Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Brütal Doom v0.16 - Cruelty Bonus!

Post by Matt »

...that....

....looks awful. :(

(Do half those blue lines actually do anything at all? and why is the scope vignette look like it's got nothing to do with those lines?)
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

the lines on the side are there because I got bored and draw them on (just for decoration). its just supposed to be a black screen and the blue crosshair
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

If you actually look at the railgun sprite, you'll see it's not a scope, it's more of a display screen. I just did a scope for the sake of clarity. Otherwise it would look more like this and i don't think a square would look as good:
Attachments
scope.jpg
scope.jpg (8.4 KiB) Viewed 1665 times
Zaero

Post by Zaero »

Are you looking for fully Brutal Doom-compatible HUD?
Or maybe default statusbar obscures the view too much?
A HUD full of info, yet not view obscuring?
The solution is here!

Statusbar Reloaded 1.1 Released!
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33397
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

I actually kinda prefer the square look for that railgun thing, precisely because it looks more like a display than a scope. Bit mroe unique, too.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

Same as Xaser.
Jumprex1996

Post by Jumprex1996 »

I have something to say about the plasma gun:
current sprites are great, but I personally think that they are a bit mismatched to climate of game. Those that i remember the first time I played the brutal doom (v0.9) were good, but the reload animations etc. was uninteresting, so I decided make a few new sprites, ones that combine the features of Plasma and v9 from v15:
Plasma gun.png
By the way, i would like to say something that I think should be made certain changes, which may slightly improve the climate, but everyone feels climate differently.
- Back intro from v10, this, with Metallica's song: "For Whom The Bell Tolls"
- Return to cyberdemon missiles.
- The sound of Plasma, which has recently been used in v13.
All these changes are related only to my feelings with the climate of brutal doom and every can think otherwise.

about a railgun sight: i think it should be square, because in railgun sprites a sight is square.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I wish...

Plasmagun won't change, it's been stated before, might as well give up now. lol

Is there a v0.17 test out? If so, can I get a link to it?
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

Jumprex1996 wrote:I have something to say about the plasma gun:
current sprites are great, but I personally think that they are a bit mismatched to climate of game. Those that i remember the first time I played the brutal doom (v0.9) were good, but the reload animations etc. was uninteresting, so I decided make a few new sprites, ones that combine the features of Plasma and v9 from v15:
The attachment Plasma gun.png is no longer available
By the way, i would like to say something that I think should be made certain changes, which may slightly improve the climate, but everyone feels climate differently.
- Return to cyberdemon missiles.
- The sound of Plasma, which has recently been used in v13.
All these changes are related only to my feelings with the climate of brutal doom and every can think otherwise.

about a railgun sight: i think it should be square, because in railgun sprites a sight is square.

Your sprites are good, but the first thing that jumped out at me was the areas highlighted in red*. I don't think they would look good in-game as they look really 'sharp' compared to the rest of the gun. (Perhaps you could just smooth them out a little bit with a blur tool in Phototoshop.) Other than that, they are awesome, I wouldn't mind using them.

I wondered where the homescreen and the song went too, perhaps it was removed due to copyright ? :?

The thing with the cyberdemon is that; you've got a rocket launcher, and it's got one too, meh. So what would make the cyberdemon more comparible to the player's arsenal? Make him shoot big, flaming ball...things. It makes things more interesting. I think Sarge always wanted to make the cyberdemon fire a different projectile so that's why we don't have rockets, but I agree that the cyberdemon should fire rockets aswell, like the revenant.

In regards to the railgun sight:
What I'm trying to do is to get a blue, transparent sprite underneath the railgun's zoom mode to make it look more like a thermal/infrared sight, or maybe when the player zooms in, it activates the 'enhanced nightvision mode' that Gzdoom supports.

Attachments
Rifle.jpg
Rifle.jpg (11.24 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
PaskaTykki

Post by PaskaTykki »

Does Gzdoom have V.017 test 1 versio like Skulltag?
yoshi314

Post by yoshi314 »

PaskaTykki wrote:Does Gzdoom have V.017 test 1 versio like Skulltag?
i think not. it's usually skulltag first, then gzdoom when final release comes.
BlueFireZ88
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

Speaking of Skulltag, that brings up an interesting question:

Since Skulltag has bit the dust (development wise), will you be changing support over to Zandronum, or whatever it's called, with future versions of BD?
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I think he already did, there is a forum topic there.

Where can I find 0.17 Test 1?
qwasqaws

Post by qwasqaws »

Edit:
In a future post are mods for single pistol alongside the rifle and the dual pistols at clicking fire rate, like the single.
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 99#p638299

---

I noticed a few people like add ons but can't be bothered to make anything themselves, so here's one of mine.
I took the liberty of editing the brutal pistol to make it dual wielded. I personally don't see the point of the pistol on it's own and I loved the dual pistols from Deus Vult II.

You start with the pistols and pick up the rifle from zombiemen.
It uses the sound from the arsenal.

It's intended for fun over balance, or even usefulness, but it does ok. Since it's competing directly with the rifle now I lowered the fire rate and added an altfire which is about as fast as the rifle but less accurate. Since the original fired as fast as you clicked then this is worse overall. Why ever use it then? I find I only use the rifle for long range anyway and I like these pistols for clearing zombiemen etc in a fun way.

Download http://www.mediafire.com/?hndhsw2h3w8kw3j

Screenshot
Spoiler:
Last edited by qwasqaws on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PaskaTykki

Post by PaskaTykki »

Spidermastermind have couple bug.

- It get stuck with pinky too easily. If Spidermastermind add that drive over like Juggernaut have, so Spidermastermind dont get stuck.
- sometime Spidermastermind dont hit small enemies
- Spidermastermind kill self when fly hight

there is video all those bugs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jKRBO-wYVM

Is there possible set to hud like Skulltag versio Brutal Doom to GZdoom? In Gzdoom i dont see how much ammo my weapon have. There is screenshot Skulltag Brutal Doom. http://imageshack.us/f/849/screenshotdoom201207211.png/

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”