ZDL 3.2.2.2 Released (UPDATED August 8th 2012)

Launchers like ZDL, DoomRunner, and others belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
QBasicer

ZDL 3.2.2.2 Released (UPDATED August 8th 2012)

Post by QBasicer »

Hello everybody!

I have officially released the next beta version of qZDL. This is my complete rewrite of ZDLSharp in C++ and Qt. It's intended to be a drop in replacement for ZDL 3.1a.

Download .ZIP (3.2.2.2)
Download .ZIP (3.0.5.12)
Download .ZIP (3.0.5.11)
Download .ZIP (3.0.5.10)
Download .ZIP (3.0.5.9)
Download .ZIP (3.0.5.8)
Download .ZIP (3.0.5.7)
Download .ZIP (3.0.5.6)
Download .ZIP (3.0.5.5b)
Download .ZIP (3.0.5.4)
Note, I was having issues with the database server there, those issues have been resolved.

Here's some cool features of 3.0.5.4:
  • Multiple file drag and drop
  • Unlimited length file + iwad + source port lists
  • Settings in a new tab
  • Resizable layout
  • Global .ini file storage (with import)**
  • Works on Windows 7
  • DMFlag Picker*
  • Advanced Multiplayer Options
  • File associations
  • Keyboard shortcuts to open, save, and create new .ZDL configurations
  • Update notifications for new versions
  • Backwards and forwards support for existing .zdl and .ini files
* DMFlag picker will be replaced with something a bit fancier and better in the near future (I hope). It's probably out dated. Feel free to tell me if I've messed something up.
** Stores configuration in APPDATA (if you want) so that you can access your configuration no matter where you open your ZDL file. This means you don't have to keep .ini files around in weird places (current directory and program directory are supported). The importation can be disabled for a particular .ini file or globally. To view the location of the global config file, go to about.

PLEASE report any bugs, issues, or suggestions to this post (or on Github)

You're free to check out the source code on github and/or browse the official ZDL wiki

To manually disable the global import:
Open Windows Explorer, and type "%APPDATA%" into the location and hit enter. If it doesn't exist, create a "Vectec Software" folder. Inside that, create "qZDL.ini". Open it up and add:

Code: Select all

[zdl.general]
nouserconf=1
Xtyfe
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: qZDL 3.0.5.4 Beta Released

Post by Xtyfe »

Hell yes! Thank you for this
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

is there any way to play multiplayer with this?
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

insightguy wrote:is there any way to play multiplayer with this?
Yep, press the down triangle when you open it to access the multiplayer controls, similar to classic ZDL.

It'll look similar to this:
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

sorry for sounding like a dumbass but how do I operate that multiplayer menu with:

Gzdoom
Skulltag
Zdameon (Not sure if I should use this engine for multiplayer. How compatible is it with other wads?)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Awesome.

But, by the way, is there any chance to get some kind of a WAD library added to this? I know, it's not the actual qoal of qZDL but it would be a great thing to organize wads anyway. I had something in mind like D-Fend Reloaded: http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/Sc ... ml?lang=de

Maybe TITLEPICS can be read out on the fly if available, users can also record and snap screenshots, add information to the wads n the library (author, year, game, etc).
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

insightguy wrote:sorry for sounding like a dumbass but how do I operate that multiplayer menu with:

Gzdoom
Skulltag
Zdameon (Not sure if I should use this engine for multiplayer. How compatible is it with other wads?)
I can't comment on Skulltag and ZDaemon, but with [G]ZDoom you need one person set as the 'host' by setting the number of players, and then everybody else specifies 'join' and the IP address of the host, and the game will start when the number of players has been reached. As far as I know, ZDoom (still) works on the model where you need that # of players to start, and you can't add more later (like Skulltag).
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

Tormentor667 wrote:Awesome.

But, by the way, is there any chance to get some kind of a WAD library added to this? I know, it's not the actual qoal of qZDL but it would be a great thing to organize wads anyway. I had something in mind like D-Fend Reloaded: http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/Sc ... ml?lang=de

Maybe TITLEPICS can be read out on the fly if available, users can also record and snap screenshots, add information to the wads n the library (author, year, game, etc).
It's planned, I'm trying to make sure there's a solid base out there on something more modern before I start adding new features. I don't want people to get discouraged by too many shiny things, plus if I added everything I wanted to do at the beginning, I'd never have a release.

It's critical that I get feedback on bugs and issues before moving forward. I have a roadmap wiki entry that touches on some of my plans, however, some priorities have shifted and it needs updating.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Now I love you <3 ...or actually if it really happens, I do :)
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

I get this when trying to launch:
Spoiler:
Here's the command line:
Spoiler:
My OS is XP SP2.

EDIT: It will work if "Quote paths" is unchecked, but the launcher won't close, even if "Close on launch" is checked.
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

Thanks for the report, I'll see if I can fix that today and push a new release.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I can't seem to get this to load settings automatically on startup; I have to load them manually. The program also didn't create its AppData folders automatically - creating them myself and putting a qZDL.ini in there did not do anything. OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, tried running qzdl.exe as administrator with no effect.
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

FYI, if people have issues like this:
- Remove the "Vectec Software" folder from %APPDATA% (go to Explorer and type %APPDATA% into the address)
- Copy the ZDL.ini file they want to replace into the same folder as qZDL
- Run qZDL, it will ask you if you would like to import. Say yes (or whatever you want)
- Your configuration will now be imported.
DOOMERO-21

Re: qZDL 3.0.5.5 Beta Released (UPDATED April 18th)

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

nice, i have a question for play gzdoom or zdoom online use the sistem peer to peer or client/server?
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: qZDL 3.0.5.5 Beta Released (UPDATED April 18th)

Post by NeuralStunner »

DOOMERO-21 wrote:nice, i have a question for play gzdoom or zdoom online use the sistem peer to peer or client/server?
Either one. For 2 players it doesn't really matter, for 3 or more Client/Server will generally perform better.

Return to “Launchers”