Brutal Speed- A Brutal Doom MOD

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
sonic_HD87

Brutal Speed- A Brutal Doom MOD

Post by sonic_HD87 »

When i was playing Brutal Doom v0.18 (By Sergeant_MarkIV), i was wondering if it is possible to have more fast weapons, and of course, sv_fastweapons was the way to go, but sadly, Brutal Doom is incompatible with that command, so i decided to make this "mod" (wich i don't know if i can call it a mod, because the changes are small) to simulate the effect of the sv_fastweapons command.

Last edited by sonic_HD87 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mánibranðr System
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Re: Brutal Speed- A Brutal Doom MOD

Post by Mánibranðr System »

What's the point? Just turn off Brutal Doom.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Okay, disregarding all opinions about Brutal Doom, all you did was take an existing mod and implement something that was originally intended to be an optional cheat code.
sonic_HD87

Post by sonic_HD87 »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:Okay, disregarding all opinions about Brutal Doom, all you did was take an existing mod and implement something that was originally intended to be an optional cheat code.
For some reason, sv_fastweapons command is incompatible with brutal doom.
Mánibranðr System

Yes we know, you already mentioned that in the OP. Our question is WHY?
Max Dickings

Post by Max Dickings »

Its a tad silly seeing him try to rack the pump-shotgun during his semi-auto-like firing.
sonic_HD87

Post by sonic_HD87 »

ArcheKruz wrote:Yes we know, you already mentioned that in the OP. Our question is WHY?
Why? because i want to recreate the effect of the command.
Why did i publish it? i want to see if some people like's the concept, and, i think they don't :cry:
Mánibranðr System

The concept is good, but you didn't do enough to justify it as its own published project. You'll have to change the weapon behaviours, add monster multipliers, reanimate the guns to keep the balance. It would also be nice to create new monster variations as well. If you're really thirsting for something with fast weapons and more explosions per second, you might as well play better mods like Russian Overkill and Error : Doom.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Matt
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

ArcheKruz wrote:The concept is good, but you didn't do enough to justify it as its own published project. You'll have to change the weapon behaviours, add monster multipliers, reanimate the guns to keep the balance. It would also be nice to create new monster variations as well. If you're really thirsting for something with fast weapons and more explosions per second, you might as well play better mods like Russian Overkill and Error : Doom.
Here's a better question: why do you even give a shit? If you don't like BD don't play it and stop bothering the rest of us.

(though I second Blox's disappointment :V)

While this probably won't be something I'm putting on autoload exactly, watching BD with fast weapons is hilarious, it's like watching someone eat poutine with a big scoop of lard in it to get it to just the right level of greasy.
Mánibranðr System

It's not a crime to want excellence and to push people to do better. ;)

PS : Brutal Doom is actually a guilty pleasure of mine, kind of like Michael Bay movies. What I like and what I think is good are two completely different metrics.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

ArcheKruz wrote:What I like and what I think is good are two completely different metrics.
??? how does this even work ???
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

My problem with it is that Brutal Doom with sv_fastweapons is something you'll play with for five minutes, get bored, then do something else (if you spend more than five minutes without getting bored, there's something wrong). If you're going to put this much effort making something, make something more worthwhile.
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

You know i'm starting to get tired of Brutal anything doom related

Also, This is pretty pointless
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I would like to say, to all the fine folks here, that if you're really that tired of Brutal Doom and things related to it, this thread in particular is really not the best place to air your grievances. I wouldn't mind if you were to, say, start a thread about it in General and discuss the issue there (as long as it doesn't get into ad hominem territory); in here, though, it's not cool and not necessary.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”