the old v0.18 Tomb Raider's "Find-a-secret" sound. (No more hearing the ZDoom's ugly standard sound!)
- Increased back the max-bullet ammo from 200 to 300. (Yeah, because 200 it's way TOO LOW. Long life to old Brutal Doom times!)
- Increased Revenant's Hell Missile Launcher max ammo from 50 to 120 (240 with backpack). You know, HML's new rate of fire on this version wastes more ammo than usual, and you run out of fire too rapidly in a similar way like the 200/400-bullet minigun. So doubling the max capacity mitigates this problem...
- Increased Mancubus' Flame Cannon max ammo from 30 to 60 (120 with backpack). Now you can roast hordes of imps and pinkies without worrying about running out of flames! Hahaha...
- Increased Shotgun/SSG max ammo from 50 to 100 (200 with backpack). Yeah, if you like to use this versatile weapons, why have you to conform with Vanilla's so-low ammo capacity? Now, shut up and bring them on!
- Increased Plasma Rifle/BFG9000 max ammo from 300 to 400 (800 with backpack). That's right. The new Plasma Flamethrower wastes A LOT OF AMMO. Don't you hate this thing? Yeah, me too. So if you can pick more cells, the fun lasts more time. Hehehehe!
- Doubled the Hell Missile Launcher and Flamecannon damage to enemies. As they're pretty rare-to-find weapons, their efficacy with enemies should be greater. Nowadays, who wants a weak rare weapon apart from collectors?
- Now picked up Backpacks will increase the ammo for Hell Missile Launcher and Flamecannon.
- Updated the new Brutal Doom title screen header with a 'Enhanced Edition' subtitle. (Previous Credits Page was removed by the author, so it keeps missing in this
version too.)
- The old v0.18 Nazis and their MP40s are back! (Beware, they are MORE dangerous than the Vanilla's giant smurfs!)
- Fixed a bug with special weapon MP40 related with Alt-Fire and zoom mode. (Previously, when you tried to reload the MP40 with full clip reserve, the zoom was not
restored to normal mode.)
- Removed forever that emetic-hateful aberration called J. Beiber. Lil' old Commander Keen rules! (Well, actually in original Brutal Doom v19 was also removed, but
not in the previous modified version.)

NEW V19G CHANGELOG (*):

- Some changes in Chainsaw: now the player is not pulled towards his target on successful hits when sawing enemies or some corpses, making easier to collect the Revenant's HML and Mancubus Flame Cannon. Furthermore, the sawing damage attack to enemies has been increased, but now the pellet-shooting attack is weaker than before. :chainsaw:
- Some sound editing/reworking: included an announcer voice when picking up a Soulsphere, Megasphere or an Invulnerability Sphere, like in Zandro's old releases. Plus, the Demon Strenght Rune pickup sound has been replaced by a more demonic-style sound! (Don't shit in your pants when you hear it!) :mrgreen:
- The Demon Strength Rune powerup will be more valuable from now, it will give you always +10 health even when you've reached the player's maximum health. (Yeah, it's like those blue health potions, but better. Catch all of them while you can!) :!:
- Included in Zip archive a new addon for getting an alternative secondary fire for the BFG9000. With this, the big weapon shots a huge plasma-bolts burst spreading randomly, in a similar way like the pre-release Doom BFG's fire method, costing 30 unit of Cell-ammo per shot. (Special thanks to Quaker540 for the idea and providing the code for making it possible!) :thumb:
- Flame Cannon weapon has been updated from Brutal Doom v20 testing release sprites. Enjoy its newer and cooler aspect!
:flamethrower:
- The player's Hell Missile Launcher doesn't bob anymore when walking around.
- Improved and smoothened the changing-weapons animations. They won't appear or disappear suddenly in player's sight as before; also some weapons are lowered and raised faster! :wink:
- Minor changes in some obituary messages, plus other small fixings as usual.

(*): Due to some new scripts included in this release, I strongly recommend you to get the most recent GZDoom dev build to run BDEE without problems. Older GZDoom releases and any current Zandronum version are not supported from now. You can download the most recent GZDoom dev build from this page:

http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

PREVIOUS CHANGELOGS (V19A TO V19F):
Spoiler:

OLD SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler:

NEW HELP-SCREEN SNAPSHOT:

OLD PROMO TRAILER:
Spoiler:

SOME NEW VIDEO WALKTHROUGHS (ALL BY YOUTUBE USER MARTINOZ O):

GO TO BD ENHANCED EDITION V19G DOWNLOAD PAGE

That's all for now folks... Have a happy doom-killing! HE HE HE HE... :grr:
Last edited by Hexereticdoom on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 36 times in total.
LegendaryFalco

Re: Brutal Doom v0.19 Final Test Modified (Updated)

Post by LegendaryFalco »

this is sweet and can defo hold me off till the full release of BD 19
RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

As a request, could you add the nazis from the last test version that had them? I really hate the giant smurfs.
LegendaryFalco

Post by LegendaryFalco »

edit: i fixed the link to have the actual newest one instead of an older version my bad edit 2: link fixed

ok so i tried this out and it seems to be based on an older final tests instead of the newest

http://www.putlocker.com/file/BB9239FB03F6D143

this one is based on final tests8748 which is the newest version

what i did was open up slade and take the ammo code and weapon sprites from hex's modified BD V19 and placed it into 8748
i also restored shotgun ammo to former glory by making shotgunners drop 4 shells instead of 2 and on map shotguns give 8 shells instead of 4 (like vanilla doom)
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

You forgot some of the minigun sprites. If you could reupload with a fixed one that would be great since I've lost the v18b file I had and I don't know where else to get them.
tuintje

Post by tuintje »

Btw you guys have any idea how to turn on voxel blood in this version or has the voxel blood been removed?
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

This DOES NOT work with Original DooM. Spits out an Animdefs error.
Quadruplesword

Post by Quadruplesword »

This DOES NOT work with Original DooM. Spits out an Animdefs error.
Works fine for me, unless it happened some point past the beginning.
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

tuintje wrote:Btw you guys have any idea how to turn on voxel blood in this version or has the voxel blood been removed?
Voxel blood was part of my patch, not this one.

-TZK
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

PermaNoob wrote:As a request, could you add the nazis from the last test version that had them? I really hate the giant smurfs.
OK, I'll try to do it, but could take me some time. A bit busy these lately days... :blergh:
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

Does not work with Ultimate Doom and latest GZDoom build (gzdoom-g1.8.1-253)

ANIMDEFS: Can't find SLIME01
ANIMDEFS: Can't find SLIME02
ANIMDEFS: Can't find SLIME03
ANIMDEFS: Can't find SLIME04
ANIMDEFS: Can't find SLIME05
ANIMDEFS: Can't find SLIME06
ANIMDEFS: Can't find SLIME07
ANIMDEFS: Can't find SLIME08
ANIMDEFS: Can't find BFALL1

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "BRUTALV19MOD.PK3:animdefs" line 873:
Unknown texture BFALL1
Quadruplesword

Post by Quadruplesword »

I think that may be an issue with the latest build of GZDoom and not Brutal Doom specifically.
Xangi

Post by Xangi »

Quadruplesword wrote:
I think that may be an issue with the latest build of GZDoom and not Brutal Doom specifically.
It is an issue with brutal doom.

If you check back to around page 420-430 in the BD V018 thread I posted a fix. Basically just open up animdefs and comment out the offending lines.
Quadruplesword

Post by Quadruplesword »

If you check back to around page 420-430 in the BD V018 thread I posted a fix. Basically just open up animdefs and comment out the offending lines.
Hm, odd. This version of Brutal Doom works just fine out of the box with Ultimate Doom for me (but I'm also using an older version of GZDoom).
Daft_Guy

Post by Daft_Guy »

I prefer the ZDoom's sound when you find a secret :?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”