I'ts great that more people are willing to help with this project. The end result will be outstanding! I've been a little busy, but managed to get another armor angle (the side this time). This frame gave me a little problem, because the original sprite had a lot of undefined edges (particularly the arms), so i had to define them a little. I adjusted a bit the shoulder and biceps angle, because of the way the shotgun is handled, i hope it doesn't look weird. As for the armor, well, the design is a "little" different from the original (i'm still working with my redesign), i hope you like it.
That looks great! i really like the work you did with the pants. I think the hand looks good. The fourth finger, i think, looks pretty good. It's hard to get a good view of it because of perspective.
thief666 wrote:If you could slowly make this armor for other orientations
I'm on it right now. Hope you like them.
thief666 wrote:The major question is: should we do it right now or rather go ahead and focus on demon and cacodemon and rest of sprites and save this armor for PHASEII?
Well, i think we have several possibilities here:
a) We can save the armors and other details for PHASE II, but keep in mind that it will be a much simpler release of PHASE I. The advantage of this is a faster release. The disadvantage? a much simpler one.
b) We do it right now. It will be a (maybe) far more work to finish PHASE I if we add these details, but we'll have a lot more refined release in our hands. The advantage is, obviously a better looking PHASE I. If we can get this armor in here, not only will it look better, but it would show what this project is aiming for, that this project is going serious about a complete and final release. The obvious disadvantage is a longer development time of this phase.
c) Why not try to advance with the armor frames for zombie and shotgun anyway. Unless there is something more pressing you want my help with, i could continue working on these frames.
d) We could cover work by doom chapters. If we release the complete chapter I "resprite" that would be a great introduction (and achievement) to this project. Besides, any work here still applies with subsequent chapters, where we would only need to work on the "new monsters" and so on. (something like what you did with your pre-alpha release)
Your call man. I'll be glad to help whatever the case.