The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
FuzzballFox

Re: The New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by FuzzballFox »

Enjay wrote: Story
Eep one of those things that worries me about learning to drive- it's a serious thing to take on board!
Granted we don't get horrible snow so much down here in Hampshire but still...D:

Good to hear you got it under control though, would be really awful to hear if something bad happened to a staple member!
GooberMan

Post by GooberMan »

I went sliding today. Or, as its known by people who can do it properly, cross country skiing. Conclusion: I'll have to try the downhill variety instead so I can get the "uncontrollable" part of my sliding in order.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Suddenly photoshop refuses to stay open for more than ten seconds, also it takes forever to load menus. Interesting.
Also, because I actually could launch it in an ancient sandbox environment:
Image (White halo because I can't export it inside Photosnoozeshop)
Fucked around a bit with this thing, yeah this would be grand if I could actually replicate it. But no way in hell am I ever going to have any plausible chance to do this within this year.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

FuzzballFox wrote:Good to hear you got it under control though, would be really awful to hear if something bad happened to a staple member!
Thanks. :)

I have to admit though, I have always liked driving in the snow. I don't know why really but right from my first winter of driving I just got a kick out of it. I sometimes find excuses to go out in it. :lol:

Back to the story, interestingly, when I tried to get home, I got to almost where I'd slid in the morning (by now it was a complete whiteout and I couldn't see much more than two car lengths in front). Through the white I suddenly saw some hazard lights and the blue lights of a police car. It seems that I wasn't the only one to slide there today but the other people were not as lucky and it looked as if there were a few cars involved. It didn't look too bad but the road was blocked and everyone else had to go back in the direction that we had come from and try a different route.

[edit] It seems like it was a bigger crash than I thought. 4 lorries, 3 cars and 2 vans. I told you that visibility was low. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-n ... d-21445986 [/edit]
Blox wrote:Image
Now, why couldn't Doom3 have had something like that charging at me?
Last edited by Enjay on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

And you just hit on the nailhead why I enjoyed Doom 64 so much.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

it's fun making tracks in FL Studio using soundfonts. i don't fully understand how it all works, though. for example, i am missing a snare sound i've heard quite a bit everywhere which i have no idea how to bring forth in the piano roll (loading the soundfont in Fruity Soundfont Player gives me the snare, but not when fiddling with a MIDI file). also, notes cut short, as well. need to figure out how to make that not happen.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Spoiler:
Been modifying a copy of "PSX Doom TC" so I can run it with various mods (Not that I didn't have a lot of fun playing it as is), but was done out of a 'Hm... I want to play through something using a weapons/gameplay mod" sort of mood I had at the time.
Avoozl
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Avoozl »

After seeing that high-res demon I wonder what the Doom 64 version of it would look like if also done that way.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Got a little update on that thing.

i want to know how u do dis
0bsidian

Post by 0bsidian »

Went to Auckland and watched 7 Days live. :mrgreen: I haven't laughed that hard in ages.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

In light of the utter kicking that Aliens CM is receiving at the minute, I went back and fired up Justin Fisher's old TC. Those jump-scares still work.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Yesterday, I had a crazy, and possibly badass, video game idea. Basically, it's Chivalry: Medieval Warfare + Shattered Horizon + Air Buccaneers...
Viscra Maelstrom

i seem to have an urge to make piano melodies in FL Studio all of a sudden. even though two of the tracks half of the melody is taken from another song i've had in my head.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Ricochet wrote:Yesterday, I had a crazy, and possibly badass, video game idea. Basically, it's Chivalry: Medieval Warfare + Shattered Horizon + Air Buccaneers...
Soul Keeper?
Viscra Maelstrom

bought 4 CDs yesterday at the thrift store for only 6 bucks. good deal.

Return to “Off-Topic”