Beyond Reality! v1.7 YEH

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Darsycho
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Re: Beyond Reality - It's Finished! Try it today!

Post by Darsycho »

It is finished!!

Spoiler: Random screenshots
And here's the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?fnebjpmu42s6xxb

Coming soon to /idgames !
CorSair

Post by CorSair »

Aagh, I downloaded version 4 two days ago. D:

Crazy enemies, crazy maps, good gameplay. Nice traps and cool challenges. Goes very close to word Awesome.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Wait! Before /idgames... fist is not widescreen-friendly!
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

when you are in the room that contains the yellow key in the crate dimension, it is possible to get up on one of the small ledges on the left and right side, and jump into the middle, which makes you fall into the floor and get killed by the random demon down there.

in the same level, the enemy spawn gets bugged at the end of the level (when you're prompted to return to the beginning of the level), as some of the enemies stack on top of each other.

same level again: the music doesn't playback properly. as in, after it fades out, there is a delay of roughly 15 seconds before the song kicks in again.

other than that, i've enjoyed this thus far. the theme of the mod is definitely unique, and the different enemies, as well as the architecture of the mod (which strongly reminds of Equinox in some places, actually... must be the combination of the open-end levels combined with the sound effects taken from the mod), and the music, all create a very nice balance with each other. they complement each other very well, and it makes the mod more interesting to play, and much less feeling like "another doom mod".

kudos to you. :3
Djiel

Post by Djiel »

This is cool, creepy in some things, but cool. I like the morphing creature especially :D And I had to laugh at the mini pinkies :lol:
Also great music!

There's a texture missing on the big crusher here;
Spoiler:
Also a bit further in, one of the wall textures is moving with the crusher, where I don't think it should.

EDIT: On Map07.. maybe it's just me, but it's not making sense to me;
I found the yellow key first, and if you follow this path through the yellow door, you'll end up stuck at the blue door if you didn't get that key first.
Later I found the blue key, but found no way out of there without a red key.
Darsycho

Post by Darsycho »

Vaecrius wrote:Wait! Before /idgames... fist is not widescreen-friendly!
Hmmm, I'll have to see if DonaldDuck (Or somebody else) feels like adding a bit more to the fist sprite, till then I can't do anything about it since I'm no artist. :P
when you are in the room that contains the yellow key in the crate dimension, it is possible to get up on one of the small ledges on the left and right side, and jump into the middle, which makes you fall into the floor and get killed by the random demon down there.
That's what you get for trying to half-ass through the level! :P Joking, coulda sworn i made those ledges impassible.
in the same level, the enemy spawn gets bugged at the end of the level (when you're prompted to return to the beginning of the level), as some of the enemies stack on top of each other.
...Sonnuva bitch, I know what the problem is, completely forgot about it happening here.
same level again: the music doesn't playback properly. as in, after it fades out, there is a delay of roughly 15 seconds before the song kicks in again.
Ah, but at least it loops. :P But I guess I could edit the module a bit if it bothers anybody, I never was bothered by it since the module was over 6 minutes long. :P
Djiel wrote: There's a texture missing on the big crusher here;
Spoiler:
Also a bit further in, one of the wall textures is moving with the crusher, where I don't think it should.
...Boy, do I ever pay attention to anything. :stuppor:

The WAD has already been uploaded to /idgames already though, but I'm sure theres a way to update the WAD when it's on there, as long as there's no problems that can make a part impossible, it's fine by me. :P I'll still mark these down though, thanks, but damnit it just had to be reported RIGHT AFTER I uploaded on /idgames. :roll: Oh well.

EDIT:
I found the yellow key first, and if you follow this path through the yellow door, you'll end up stuck at the blue door if you didn't get that key first.
The yellow door should lead you into a teleporter than leads you into the blue door that leads you into a room with the red key. :P
Also, if map07 doesn't make sense to you, then you're going to absolutely HATE map10 and map11. :P
Djiel

Post by Djiel »

jack101 wrote:
The yellow door should lead you into a teleporter than leads you into the blue door that leads you into a room with the red key. :P
Also, if map07 doesn't make sense to you, then you're going to absolutely HATE map10 and map11. :P
Yes, the yellow door leads to blue door, but you can get stuck there if you didn't get the blue key! :D
The blue key was reachable by jumping over at the imps on the pillars, but as I wrote, I could not find a way out of there again, besides the red door..
Maybe I simply missed something, perhaps it could be cleared up somehow?

I also found a minor bug (assuming it is one) in map10:
Spoiler:
This sector right here, with the stones, still deals damage like the nukage.

I just finished map10 while writing this.. it made enough sense to me, but not enough ammo in some cases.
Will continue with map11 some time later.

EDIT: Ok, made it through map15 now.. is just me or is the exit not triggering? D: It came down, but nothing happens when I step on it.
Darsycho

Post by Darsycho »

Alrighty, I fixed all the problems that have been reported

http://www.mediafire.com/?a8ai9a2hsxougkz

I'll have to get it updated on /idgames too somehow, I'll find a way. :P
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

all the problems that have been reported
Hmmm, I'll have to see if DonaldDuck (Or somebody else) feels like adding a bit more to the fist sprite, till then I can't do anything about it since I'm no artist. :P
Not all. :|

By the way... what happened to the spinny floaty ammo drops that were in an earlier version? I really liked those...
Darsycho

Post by Darsycho »

Vaecrius wrote:
all the problems that have been reported
Not all. :|
Shhhh. :evil:

Vaecrius wrote:By the way... what happened to the spinny floaty ammo drops that were in an earlier version? I really liked those...
Didn't feel like doing that to the other items, so I removed it all together. Plus I couldn't find rotations for cell ammo (I took the rotations from KDIZD, if you don't know. =P)

Anyways, it's up on /idgames now. Not the updated version though, but again I hope I can get that fixed. :P
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

For the record, all you have to do is bump the version number and reupload to idgames. Ty will happily replace the old one if it's obvious what you're doing. No special action needed. ;)

Hope to play this soon, by the way. Been busy with other doomstuffs at the moment...
Darsycho

Post by Darsycho »

Xaser wrote:For the record, all you have to do is bump the version number and reupload to idgames. Ty will happily replace the old one if it's obvious what you're doing. No special action needed. ;)

Hope to play this soon, by the way. Been busy with other doomstuffs at the moment...
Oh yeah, I know it's up now since the date of the wad in /newstuff changed, so I'm aware it's going to be up. :D

I'm rather surprised from the reactions of this wad, I got really bored as hell from editing this (which is why the last 3 levels are rushed.), and I didn't seem too impressed with my own work, but perhaps I'm just acting kinda like agent spork (No offensive intended by the way.).

I'm even getting numerous nominations for cacoward, so I'd be really surprised if it won one.
Ænima

Post by Ænima »

Extremely fun to play. I'd give it a 9/10, only because I got lost quite a few times and I had to skip one of the levels.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Is there an exact list from which track is what? I have a collection of the necros track but I only recognize the tracks from UT in here so far.
Darsycho

Post by Darsycho »

blackfish wrote:Is there an exact list from which track is what? I have a collection of the necros track but I only recognize the tracks from UT in here so far.
Tracks were taken from here, most of which appeared in the game "In pursuit of Greed"

Title Screen, Map01, Map02, and Map03:
"Escape" - Necros / FM

Map04:
mechanism eight - necros/fm

Map05:
Three Wheels Turning
EDIT: this music has been replaced with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ6RDjgYS20&

Map06:
"research base"

Map07:
"particle control" (Labeled as greed_-_particle_control.s3m on modarchive.)

Map08:
"Temple of the Ethereal"

Map09:
"- ( a r c a d i a ) -" (Edited the last part of the track out, you'll see why. :P)

Map10:
"Eden" Necros / FM

Map11:
"Takeover" - (Labeled as greed_-_takeover.s3m on modarchive.)

Map12:
"gateway"- (Labeled as necros_-_gateway.s3m on modarchive.)

Map13:
"Point of Departure"

Map14:
"river boat"

Map15:
"shadow caster (6:46)"

Map16:
"Metroplex"

Map31:
"iNtErFeReNce"

Gotta go to work now, cya! :P
Last edited by Darsycho on Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”