Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
The Zombie Killer

Re: Brütal Doom v0.16 - Cruelty Bonus!

Post by The Zombie Killer »

Alright, here you go guys, just put your iwads in the "BPlatform" folder and run GZDoom, the rest is done for you, the only thing YOU need to do is set the controls.

Forget this link, V3 is out on the separate post.

-MBF
Last edited by The Zombie Killer on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

You should make a seperate page for that so people will know about it, MBF.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Baron action sequence

epic40k

Post by epic40k »

I had to make some more fixes to the fixed 017 test pk3 to get mine to work:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1ezvilyi1zrgcuu
serverside flags where left on in some files and some monsters and guns where replacing non existant things. qzdl took a fit and would run.

I got the DOOM3 zombie threats working again too if anyone likes them, it's not the same without them giving you shit in the darkness:
http://www.mediafire.com/?x3ag96waf6axtnu

In both files I used the clearer shotgun sounds from the 017 and 016 versions. So if you want to change them back to the 017 files, look in SOUNDS\COMBAT\ for SGFIRE.wav and SSHFIRE. I would have changed them back but I deleted the muddy sounding files as I like the clear sounds.
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

I keep getting can not find gzdoom.pk3 when trying to run the pogo version.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

Most of the weapons seem to have a secondary fire option. I think it would be cool that the rocket launcher should have some sort of scope like the railgun, even like the one seen in RAGE, as it does fire a projectile in a straight line.
Judge

Post by Judge »

armymen12002003 wrote:i found this guy on monkee's image world it looks pretty badass maybe you could use him as the replacement for the cyberdemon on level 32

i think the characters name is Himmelpferd
Himmelpferd (Heaven Horse) is mine. I created that back in 2004-2005 for an unreleased project.

Are you sure you don't want this guy instead? I also created him for the same project.

Last edited by Judge on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

He needs rotations, unfortunately.
Judge

Post by Judge »

Indeed, that is the only downside. I never created rotations for them unfortunately. If someone is up to the challenge, I would encourage them to finish off the rotations. :P
O_OPlayer

Post by O_OPlayer »

Hey! This is my first time on this forums, well, hi :)
I have a suggestion, how about a melee attack that, you hit with your weapon's butt, that would be awesome, also, add recoil for all the other weapons or a separate .wad, but the wads are just awesome!!! Never get bored of it, love it, and what to say? AWESOME!!!! Best Doom wad...EVER...
I know that this suggestion might be dumb because we have the kick, I don't know.
Also, add a sniper rifle because it would be more awesome for long distances, add 2 or more, like the AWP from CS.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

There is a sniper rifle, it's called the Railgun.
Marnetmar

Post by Marnetmar »

O_OPlayer wrote:sniper rifle
Get out.
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

O_OPlayer wrote:Also, add a sniper rifle because it would be more awesome for long distances, add 2 or more, like the AWP from CS.
There's already the starting rifle, which is fine for long distances already. And why would you need two or more sniper rifles? What the hell good would multiple kinds of sniper rifle be? At least something like Fallout: New Vegas has the excuse of an RPG-like system with tons of different weapons with different ammo types and strength requirements or whatever, but in Doom what really can you do to make it necessary to need more than one kind of rifle?
Marnetmar

Post by Marnetmar »

It's a disease called Call of Duty.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

Zero X. Diamond wrote:
O_OPlayer wrote:Also, add a sniper rifle because it would be more awesome for long distances, add 2 or more, like the AWP from CS.
There's already the starting rifle, which is fine for long distances already. And why would you need two or more sniper rifles? What the hell good would multiple kinds of sniper rifle be? At least something like Fallout: New Vegas has the excuse of an RPG-like system with tons of different weapons with different ammo types and strength requirements or whatever, but in Doom what really can you do to make it necessary to need more than one kind of rifle?

If brutal doom needs anymore weapons, it should be a machinegun to go along with the chaingun

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”