Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Max Dickings

Re: Brütal Doom v0.18

Post by Max Dickings »

Sgt why haven't you showed this thread your amazing new trailer?

Until a proper announcement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89iszJNcKQw
PaskaTykki

Post by PaskaTykki »

At 2:15 Cyberdemon die very fast with Minigun. Is Cyber weaker or is Minigun powerful?
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

PaskaTykki wrote:At 2:15 Cyberdemon die very fast with Minigun. Is Cyber weaker or is Minigun powerful?
He probably had shot it earlier and cut out some of the fight.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

August'll bleed.....
Spoiler:
SNobleJr

Post by SNobleJr »

Nice to see that V19 is coming fairly soon.

I've actually been playing various versions for some time now, and really enjoyed them; it's quite a nice blend of some modern FPS conventions with old-school run-and-gun gameplay. Very respectable work all around.

There's one thing I'd like to ask: would it be possible to add a loaded ammo count to the GZDoom alternate HUD? It's something I like to use because of the convenience of seeing all ammo levels at a glance, as well as the always on-screen kill and secret counters, but unfortunately the Brutal Doom magazine counter doesn't show up on it. If you managed to fit that in, it would be greatly appreciated.

Still a great mod regardless, that's pretty much my only tiny nitpick.
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

It's. . . it's beautiful! We've certainly come a long way from the earlier revs. I'm loving the new heavy weapon models. And to think some people on NeoGAF have been disparaging one of the most brilliantly simple mod ideas in recent history.
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

Is there any way to slow down time in Zdoom? I like how it looks int he video and i"m pretty sure its video editing there haha.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

No. IIRC the question has already been asked a year ago and Sarge said it isn't possible with the engine
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Dan50 wrote:Is there any way to slow down time in Zdoom? I like how it looks int he video and i"m pretty sure its video editing there haha.
Yes and no. You could do it, but it would basically be an ACS script that gives and takes away a TimeFreezer powerup very fast, repeatedly. Slowing down the player's movement & so forth is another issue entirely, and probably couldn't be solved in a neat fashion, if at all.
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

Yes and no. You could do it, but it would basically be an ACS script that gives and takes away a TimeFreezer powerup very fast, repeatedly. Slowing down the player's movement & so forth is another issue entirely, and probably couldn't be solved in a neat fashion, if at all.
There's a better way of doing it, using a combination of CVARINFO, A_SetTics and some ACS. I've done it myself before and it works really well, only problem is that A_SetTics doesn't seem to work on weapons.

EDIT: Here, have an example

-TZK
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

I have the Brutal Doom add on collection and I mostly get Script error, "bd_addon.pk3:decorate.txt" line 148: Unexpected 'Rifle ' in definition of 'BrutalDoomer' when I run it. Why is this? I have the latest version of GZDoom and the BD V19 test 3 Modified version.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

if you using a addon, make sure that addon is updated, or drag brutal doom wad first. oh, and use zandronum version if still not working. that's what i can tell about.

anyway now that's the amazing and fucking BLACK MAGIC with screwed with black metal together. :twisted:
Knight_Kin

Post by Knight_Kin »

I like the improved melee combat from that vid; It looks really cool.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

We need a superfinal test now Sarge. :twisted:
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

I have the Brutal Doom add on collection and I mostly get Script error, "bd_addon.pk3:decorate.txt" line 148: Unexpected 'Rifle ' in definition of 'BrutalDoomer' when I run it. Why is this? I have the latest version of GZDoom and the BD V19 test 3 Modified version
I guess you're using my addon and my modified test 3. The modified test 3 is not compatible with the addon, use the addon with the latest v19 test.

-TZK

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”