[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Risen

Post by Risen »

about what? I said a lot of things.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

NiGHTMARE wrote:Erm, you do realize the current grenade launcher is from Shadow Warrior (IIRC anyway), right?
Damn you got me ... I almost forgot about that :?
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Tormentor667 wrote:@NMN - Same to me, but I just know one person who is able to create amazing new doom-styled monsters from scratch: Vader ... and actually he is already creating a new monster for my latest project, so forget about this!
Cacolich and stuff? Yes, I've heard about him, uber talented. Might get some tips :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Yeah, Cacolich and stuff ;) (he definately r0x0rs :)))
Woolie Wool
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

Tormentor667 wrote:
NiGHTMARE wrote:Erm, you do realize the current grenade launcher is from Shadow Warrior (IIRC anyway), right?
Damn you got me ... I almost forgot about that :?
Actually, it's Cory Whittle's modified version from Immoral Conduct, and he has explicitly forbidden using his stuff in projects. You'll need to find another GL.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

BTW, anyone else already progressing?!

@Nightmare - Any screenshots for E1M5?

@cccp_leha - Have you already worked on E1M1? Any progress?

@Risen - Shots for E1M4?

@BioHazard - Shots for progress on E1M9?

==================================
Okay, I tried to find another mapper for round 2 but as it looks like now, I can't find one. And considering the fact, that almost every map has two mappers (except E1M8 which doesn't need much work) and E1M9 (which needs much work :( any thoughts?), I announce now the beginning of Week 1 for Round 2: It will start on Friday, 27th of October and end on Friday, 5th November. Week 2 starts on Friday 5th November and ends on Friday, 12th November. Week 3 starts on Friday 12th November and ends on Friday 19th November. After Week 3, ALL MAPS MUST BE COMPLETELY FINISHED (rooms, detail, gameplay, ammo/weapon balance, script stuff, etc.) because I really don't want to do a WEEK 4 or a round 3 for this. After I have all the maps, I want to start compiling the mainwad and begin betatesting phase (some of you should once again help me with that) and after this being succesful, we release our masterpiece of work!)
====================================
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

By the way, just 20 posts left and this thread is the largest thread ever in history of the ZDoom forums :) (maybe also in history of Doomworld and Newdoom, but I actually don't know ;)), it has already far beyond 20.000 views and still grows :) Isn't this amatzing?! :)
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Amazing.. 19 posts left ;)

THAT"S IT!
Love me or hate me,
I will not let my friends crumble asking for help and recieving stupid comments!
I will manage all stuff.

Tormentor, sign me!
for e1m8 week 1

and E1m9 Week 2
Last edited by Nmn on Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xenaero

Post by Xenaero »

I'm some talent :D But I don't like tech maps, so I do hellish, wait until e2 or e3. ;D And even then i'm not that good with many zdoom stuff, but i'll lend a hand :D

Now, before I try to read 86 pages, any screens on the maps, specifically e1m8? :D
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Nmn wrote:Amazing.. 19 posts left ;)

THAT"S IT!
Love me or hate me,
I will not let my friends crumble asking for help and recieving stupid comments!
I will manage all stuff.

Tormentor, sign me!
for e1m8 week 1

and E1m9 Week 2
*yawns*
I was just going to ask you about drawing these weapons you see we have problems with. And thanks for calling me a talent.
Oh... oh, and... good to work along your side again. Teammate. We didn't since holding R1.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Don't get moi wrong.
I came here to map, not to make graphics.
You yawn pal? Bwahahaha, everything went right according to my plan, insect. I lured You to KDIZD for the team to obtain yet one experienced mapper (I will not call You a talent :wink: ) and I could get back to help accomplishing this great thing. All my evil plans went correct
:twisted:

Anyway, I'll draw You the weapons under 1 condition.
Either:
send me money or send me a good scanner. :)
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Nmn wrote:Anyway, I'll draw You the weapons under 1 condition.
Either:
send me money or send me a good scanner. :)
*** AVAILABLE CREDITS: 0 ***
******* INSERT COIN *******
Risen

Post by Risen »

Colored lighting is nice but please tone down the saturation. It is much too garish for Doom.

NMN: I have a decent scanner, you can mail drawings to me and I'll send you scans.

There is a lot of talent on this team... I think most everyone working on it has good talent!
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@ellmo - Great shots, I really like them :) You have a good eye for colors and fitting textures :)

@NMN - Great to hear that, dude, I will insert you into the requested slots :) (but beware of saying me in a few hours, that you changed your mind!!!!!!!!)

@all - Well, I lied, here are some new shots :)

(stairway to the red-keycard room)

(enhanced look of the room with the red keycard :)))
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Risen wrote: NMN: I have a decent scanner, you can mail drawings to me and I'll send you scans.
:?

Return to “Levels”