Brütal Doom v0.18

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Boreas249

Re: Brütal Doom v0.15a Hotfix

Post by Boreas249 »

Zombieguy wrote:
Boreas249 wrote:
Zombieguy wrote:Well, Sarge has a YouTube channel. Just see for yourself.
Yeah, all this time BrutalDooM's been out and you didn't know this?

How else was he able to get all those videos of all the gory goodness to come on here?
I already knew. But Neccronixis didn't (I don't think).
Ah I see
Valherran wrote:Hey Sarge, are you waiting for Skulltag to come back up, or did RL stuff get in the way of the new release again?
Well, from what I've been seeing, he's still been adding stuff... v0.16 is gonna be a big release. :o
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Ethril wrote:this is why they invented [wiki=Classes:FastProjectile]FastProjectiles[/wiki].
I take it Skulltag supports that too.
Xtyfe
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xtyfe »

Mr. Chris wrote:
Ethril wrote:this is why they invented [wiki=Classes:FastProjectile]FastProjectiles[/wiki].
I take it Skulltag supports that too.
Since Hexen support :p
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

I think this is unrelated to the Zdoom forums since it's a news only about the Skulltag version of BD, but I already finished the monster replacement for the Hectabus: The Juggernaut.
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3936/juggernauta.png
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:I think this is unrelated to the Zdoom forums since it's a news only about the Skulltag version of BD, but I already finished the monster replacement for the Hectabus: The Juggernaut.
Oh dear lord...
southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:I think this is unrelated to the Zdoom forums since it's a news only about the Skulltag version of BD, but I already finished the monster replacement for the Hectabus: The Juggernaut.
Duke: "Holy Sh*t!". I love the fact that the brutalized Skulltag monsters are getting new sprites instead of being a palette replacement. So his weapons are dual Chainguns and a shoulder weapons instead of a spread of green projectiles? At least make him drop a box of bullets, then. Also, I can't tell if that shoulder weapon is a Rocket or Grenade launcher.
Last edited by southpark2010 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Yes, and dual Rocket Launchers. And his rockets are the same as the player's rockets (Faster than a Cyberdemon fireball, and insta-kills you if hits directly, even if you have 200 health and armor).

He will fire his dual chainguns until the target is dead or out of sight. Sometimes he will fire a volley of 6 rockets in a space of time of 2 seconds (but it will make a sound that tells the players to stop firing and get the fuck out of his sight). He will move at the same speed of a Hell Knight, and will instakill a player that gets in front of his treads.

One funny thing: I scripted in a way that allows his body rotate when he is targeting the player without moving his chassis to make him act like a real tank-like monster. I'm still working to see if I can make him fire without having to stop moving.
southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:Yes, and dual Rocket Launchers. And his rockets are the same as the player's rockets (Faster than a Cyberdemon fireball, and insta-kills you if hits directly, even if you have 200 health and armor).

He will fire his dual chainguns until the target is dead or out of sight. Sometimes he will fire a volley of 6 rockets in a space of time of 2 seconds (but it will make a sound that tells the players to stop firing and get the cake out of his sight).
Damn. Does he fire the Rockets simultaneously to the Chaingun? Or does he fire them separately?
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote: One funny thing: I scripted in a way that allows his body rotate when he is targeting the player without moving his chassis to make him act like a real tank-like monster. I'm still working to see if I can make him fire without having to stop moving.
I wondered why he looked like he was going to attack yet his chassis is facing in another way.
Morter

Post by Morter »

Found another v016 bug:

The alt-fire from the plasma cannon seems to drain from both the current magazine, and total ammo well, resulting in 24 ammo per alt-fire shot.

Also, I heard tell of a grenade launcher...when the hell does that show up? I wanna see it~
doomquake777

Post by doomquake777 »

Love what your Doing Sarge your remakes of the Skulltag Monsters/Weapons are what have made me loyal to the Skulltag version of Brutal Doom. The Hectebus Remake looks amazing.
On a side note that post I made a page or 2 ago about the Mancubi dropping Grenade launchers sometimes during a headshot death was only witnessed during Skulltag Brutal Doom play. I'm not sure if it would happen or if its even possible for it to happen in the Zdoom version of Brutal Doom.
Boreas249

Post by Boreas249 »

Holy snap!

That thing looks mean...
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

That looks similar to the Tank Commander in Quake 2.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

That looks like fatso is now so fatso that he needs wheels... or 'conveyor belts' (I dont know how to call it in english ¬¬).

Just kiddind; It looks nice, man! Can't wait to se how Abaddon and Cacolantern will be!
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

I can see parts of a Doom 3 Mancubi in there ;)
Zaero

Post by Zaero »

Valherran wrote:That looks similar to the Tank Commander in Quake 2.
The "Tank Commander" was a name of elite version of tank, both were regular enemies. The one you're referring to was a boss called "Tank Guardian".

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”